The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How long will you keep your Supra for?

hogmaw

How long do you plan to keep your current Supra?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. How long do you plan to keep your current Supra?

• Less than 1 year
    • Maybe 1 - 2 years
    • 2 - 5 years
    • Over 5 years
    • Undecided. Until I crash it/get bored/skint etc

Why is that Danny??

I have had mine 6 weeks and although I am going a bit silly getting it tidied up I am absolutely in love with it. Have only done about 300 miles but I keep looking at it!!:)

The grin factor is immense......:D

H.

click the link in my sig mate, explains all in there.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 years in May, still happy with it :) What on earth would I swap it for :blink:

-Ian

Hit the nail on the head their Ian what do you swap for? I have toyed with the idea of getting something else but you just cant beat the 'bang for buck' with a supra :) So hopefully i'll be keeping mine for the foreseeable future :) (Unless the wife sells it behind my back :no: :stickpoke :spank: )

Mine will be going after the Dragonball in May this year. :( I've just spent too much on nothing substantial other than getting her back to good shape and she's still not there yet. Can't afford this anymore. She's great to drive (when she works) but a nightmare when things go wrong.

Plus I'm always worried about parking etc etc.

Had mine coming up 2 years in April.

Hadn't really thought about when I would get rid of it, I wanted one for so long and I haven't had any major problems with it since I got it *touch wood*

If I was to sell the current one it would be for a TT supe though.

Got mine in October last year and im hoping this will be a long termer, I love it and love spending money on it. Only reason to sell would be money problems. We were gonna have another kid next year but now we are thinking that since Tom will be at school, the £320 a month nursery fees can go on our cars instead :)

Mark

Bought mine at 60k miles ... I expect to run it up to 100k, which'll take 4-5 years, then sell it on. It's my daily driver, and at least I want to keep it for at least the duration of the loan I took out to buy it (3 years ... 1 year gone already!).

This, of course, depends on me not becoming richer in an unexpected way. If that happens I'll sell and go for a TT. With traction control. And big shiny alloys. And a funky nosecone. And FMIC. And leather seats. And buttons in the dash where I just have blanking plates. And a TFT screen. And loads of analogue and digital guages that I won't understand. And airbags. :D

I'm a little down on it at the moment as I've still got a dent in the side from an ice-related incident, but I'll be happy again once that's fixed. I still love driving it as much as when I got it. I just wish there was somewhere local I could really let it rip and see what it can do! (no - not the M4!).

I don't have any immediate plans to get rid of mine. I already have a house, I have a second car, so I have no real reason to get rid. If I did decide it would be only as a final straw and I had no other option, but saying that, you don't know whats round the corner, its hard to say.

for ever and ever,....

You said you would get rid of the Supe when you got a girlfriend so your first answer was right Ed:p

I've had my car for almost 39 months so I have gone for the '5-year' box as I won't be getting rid of it in a rush - but I may get a Skyline as an addition to the family.

Based on my current mileage calculation but if I was to keep the Supe until it had 100K miles on the clock like one guy has suggested, then I would have to get rid of my Supra in 2092 (yep: 2092)

Im keeping mine forever and ever, 5 years in the making now and spent far too much on her to let her go now, she owes me too much. So I will just keep chipping away, bit by bit, and one day I may even finish her..........

But I can tell she is starting to put a few years on her now, would love to chop her in for a 2002 model but again even then she still owes me too much to let her go. Now I could get a 2002 and then swap all the parts over...... :eyebrows:

well i don't have mine yet - but I'm so certain I want one, that once I've got it I plan on doing lots to it and keeping it for a long time.

I'm hoping to buy as "new" as possible, so that I'm not tempted to shift it on quicker because of the age.

Assuming I live long enough, one day I'll go Aston V8, or possibly the new Lexus LFA if it ever hits the stores. Until then theres no current car I'd rather have. This ignores the myriad of capable and almost affordable Porsches / Jags / Corvettes etc etc out there.....the Supra looks right, drives right and go's right so it does, but I actually have a passion for them, more so than any others I've considered. The Aston does the same for me, but thats just pie in the sky just yet.

I really think i'll keep 'a' supra (can't say i'll keep my current one with my track record!) for as long as possible.........

I think i've reached an age where i no longer hanker after anything newer, i've never had an issue with owning new cars or a 'badge' and i think i could well end up being one of those old blokes with their 'old hat' motors. I never used to understand these guys years ago but i think now i'm starting to........:)