The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Supes just been killed on way to Billing

Justin

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no not the lost memory trick. THe bastard that killed a relative of mine pulled that one. Thing is they were telling the truth as the diriver and passenger were both asleep.:mad: :stupid:

I thought the police told Justin that the the guy had amitted it was his fault at the time.

He did admit fault to the police but now doesn't remember according to his insurance company's solicitor. However the nice policeman wrote down his admission and he would have been under caution at the time.

My insurance company has written to tell me they believe it was 100% not my fault and that they are waiving the excess and the no claims is unaffected for this non-fault claim. Quite reassuring to have it confirmed by the people that hold the piggy bank for the new Supe :)

Originally posted by Bobbeh

Thats not good enough, if you 'lapse' you shouldnt be on the road. It'll either be that or Driving without Due care and attention, but at those speeds it may be more likely its dangerous driving.

Hmm most likely it will be let drop. Unless justin really pushes the issue then i think that not alot will happen. There is no proof that the guy didnt nod off a bit. Theres no proof that the guy didnt just not see justin due to various lighting conditions etc. Dangerous driving is a hard case to proove.

Justin,

"Ski" posted this useful info the other month regarding what course of action to take next. I tihnk dangerous_brain has suggested something similar, but thought best paste it all the same. The orginal thread is here. Some of it is regarding getting the car repaired but gives advice on how to deal with it legally. Just wondering if you can get a solicitor to deal with your claim on your behalf to negotiate a better price for you:

"Simple answer....

Never ever deal with your own insurance company if it's not your fault... EVER, I wouldn’t even tell them, it effects your renewal even if you protect your no claims dude!

Get a private solicitor, close your claim with whichever asshole your insured with and get your solicitor to manage the costs. Do this immediately, regardless of what point you are along the process, and don’t EVER accept their authorised repair agents, if it’s not your fault, you choose the mechanic (may I suggest C.W he is the business, get your solicitor to arrange it all)

You also get YOUR OWN engineer (of course) to assess the costs, you get it fixed your way, not most economical repair…

Some asswhipe hit me up the ass the other day.. I went private, my insurance company were gutted when I told them to close the claim, only cos’ (ignore my paranoia) they all work together and agree repair costs at the cheapest shitest level. (sorry if I sound bitter, call it experience of being ripped of by the bastards)

Now I’m getting the full monty off the other guys policy…. Plus a nice little whiplash claim…. Oh ah my neck hurts, insurance is legalised extortion, don’t let the maggots do you man… See a private brief and get them to sort you out!!!!

My car will look better after the repair, not worse as is usually the case, go private and you have less worries.

SKI"

and

" Yeah, you may have to inform the parasites, that doesn't meen you have let them arrange the repairs for you (and would be stupid if you did, most Toyota garages don't understand Supes, afterall their mechanics may not have seen one for a good few years), that's when it comes in useful to know a good mechanic, body shop and solicitor to sort it all out for you, like I said, I told Tesco what had happened, and then organised all the repairs directly, they tried to talk me out of doing that, even to the point of getting a bit shirty, clearly it's not in the interests of their "most economical repair bullshit policy" if the customer does it that way!!!!!

Obviously you cant use this approach if it's your fault or the third party in uninsured. "

SKI

Originally posted by Justin

Just spoken to the assessor. It's written off and worth £8,000 to replace

Here starteth the printing of screenshots to fax to him. He said he was surprised it was worth £8,000!:cry:

Lucky Whifbitz put that £13K one up for sale today too. That's me benchmark.

Exactly what they offered me mate as I said - to$$ers - but I ended up with £12,250 as I said - I could have prob pushed for 13 but wanted the cash, so you should be able to sort what you want.............

• 2 weeks later...

CLOSURE :(

Well just got off the phone to the assessor. She's officially written off. Repairs are over £12,000 so a total loss.

They've given me £11,500 which is better than a poke in the eye. She'd done 96,000 miles.

So I'm off Supra shopping today :D

Wish me luck with getting a new decent insurance policy.

I'll be back soon boys and girls :flame Dev