The mkiv Supra Owners Club

She's Alive :)

Nic

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes very lucky, valves and seats were fine, just pitting on crown of the piston and combustion area of head.

I'm not sure what the sequence of events was, I'm guessing here, but I suspect the exhaust side blew first as initailly there was no oil smoke from the rear just loss of boost. This may have thrown the balance of the turbo shaft out causing the compressor side to hit the housing shatter and get ingested (does that sound feasible?). There was litterally just the shaft of the turbo left nothing else. I guess most of the turbo would have been stopped by the intercooler as there were a lot of fragments inside the intake piping. It may have just been a couple of small fragment that got into 2 of the cylinders that caused the damage. The corner of 2 of the pistons had chunks missing from them, which probably caused the majority of the damage. Also I had my turbos running in parallel, I wonder if this could have caused the unusual way the turbo blew.

Here's the dyno result, lower line is 1bar at the flywheel, upper line is 1.3bar at the flywheel.

Very happy with the results, she is amazing to drive, completely different to stock turbos, almost instant boost/response and loads of power. I still need to get my RLTC re-fitted, so it's fun at the moment, as it'll basically sit and spin it's wheels in 1st and 2nd gear on part throttle. Torrential rains here today made for some exciting driving :D

http://img469.imageshack.us/img469/6925/010pk2.jpg

Very Nice...

And that resault is on the wheels right ?

So how much in the engine ?

// André

No that is estimated engine hp, the GT3582R is a relatively small single turbo (similar to a T61 but with double ball bearing race so spools up very quickly), I was wanting a responsive road car rather than a big power lag monster :)

The response is amazing, hardly any lag and makes positive boost similar to a standard sequential TT. The power delivery is very smooth, perfect for the type of driving I do here, although I need to get the RLTC fitted so I can get the power to the road better. :blink:

No that is estimated engine hp, the GT3582R is a relatively small single turbo (similar to a T61 but with double ball bearing race so spools up very quickly), I was wanting a responsive road car rather than a big power lag monster :)

The response is amazing, hardly any lag and makes positive boost similar to a standard sequential TT. The power delivery is very smooth, perfect for the type of driving I do here, although I need to get the RLTC fitted so I can get the power to the road better. :blink:

That's a genuine 500 at the wheels IMO...just perfect for the street.

That's a genuine 500 at the wheels IMO...just perfect for the street.

I'll try to get the actual wheel hp graph and post up. It is the perfect setup for me here, better than I could have ever imagined.

I owe Terry S a big thank you for his advice :thumbs:

The response is amazing, hardly any lag and makes positive boost similar to a standard sequential TT. The power delivery is very smooth...

Smooth?

My sphincter would like to disagree with that on the first launch :scared: but at the end of the "test drive" it was :yahoo: :more: all round. Very impressive set up.

Now get that that bloody RLTC sorted out :p

Great setup Nic.

A couple of weeks ago when I was in topracing I still saw your car with an empty emgine room, now it looks so larger than life!! ;) Congratulations!

Charles.

Welcome to the club Charles :thumbs:

Nic's car should be in the next HK Car Buyers Guide magazine, they took some pictures last weekend and should run a article on it. Nic will probabaly post some of the pictures soon.

When is the next HK Supra Club meet? I know Nic is keen to show off his car and Jason (purple Supra with 700hp) has also shown an interest to join us.

Cheers

Wow, will buy it once release! haha!

The coming Sunday 08 Mar 12PM we will meet up at the parking lot area at exhibition centre of Kowloon bay and to cruise together to attend the Orbis Charity Modified Car show at 8 Austin Road West, TST. Time for the almighty single supra to show off.

Please contact campos([email protected] or msn with same address) if you need.

See you then.

Charles.

Wow, will buy it once release! haha!

The coming Sunday 08 Mar 12PM we will meet up at the parking lot area at exhibition centre of Kowloon bay and to cruise together to attend the Orbis Charity Modified Car show at 8 Austin Road West, TST. Time for the almighty single supra to show off.

Please contact campos([email protected] or msn with same address) if you need.

See you then.

Charles.

Hi Charles good to see you on here :thumbs:

I won't be able to go this weekend, the bearing has broken in my power steering pump and is making a lot of noise, so I'm trying not to drive the car too much until fixed. When she is back in fully working order, then we'll have to meet up again.

cheers