The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another one bites the dust- this time mine!

Max Headroom

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nightmare! Really sorry to hear this.

This is one reason I wanted to avoid the meet today. 200 miles of twisties, a bunch of petrol heads and the weather as it's been was a recipe for disaster.

Not being funny Pete, but as the organiser of said meet I'm quite offended by your above remark. This happened on the way TO the event, before 'Max Headroom' even got to the meet. Also, in Max's own words; there was nothing he could have done to avoid the accident.

If you want to avoid meets, that's your decision, but don't blame me for accidents that are nothing to do with me. :search:

As I said in my info pack for the meet - and as you will have read - my view on public roads is;

Joking aside, I take no responsibility for anyone’s driving/riding but my own. I will be taking a ‘7 tenths’ attitude to the day; I would never drive to my limits on the public roads. It is my intention to organise a good, ‘spirited drive’ day out for everyone, not a race. I may press on a bit at times, however don’t feel pressured into driving any faster than you want to...

So would you care to take that back, or at least explain what you meant? :|

Max - as I said on the day when we came up to nmeet you at the scene - gutted :( Hope you get it sorted.

But he wasn't even at the meet - that's my point. :(

The "200 miles of twisties, a bunch of petrol heads and the weather as it's been" were completely incident free. (That's doomed the next run! :eek: ;) )

I've probably taken it a bit personally as organiser. I know Pete and know he wouldn't have meant that. Ignore me. :)

Not being funny Pete, but as the organiser of said meet I'm quite offended by your above remark.

If you want to avoid meets, that's your decision, but don't blame me for accidents that are nothing to do with me. :search:

Blimey, I didn't see that coming!

Sorry - absolutely nothing intended against your sterling job of organising this event. It of course has nothing at all to do with the event itself or the organisation. I hope you'd know by now that I hold your friendship in high regard, much more than you obviously think!

I think you've taken too much on board yourself personally with regard to this as you organised it. Surely no one would think *any* accident is the result of any MkIV club meet organisers negligence? If you crash, it's your own fault or the person that hits you.

I just know if I'd gone I'd have been tempted to have a blast or maybe having to keep up with others beyond my own comfortable speed range (as happened the last Midlands meet / Gumball / JAE etc.) so as not to be trailing behind, and knowing my luck ended up in a ditch. The conditions weren't ideal for such bravado.

As it turned out there were far less people than I thought turned out and it was probably a nice leisurely drive which I'm sorry I now missed.

Sincere apologies for any distress caused. :(

But he wasn't even at the meet - that's my point. :(

The "200 miles of twisties, a bunch of petrol heads and the weather as it's been" were completely incident free. (That's doomed the next run! :eek: ;) )

I've probably taken it a bit personally as organiser. I know Pete and know he wouldn't have meant that. Ignore me. :)

Sorry - absolutely nothing intended against your sterling job of organising this event. It of course has nothing at all to do with the event itself or the organisation. I hope you'd know by now that I hold your friendship in high regard, much more than you obviously think!

I think you've taken too much on board yourself personally with regard to this as you organised it. Surely no one would think *any* accident is the result of any MkIV club meet organisers negligence? If you crash, it's your own fault or the person that hits you.

I just know if I'd gone I'd have been tempted to have a blast or maybe having to keep up with others beyond my own comfortable speed range (as happened the last Midlands meet / Gumball / JAE etc.) so as not to be trailing behind, and knowing my luck ended up in a ditch. The conditions weren't ideal for such bravado.

As it turned out there were far less people than I thought turned out and it was probably a nice leisurely drive which I'm sorry I now missed.

2 Good posts!!

:kiss: :grouphug: :friends: :hug:

H.

No worries Pete, I was a little (lot!) confused by what I thought you were saying Vs what I now know you were meaning and I think I just took things little too personally (probably compunded by the fact it was the first meet I'd organised and tried to cater for every so that everyone would enjoy it, blah blah) - anyway, for that **I** apologise! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the kind words, and I really do hope you do come out to play next time, mate. :ok:

Feel the love people. :grouphug:

• 3 weeks later...