The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Replacement Clear Headlight Lens (Merged)

suprattgaz

I would say they are, how do AbFlug get away with it on their lenses, which may I add cost £300 for the same lenses and black inserts, which I will also add I might not be so hastily buying now...........

.....so YES, im interested..... :D

Dont think they are legal either mate :)

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as you can see the mould is done. Suppose if i phone up on Tuesday and give a figure they can do them that week. Trimming and finishing is important on these (as is all engineering) so don't want them to rush that. I guess out the door in 2 weeks.

As for price, every set counts. It's

= material + labour + (set-up time/no. of lenses)

£70 is based on 10, £60 on 20.......... (20 = 10 pairs) Guess if it gets to 50 off (25 pairs) will be down the low end of £55 - £50 [not linear, material is expensive]

Depending on cost I MAY be interested in two sets. I'd be more interested if the way to fix them to the light units was a bit more "proper" if that makes sense...

Fully agree. This is just a hobby on the side for me, I am not a garage so will do as much as I can around normal work, house work etc. Trimming the old lens seems to work ok, gzaerojon has done some abflug in the same way. I could do the lip BUT will be more expense again (mould material etc). It is a gamble, if no-one was interested then I would pay more than just buying the original.

Plus I was hoping to incorperate the fitment into the insert I will design (not definate yet)

Well as you can see the mould is done. Suppose if i phone up on Tuesday and give a figure they can do them that week. Trimming and finishing is important on these (as is all engineering) so don't want them to rush that. I guess out the door in 2 weeks.

As for price, every set counts. It's

= material + labour + (set-up time/no. of lenses)

£70 is based on 10, £60 on 20.......... (20 = 10 pairs) Guess if it gets to 50 off (25 pairs) will be down the low end of £55 - £50 [not linear, material is expensive]

OK, so we need 25+ names

1) b'have (2 sets if £50)

I will leave the post running then till Tuesday morning, whatever the figures look like I will order that figure in the morning.:thumbs:

Oh, and I suppose:

1) b'have (2 sets if £50)

2) Mas (1 set )

3) 8800

4) Suprattgaz (dunno how many sets yet, 1 for me +......?)

Guest Phillw454

Intrested. how will these be fitted? very dumb i know but will you have to put the headlight in the oven to remove the top lense and then fit the new one? Sorry seems obvioious i know!:)

Intrested. how will these be fitted? very dumb i know but will you have to put the headlight in the oven to remove the top lense and then fit the new one? Sorry seems obvioious i know!:)

Yep, or hot glue gun. Lens is held in with a glue that softens at low temperature.