The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sky Insurance Survey

mawby

Why doesnt sort Sky out all these things for us, thats what we pay for isnt it? I dont want to be calling 4 companys at my own expense. :taped:

Agree, a broker is at the end of the day a person who functions as an intermediary between two or more parties! So as you say, we shouldn't be ringing round the doors chasing things up.

As said before it seems to depend on who you speak to at sky but in all fairness Jae has posted up here that if we have any issues then we should contact him direct and he'll sort it out, sure that applies to quotes as well as claims.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh Ensign I believe insure all the supras as a part of the club memebrship. In fareness the guys at Sky seem fair but it is Ensign who are the insurers.

As stated previously, it is Ensign that are now stopping the agreed values for the cars unless you are a renewal. This was one of the main perks of th club insurance, if it does notr exist, what are they actually giving us as lower quotes have been found through other insurers.

I feel sorry for Sky as they are getting a bad deal from the members and it is not their fault but saying that, they earn the commission, may be they should be speaking to Ensign and telling thenm that the club insusrance scheme has vastily deteriated.

I shall be speaking to Sky today with regard to Ensign, part of Sky's job being a broker is to find you the best all round deal which includes the quality of insurance comp they put you with.

I shall mention members problems to them and ask why there still putting business with Ensign if there so bad !!

I shall be speaking to Sky today with regard to Ensign, part of Sky's job being a broker is to find you the best all round deal which includes the quality of insurance comp they put you with.

I shall mention members problems to them and ask why there still putting business with Ensign if there so bad !!

Speak to Jae, got to be him as he deals with the owners club.

Firstly I good to hear that on the whole people are still happy with Sky as a broker.

The main reason we continue to put club members with Ensign is, they still offer the best level of cover for modified cars. No other insurer on our panel offer like for like replacment cover for modified parts. I understand that not being able offer the agreed value endorsement to new customers is a problem, and it is one that we are trying to resolve at the moment. We are putting pressure on Ensign to give the facility back as well as putting proposals together for other insurers.

At the memonet the claims at Ensign are delt with by a company called claimtec. As a result of complaints and pressure from brokers (mostly us) Ensign will no longer be using claimtec and there claims will now be handled in house with effect from 01-july. This should see a vast improvement in the claims service at Ensign. We have also appointed Graham in our Enfield office calims manager, he monitors all of our claims and is available to anyone who is not happy with any aspect of their claim.

Anyone who uses this forum regularly will know that I am on here most days and can be contacted by PM or email with any complaints or questions regarding insurance, even if your current policy is not with Sky Insurance.

Jae

Firstly I good to hear that on the whole people are still happy with Sky as a broker.

The main reason we continue to put club members with Ensign is, they still offer the best level of cover for modified cars. No other insurer on our panel offer like for like replacment cover for modified parts. I understand that not being able offer the agreed value endorsement to new customers is a problem, and it is one that we are trying to resolve at the moment. We are putting pressure on Ensign to give the facility back as well as putting proposals together for other insurers.

At the memonet the claims at Ensign are delt with by a company called claimtec. As a result of complaints and pressure from brokers (mostly us) Ensign will no longer be using claimtec and there claims will now be handled in house with effect from 01-july. This should see a vast improvement in the claims service at Ensign. We have also appointed Graham in our Enfield office calims manager, he monitors all of our claims and is available to anyone who is not happy with any aspect of their claim.

Anyone who uses this forum regularly will know that I am on here most days and can be contacted by PM or email with any complaints or questions regarding insurance, even if your current policy is not with Sky Insurance.

Jae

Well you beat me to it Jae, i was just about to pick the phone up lol

I personnally cant fault your service so far but can you assure me that if the worst happens to my car and a claim is made Ensign will deal with it properly and proffesionally ? i got other quotes that were cheaper but chose you guys because of the level of service i got which i hope will be the same if ever the need to claim occurs.

Well you beat me to it Jae, i was just about to pick the phone up lol

I personnally cant fault your service so far but can you assure me that if the worst happens to my car and a claim is made Ensign will deal with it properly and proffesionally ? i got other quotes that were cheaper but chose you guys because of the level of service i got which i hope will be the same if ever the need to claim occurs.

In a word yes. I can't gaurantee that something won't happen that will delay or complicate a claim, like a third party disputing liabilty, but I can promise that we will do everything we can to make sure a claim is dealt with to your satisfaction.

Our relationship with this club is very important to us. More important than our relationship with any one insurance company. I know some people in the past have questioned Sky as the club insurer when we have been uncompetitive on quotes but I never promised to be the cheapest company for every single club member.

I promised Mawby that I would train my staff to understand modifications, supra's and supra owners and that Sky as a broker will do everything in it's power to fight our customers corner in the event of a claim.

Jae

In a word yes. I can't gaurantee that something won't happen that will delay or complicate a claim, like a third party disputing liabilty, but I can promise that we will do everything we can to make sure a claim is dealt with to your satisfaction.

Our relationship with this club is very important to us. More important than our relationship with any one insurance company. I know some people in the past have questioned Sky as the club insurer when we have been uncompetitive on quotes but I never promised to be the cheapest company for every single club member.

I promised Mawby that I would train my staff to understand modifications, supra's and supra owners and that Sky as a broker will do everything in it's power to fight our customers corner in the event of a claim.

Jae

That re assures me somewhat to know you'll do your best, obviously certain things are out of your control which i totally understand but im still a little concerned about Ensign wanting to send my car off to some cheap repair shop if the worst should happen and it require bodywork etc.

Do they have approved repair centers in the Midlands ? I'd be interested to know where it would be sent as ive seen lots of car repair shops round here that i wouldnt want my runaround going to let alone my Supra.

Thanks

Dunk

with all insurance claims you have the right to take your car to whichever garage you like. However not using one of the insurers approved repairs will slow a claim down as the car will have to be inspected before the work can be started. The only time an insurer will not let you use a garage of your own choice is if their estimate is much higher than that of other garages.

with all insurance claims you have the right to take your car to whichever garage you like. However not using one of the insurers approved repairs will slow a claim down as the car will have to be inspected before the work can be started. The only time an insurer will not let you use a garage of your own choice is if their estimate is much higher than that of other garages.

Cheers Jae, im feeling much better about the situation now, thanks for your input which i greatly appreciate.

Dunk

If only I knew that last time my car went into their approved garage... :taped:

Thanks for the info Jae

Well I'm happy with Sky.

Quoted me very happy for the Supe at £406 fully comp protected & agreed value at £8K. Nobody else could even come near it!

My other car is due for insurance renewal at the same time (yeah, great planning!) so after trying EVERY insurance company under the sun I gave them a bell & knocked £20 off the best quote.

Didn't ask if they could match the NCB on my second policy with the 6 years on the Supe...... Maybe I should have been cheeky? ;)

As stated previously, it is Ensign that are now stopping the agreed values for the cars unless you are a renewal. This was one of the main perks of th club insurance, if it does notr exist, what are they actually giving us as lower quotes have been found through other insurers.

Is that true with regards to the renewal fact?

Yes mate, that is true, you only get agreed vakues if you are a renewal, new policies dont get it. My policy lapsed by one day and Sky said Ensign would not give me an agreed policy.

Due to this fact, I decided to leave Sky and have gone with Adrian Flux, the quote thy gave me was better than my previous with Sky and it included a higher agreed value.

• 1 year later...

Grounghog Day:

Groundhog Day is an annual holiday celebrated on February 2[1] in the United States and Canada. According to folklore, if a groundhog emerging from its burrow on this day fails to see its shadow, it will leave the burrow, signifying that winter will soon end. If on the other hand, the groundhog sees its shadow, the groundhog will supposedly retreat into its burrow, and winter will continue for six more weeks.[2] The holiday, which began as a Pennsylvania German custom in southeastern and central Pennsylvania in the 18th and 19th centuries, has its origins in ancient European weather lore, wherein a badger or sacred bear is the prognosticator as opposed to a groundhog.[1] The holiday also bears some similarities to the medieval Catholic holiday of Candlemas[3] It also bears similarities to the Pagan festival of Imbolc, the seasonal turning point of the Celtic year, which is celebrated on February 1 and also involves weather prognostication.[4]

Modern customs of the holiday involve celebrations where early morning festivals are held to watch the groundhog emerging from its burrow. In southeastern Pennsylvania, Groundhog Lodges (Grundsow Lodges) celebrate the holiday with fersommlinge,[5] social events in which food is served, speeches are made, and one or more g'spiel (plays or skits) are performed for entertainment. The Pennsylvania German dialect is the only language spoken at the event, and those who speak English pay a penalty, usually in the form of a nickel, dime or quarter, per word spoken, put into a bowl in the center of the table.[6]

The largest Groundhog Day celebration is held in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, where crowds as high as 40,000[7] have gathered to celebrate the holiday since at least 1886.[8] Other celebrations of note in Pennsylvania take place in Quarryville in Lancaster County,[9] the Anthracite Region of Schuylkill County,[10] the Sinnamahoning Valley[11] and Bucks County.[12] Outside of Pennsylvania, notable celebrations occur in the Frederick and Hagerstown areas of Maryland,[13] the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia[14] and among the Amish populations of over twenty states and Canada.[14]

Groundhog Day received worldwide attention as a result of the 1993 film of the same name, Groundhog Day, which was set in Punxsutawney and featured Punxsutawney Phil.[15]