The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Supes just been killed on way to Billing

Justin

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from Billing and saw this. :eek:

So sorry for you Justin, its all been said before, but at least you and the dog are OK (great dog by the way :))

Just take your time, prepare your claim, get independant valuations of other cars like yours and don't let the insurance company give you under what its worth.

:eek: just seen this too, gutted for ya mate. like everyone's said - at least you and the pooch are ok! the supra did well to stand up to the impact by the looks of things! hopefully the pissed off feeling will soon be replaced by the feeling of getting a new motor which might be better than the last, good luck with it :thumbs:

p.s. nice dog that, what breed is it? :D

Justin,

Reflecting on what others have said regarding getting a new Supra, just think what you know about Supra's since you bought your first one. You will be well armed. I reckon patience will pay off and you know us lot are only a post away.

Take it easy mate.

Regards

Chris

Same sentiments as the others lucky escape there and good to see you are OK.

Now the business side of it:- As this is in no way your fault and its all coming off someone elses insurance and not yours you are in a much stronger postition for dealing with the pay-out. There are companies out there (legal firms) that deal specifically with reclaiming non-fault awards. The one my mate used brought a similar level vehicle round to his house the next day, took his car away had it repaired and brought it back to him when it was done with no costs or hassle whatsoever to him. There was also the small case of a settlement nearly a year later for pyscological problems with driving when his Mr's (who was driving at the time) had a nasty episode and a bad panic attack at the same junction. Obviously if its a write off the fact that its a sodding rare car will complicate the process as far as getting a replacement but these people do a good job. I will see if I can dig out the details for ya.

Just telling an insurance company that you are going to use one of these services usually prompts more co-operation cos they end up paying out double when they get involved in it.

Well thanks all.

This is hitting me hard today but you buggers have really helped a lot. I'll buy you all a beer when I get a new Supe.

The dog (Fin) is a Lurcher Kopite geezer :)

Danger, do tell me more about this non-fault claim stuff if you can it sounds intresting.

Originally posted by Ashley Willis

Dude, thats a bit flash, were/how did you do that ????

NOTE: JUSTINS NEW LINE OF WORK:

Justin can now other a superb service for all your insurance claims, he can produce high resolution, life like, with a proffesional finish of any crash scenario to be submitted to your insurance co.

He's currently running a group buy on this service, but he needs at least 10 members for the first one. ;) :p :D

DISCLAMIER: Dont mean to make fun of your sad situation, just hope it brings a smile to your face. :innocent:

Im guessing not then, hope this wasnt in bad taste, but was still wondering what app you built that birds eye view in Justin ?????

Im guessing not then, hope this wasnt in bad taste, but was still wondering what app you built that birds eye view in Justin ?????

I think Justin will be cool with it Ash. I may be wrong but i think he does work like that for a living, Imaging etc...

Originally posted by ChrisR

I think Justin will be cool with it Ash. I may be wrong but i think he does work like that for a living, Imaging etc...

;) about me trying to be funny...... ;)

Damn it........about the diagram thing, must note Justin down in my little book for useful contacts......:(

Justin - i am very sorry to hear the bad news mate. i am glad that both yourself and the dog escaped without more serious injury. hearing things like this makes me wonder which corner kebab shop some people qualify for their licenses from. i sincerely hope that everything (health, wealth etc) work out for you in the best possible light. am also gutted that such a beautiful machine got wasted in such an unecessary manner (why is it all the wrong cars/people that have bad things happen to them ?). i wish you all the best with the claims procedure and i hope you manage to find something that will make you happy. be patient when looking for an aerotop, they very occasionally pop-up when you least expect it. good luck mate.

Aw shucks Justin man - sorry to hear about this and glad you and the dog got out ok,trust me I know exactly how you feel right now,it does get easier day by day so dont worry,chin-up and soon you will be in another supe:)

justin, gutted for ya! BUT, speaking as someone thats delt with insurance people before, i wouldnt worry too much,

they'll probly offer you not much, but get in touch with the person dealing with your claim and bombard them with autotrader/normal trade adds for simmilar aeros, they have to get you enough to buy a car as simmilar to the one thats fooked as possible.

Make sure you emphasize how rare TT targas are!!!

Also get yourself streight to the doctors, its sounds like post traumatic stress to me, and whiplash, i think theyre like standad now for all accidents, they are if the claims my insurance payed out are anything to go by.

A mate of mine had a CRX VTec, he had a head on with an S2000 which had lost it on a bend. Initially the insurance offered £1500 but he replied immediately with find me a comparable low mileage CRX in the same condition mine was in then instead, obviously they couldnt so they coughed up another £1250 straight away so he got £2750, just goes to prove you gotta haggle!!

Matt

Originally posted by Justin

Actually here he is :D

Awwww just seen the pic of ya doggy...I know its a bit Gei of me to say but hes well cute....poor little mite must of been traumatised.....looks happy and peaceful in the pic though, so as you say obviously getting over it.

Wonder what hes dreaming about he he....chewing a nice bone...or shaggin a Bitch .

;) :p

Incidently I wonder how many are more concerned about the dog you'll have to post a pic of you looking cute Justin coz the dogs getting more attention lol.

:D

Nah it was funny mate, I'm not one of those serious types like Chris says he knows what I'm like.

I'm surprised you like the image it's crap :)

I just rendered out 3 cars from 3D Studio Max in the top viewport then moved em about in photoshop.

Why have you got a crash you want me to simulate. :D