The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How long will you keep your Supra for?

hogmaw

How long do you plan to keep your current Supra?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. How long do you plan to keep your current Supra?

• Less than 1 year
    • Maybe 1 - 2 years
    • 2 - 5 years
    • Over 5 years
    • Undecided. Until I crash it/get bored/skint etc

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking of selling mine a cople of months ago, but decided to spend 2 grand on getting her sorted. Now i'm stuck with her until i pay off the loan.

Every time i look out the window, she brings smile to my face.

If i won the lottery, i'd spend shit loads on getting the best Supe available.

They are damn sexy cars and still look better than most newer super cars.

Guest blueangel

The rate im going mine will never hit that 100000 mark as ive had her a year and not driven it yet lol:(

But even if i did deciede i wanted something else id give her to the missus and then buy a tt lol:eyebrows:

Lol, me too......in fact I have spent so much on her I might even make her my box to finally rest in :D

What a waste, At least sell the engine and gearbox beforehand. :D

Well that's 2 years of ownership and I still can't think of another car I'd rather have unless someone tempted me with a Type R NSX at a stupidly low price. I've owned my 73 beetle for 10 years as a constant project and I feel the Sup is gonna be the same. Too many plans & projects, not enough time and money.:)

I fell in love with the Supra 10 odd years ago, real life took precedence and now it was time to make it all happen. Have second car so no worries about having the SUpra in for work on it.

Now just 21 days away from going to Jurgen and drooling over my very own. :D

My only worry is that the dream is better than the reality, when I read threads of issues, reliability issues though they seem to be with highly modded Supras more than stock ones.

However, right now, I cannot imagine changing to anything else.

Had mine for 30 hours and killed it. Not sure whether to buy another one or go for a skyline.

Now thats just silly!

I've always liked the Supra. I remember nearly being run over by a UK blue one at a car show in Redhill in 1993, and since then I've always wanted to have one!

I'll keep mine as long as I am able (depending on money/kids/job etc).

I should sell mine - once it's repaired, as I'm doing loads of miles at the moment, sometimes have to leave whatever car I am in on a street overnight and have skinted myself doing up my house (and it's still not finished). So totally wrong for me at the moment - but I'd probably try selling a kidney first. You can't put a price on the feeling of driving a Supra!

I remember the 1st time I saw a Supra back in 93, it was red with cream leather, I stopped in my tracks and gazed at it for 5 mins. Even though I was late for school, nothing else in the world really mattered at the moment. I was 13 at the time and it’s taken me 15 years to finally raise enough cash to finally realise the dream. Every time I take the car cover off the car and gaze at it again it makes me feel like I’m 13 all over again. The car is only used on weekends and not parked where I live so I don’t see it every day. But in the gated compound where it spends most of its days parked up next to a TVR, DB9, 6 Series BMW, couple of M3 and 911, boy oh boy does it take your breath away!!!! :D