The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another one bites the dust- this time mine!

Max Headroom

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad luck Dave :(

What was the Porsche owner like towards you? I bet he wasn't happy. (I'm assuming it was your fault, right?)

Are you insured with Sky? Do you have agreed valuation?

Hope you get it sorted out alright mate. What a nightmare

The porker owner was a bit subdued about it, his mate was a copper and being a right n*bber. Saw a performance car and thought I was driving like an idiot. Nothing I could have done to miss it.

Spoke to Jody T I am looking at the worst and thinking write off

I've wondered about that. I presume your NCB is only protected by your current insurer, so you're stuck with them and whatever they quote you the following year.

Yeah, thats what I was thinking, you'd have to declare it with another insurance company for the next five years !.

The porker owner was a bit subdued about it, his mate was a copper and being a right n*bber. Saw a performance car and thought I was driving like an idiot. Nothing I could have done to miss it.

I'm not really clear on what happened. Was it that a car pulled out from a side road in front of the Porsche and that he stopped quicker than you?

What was the copper saying? Did he realize you were with Belly? You don't want him saying you were racing or owt like that.

Yeah, thats what I was thinking, you'd have to declare it with another insurance company for the next five years !.

It says on the insurance policy

" No claim bonus will remain protected at the maximum level, during any 5 year period from the date the protection commences, unless the following occurs

a) there are 2 claims, NCB will remain at maximum, protection against further claims during the period will be lost

b) there are 3 claims, protection will be lost and NCB reduced by 2 years on the scale of NCB

Nightmare! Really sorry to hear this.

This is one reason I wanted to avoid the meet today. 200 miles of twisties, a bunch of petrol heads and the weather as it's been was a recipe for disaster.

Not being able to get in drive is a worry as this indicates g/box shunt possibly?

Just seen some more picks.... I dont think fixing her will be a problem TBH... Worst problem will matching the paint...

Its funny how damage can be made to sound so much worse than it is... max i think the Insureance will still write her off, but you could fix her yourself.. I doubt chassis damage has happened... :)

Guest GirlRacer!

So sorry to hear this mate, you must be gutted :( But at least you're OK and not hurt. I really hope she's repairable and you're back in her in time for the summer. Fingers crossed for you... Take care mate!