The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sky Insurance Survey

mawby

since crashing my car January 25th of this year i have headaches regarding a payout and only today received my cheque. I am in no way blaming Sky, however the company that accepted my insurance was Ensign who use a company called claimtec to sort out payment. These are some of the worst bunch of muppets i have ever had to deal with. If ever i insure with sky again...it would be to check the quotes and rule out ensign, otherwise I was happy with the cover (£200 more than Elephant but with the agreed price i wasnt hurting in the pocket:d ).

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just renewed.. won't again though..hassling me for the agreed value money. want me to send all documentation again??? they have all the same from last year?? wtf can't be doing all that again.. next year i'm off

This is going to be a pain for me this year, as they did not return any reciepts (just checked as insurance is up next month) and they did ask me to send the originals, so how the hell am I going to prove what I have on my car. Hopefully it is just additional items.

This is going to be a pain for me this year, as they did not return any reciepts (just checked as insurance is up next month) and they did ask me to send the originals, so how the hell am I going to prove what I have on my car. Hopefully it is just additional items.

lol,

i got all that, send mot copy etc. i still am a policy member, and only asked to up my agreed value,

only 6months have passed since being on the policy.

after i rang up, said my car will be done in a couple of weeks, i am asked to send paperwork before its done,

i cant because the agreed value requires pictures.

and after i had sent out all the docs, and phoned to make sure they had recieved them, i get a letter 3 days after saying we havent got your mods list

I know it's not quite the same, but I recently got a new quote on my modified SEAT Leon, and I've been very impressed with Sky once again - i might end up going with them this year.

Very competitive prices, decent service, and knowledgeable staff on the other end of the phone - unlike some insurers that don't even know what a "boost gauge" is..... :(

• 4 weeks later...

My observation on this is, is the agreed value worth it, when it comes to claiming, is it more of headache with Ensign and Claimtech. Although I cant fault Ensign for claim I made against my policy which I have now clearly just remember and did not put that on the survey, Doh, but they garage they used did screw up the re-spray badly...........

Well im very happy with Sky and have just recieved the policy documents which im trawling through to make sure theres no mistakes.

Also very impressed with the price as well but i guess getting old has some benefits :D

Well im very happy with Sky and have just recieved the policy documents which im trawling through to make sure theres no mistakes.

Also very impressed with the price as well but i guess getting old has some benefits :D

This is my point Dunk, Im happy as you are with Sky, but what about when you come to claim, how impressed will you be with Sky then, and Im sure like a lot of other stories on here it seems you might have a headache. Or if they do send your car off when its getting repaired through someone elses insurance and your car goes off to the gargage and like mine comes back with a completely different colour back end, Im sure you remember the photos from .co.uk.............

I know this is an oldish survey... but that's very nice of you to put that together for them Mawbs..

I work for an insurance company and we supply on-line solutions to lots of brands, Asda, American Express, Halifax, Argos etc.. a couple of years back RAC spent around £40k on a survey not as details as the one you've put together.

I hope Sky realise what a nice helpful thing you've done for them :)

They should really have put this together to keep the business.

I use to be witrh Sky, my policy lapsed for a couple of days as my Supra is not on the road at the moment and was transferred to another car which I then subsequently sold.

On phoning Sky they explained that I could not have an agreed galue as I was not a renewal and this was a new quote, they said they dont do agreed values for new customers now. My policy expired on the 17th and I contacted them on the 18th. I explained I was a member of the club but this made no difference, guy I spoke to seem very unhelpful.

I thought being the club insurer we would get special deals, it seems Ensigh who underwrite for Sky are changing the premiums and as a result Sky may as well be just another broker.

As a result of the bad service, I went to Adrian Flux, their quote beat the price I was paying for Sky previous and they offered a higher agreed value. Adrian Flux get my business from now on.

I use to be witrh Sky, my policy lapsed for a couple of days as my Supra is not on the road at the moment and was transferred to another car which I then subsequently sold.

On phoning Sky they explained that I could not have an agreed galue as I was not a renewal and this was a new quote, they said they dont do agreed values for new customers now. My policy expired on the 17th and I contacted them on the 18th. I explained I was a member of the club but this made no difference, guy I spoke to seem very unhelpful.

I thought being the club insurer we would get special deals, it seems Ensigh who underwrite for Sky are changing the premiums and as a result Sky may as well be just another broker.

As a result of the bad service, I went to Adrian Flux, their quote beat the price I was paying for Sky previous and they offered a higher agreed value. Adrian Flux get my business from now on.

Andrian Flux do agreed values, I was only staying with Sky as they do that........my premium went up by nearly £300 this year after no claim from against my policy.

Plus Im looking to move now after Sky didnt get the monthly direct debits on time for a couple of months, it was always ok on the 2nd attempt so it cleared within the month but due to this they woulnt let me pay over installments when I renewed so I had to cough up £1300 over 4 months, it hurt.......and it was around Christmas time.....

Beware of Flux matey, I had 2 bad experiences with them. First time round I had a minor junction shunt and made a claim which they settled no probs. They then tried to rip the arse out of me on renewal (more than the average) and I ended up going elsewhere. Second time round after being encouraged back with a tastey price was even worse. I also have a show car (not the Supe) which I was sold an agreed value special show car policy for. Some imigrant retard spanked into a car on the pavement 4 houses down sending it in to mine and then a car opposite ! This was April 4th 2006 - I am still waiting for them to sort my claim out after the other cars were all done within a fortnight. Turns out my super policy ain't worth the paper it's written on and I'm losing left right and centre. The agreed value was held at 7.5k from 13k because I forgot one of the photos. They said it would be re-instated after recieving it but once they did they wrote back and said thanks for the photo and extra money but your value is now only 4.5k !!!!!

Since the twat hit my stationary unattended car Ive had it impounded due to tax etc expiring due to them still not getting round to pick it up for repair and have since been told the one off stuff can't be replaced coz they basically don't want to, even though they are to charge the other lady's company. I've gotta settle for a car full of filler and hope that it never comes to any harm and has to be fixed out of my pocket.

Tbh I understand why some drivers don't bother with insurance, I've thought bout it myself as they're a bunch of money grabbing filthy lying tossers who pull figures out of the air at will !!!!!

Rant over !!!!

cheers Mate for the info, I agree, none of them want to pay out. I think we need to get another club insurer as Sky are not working out either. With 2000 members we must have some buying poewer on getting a good deal for all our members.

This was how it was when Sky got the deal a while back, it now seems that the underwriter are moving the goal posts and Sky cant do anything about it.

This is my point Dunk, Im happy as you are with Sky, but what about when you come to claim, how impressed will you be with Sky then, and Im sure like a lot of other stories on here it seems you might have a headache. Or if they do send your car off when its getting repaired through someone elses insurance and your car goes off to the gargage and like mine comes back with a completely different colour back end, Im sure you remember the photos from .co.uk.............

Well i hope i dont have to make a claim and if the day comes and any repair is done it had better be a good job or i'll be having words with Sky and the insurance company, the trouble is too many repair centers just arent any good, my dads just had his Merc done at a supposed top repair center and to be honest its not the best job ive seen !!

Scott at Sky dealt with my car and he definetly was the best ive spoke to regarding the car and cover requiered, they weren't the cheapest by a long way with there 1st quote ! when i told him another club insurance company was £160 cheaper they got within £10 of it so i went with Sky as they just appeared to be more on the ball.

Who knows until the dredded day a claim is made as to whether youve got a good deal or not.

Did you complain about your car Ash ? what was the outcome ?

Well i hope i dont have to make a claim and if the day comes and any repair is done it had better be a good job or i'll be having words with Sky and the insurance company, the trouble is too many repair centers just arent any good, my dads just had his Merc done at a supposed top repair center and to be honest its not the best job ive seen !!

Scott at Sky dealt with my car and he definetly was the best ive spoke to regarding the car and cover requiered, they weren't the cheapest by a long way with there 1st quote ! when i told him another club insurance company was £160 cheaper they got within £10 of it so i went with Sky as they just appeared to be more on the ball.

Who knows until the dredded day a claim is made as to whether youve got a good deal or not.

Did you complain about your car Ash ? what was the outcome ?

Of course I complained mate, and they arranged to have it sent back to the garage to get it sorted, but all this was being claimed off someone elses insuance, although it does make me wonder how quick they would have been to resolve/sort if it was coming out of their own pocket....

Hi,

I am pleased to see a thread questioning Sky Insurance and the club deal. Sky insurance to be honest are not a bad broker for helpfulness, However and im keeping this short due to the last 12 months of issues yes 12 Months of issues ive had. Ensign as an insurance company take forever (my car was 6 months off the road) and Claimtech should be closed down. IT IS THE Claimtech company used by Ensign that cause my car to fixed by a reccomended (dodgy garage and had pattern parts (flimsey front bumper that did not fit and had no impact protection) fitted to the car. I had to complain and get Toyota to write a letter to confirm the parts were not genuine. The after around 4 months I had the car looked at when Ensign took the job off of Claimtech (the Ensign engineer admitted Claimtech were poor and they were looking to get rid). my car was finally back after 6 months and many complaints. I then after three weeks of having the car back had an old lady scrape the rear quater and then found out I was un-insured with Ensign as my insurance had expired while my car was with Ensign and I had one of three hire cars (yes three over 6 months). I then found although Sky had my details initialy they had sent my reminder to a different address which is why I had never thought to renew while Ensign had my car. I have now had to go through the Ombudsman and am tryin to get out of a situation where the other party is now blaming me. I renewed with Sky in desperation to try to get myself back insured asap due to this issue which I had no idea of at the time of accident. Once my insurance expires this time I WILL NEVER GO BACK WITH SKY!!!! and would advise others to be careful. If you do go with Sky make sure your not with Ensign!.. I could go into far more detail but am tired of the whole lot of em. Be warned.:Pling:

Sorry to here of your problems and now im more than a bit concerned as ive just insured my Supra with them and my BMW,

SKY have a done a good job so far for me but worryingly the supra is with Ensign !!

I feel your pain Emu!

I had to go through ensign, claimtec and the 'approved garage' when my car got vandalised 1.5 year ago. I hope I never have to go through that again. It was a nightmare, got my car back in a worse state than when it went in!

Why doesnt sort Sky out all these things for us, thats what we pay for isnt it? I dont want to be calling 4 companys at my own expense. :taped: