What would you replace the supra with?

JohnA

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was planning on a Vaux Monaro afterwards (good twin-turbo project).

That's something that I've thought about too ;)

...but I also think I'll get another supra next. I'd love a single but think I'll end up just buying a newer one already done.

Good point there John about 'other peoples' TVRs. I like many cars to look at but bottom line they dont really move me like the Supra. I've posted before that the only other car I'd be happy to own as a desirable object, not just a vehicle, is an Aston. And only then a DB9 or slightly more realistically a V8.

I would replace my hypothetically written off Supra (shiver with horror at the thought) with another Supra without a doubt, whatever my finances may allow in the future.

Hm ... I see the 'heart' choices as being;

- An Aristo/GS300

- A GTO

- A Skyline would be nice, but most likely unaffordable

And I see the 'head' choice being

- A 1.7 deisel Fiesta

- A cheap Focus

etc., as I've started doing quite a few miles recently, and should possibly spend my money on other things.

I tihnk the 'heart' choices would win, though, as soon as I go shopping :) I know a Supra isn't listed there, but I would probably wait until I can get a TT to get another. In the words of Tim Allen 'MORE POWER'!

Supra VVti 6spd, preferably in black.

With the payout I could put money towards a Porsche 964 Turbo2, or Exige S1, or Elise S2, Esprit V8TT or a 993/996 Carrera 2 or a Monaro 6.0 perhaps a C5 Z06.

All of the above is on the shortlist for my Supes replacement anyway, just waiting for my job to get sorted.

Edit- NSX too.

well i replaced mine with a westfield but i'm now so limited to when i can drive it due to weather etc, i am selling it and replacing it with a 1977 Trans am 6.6

i love trans ams they sound mint. my friend has one he gets christmas cards off esso lol

Black Aerotop single manual conversion. Black leather interior, Top secret front and side skirts, veilside spats, over fenders all blended, gold Supra badges. Nur Spec exhaust, gold 18" alloys. The finest chrome engine bay money can buy.

This is a pipe dream!!

I would love a corvette C5 to replace it! But they are in a different league price wise.

Hardly...you can get an old C5 for 12k....mint late spec Z06 C5's are 25k...Supra money a few years ago.

I'd have a C5 Z06 if I could...or actually just a 350z.

I want something to go touring in...

C5 Corvette convertible all the way for me. (It took A LOT of thought - believe me!)

Well - actually - I've already done the buying of the replacement car already, but I just haven't managed to force myself to get rid of my Supra yet. It's starting to look like my wife (Angie) is going to sell her Supra and have my Aerotop.

Hey - we just can't help ourselves! She's happy in the aerotop and I couldn't be happier in my 'vette!

(Just need to sell her hardtop Supe now....)

:D :d

Oh - given the choice (and the cash!) Angie says she would replace her Supra (which one was that again??) with a new Mustang GT, preferrably in 'Eleanor' colours.

I'd like to think if I sold the supra I'd do something sensible with the money and invest it.

In reality it'll probably end up being a Ferrari 355 or Porsche 996. I've wanted the Fezza since they came out, but the 996 is the sensible option :search:

Edit - there's nothing else I can afford that has the performance of a single Supra, hence either wanting something fairly fast+reliable+bit boring (porsche) or fairly fast+unreliable+exciting (ferrari)

ferrari_355.jpg

Porsche_996.jpg

Hardly...you can get an old C5 for 12k....mint late spec Z06 C5's are 25k...Supra money a few years ago.

I'd have a C5 Z06 if I could...or actually just a 350z.

I want something to go touring in...

£12k for a C5? Maybe, but it'd be a 250,000 mile poverty spec in a shite colour and undesireable interior and an LT4 engine and an automatic gearbox. A C5 you'd actually want is closer to £16k-17k maybe more.

IMHO the F355 is the BEST LOOKING CAR ever designed... period. Yes I know they aren't the most reliable of cars and they cost a fortune to service, but on looks alone they win every time for me.

Can I just take this opportunity to say the Veyron is the most ugly overrated supercar that ever graced this earth, would I have one... yes, would I pour petrol over it & set it alight at the first opportunity... also YES :D