Dragonlady

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now I'm completely confused.

Does this mean we maybe running hybrids?

How can the first graph look feasible?

I confess I know nothing about this myself. But my understanding from the comments in the other thread were :

1) Stock turbos can't give you 470bhp, so to obtain that you would need hybrids (or your stock turbos wouldn't last long).

2) Even with hybrids - you cannot get more than 420bhp with stock injectors.

If I understand correctly - regardless of whether you have hybrids or not, it is not possible to get 470bhp with those injectors - hence the numbers cannot be right.

I'm sure somebody will correct these comments if they are wrong.

Now I'm completely confused.

Does this mean we maybe running hybrids?

How can the first graph look feasible?

Hybrids are still a possibilty, but as mentioned in the other thread that will make negible difference to the peak power. The injectors are the limiting factor here.

Looking at the figures on the graph, the torque is simply too high. This would indicate too high a correction factor when calculating the flywheel figure. Its very common and used by many (reputable) tuners to keep customers happy (mkivstore for exmaple used a 33% correction factor on the auto's!)

What would be good to see is the wheel figure, thats the only one worth looking at. Anything else is guesswork.

EDIT - DaveK - Spot on ;)

Wife has just set off to London, (WATCH OUT FOR OCTAVIAS), so I don't know how to scan and post graph.

I have the wheel figures graph in front of me.

RWHP was 375.5 max, shows boost pressure at 1-1.1bar between approx 4600 and 5600.

AFR dipped to 9.9 around 5300rpm.

What I don't understand is that on the RR day in Sept everyone was getting figures that they expected. We olny expected to be getting close to 400hp thinking that we were only BPU. But were supprised at getting 447 on the day. And that was running rich.

Is there anything else that could hike up the power on std injectors?

about time you changed your signature dude :D

BTW: check out my post

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=1260605&postcount=20

the link ANOTHER GUIDE HERE - tells you exactly where each bits are..... ;)

Errm, I did look at that and still wasn't sure! :D Like I said I'm a muppet with mechanics! :D

Oh, sig changed. I was holding fire until the injector thing was confirmed - I may as well leave the figures though cus I like em! :D ;)

To be fair to Weston, on the day I went of the 20 or so cars that went on everyone got figures they ecpected. If anything a few of the Scooby owners were disappointed with their results. And they didn't try and sell anything to anyone on the back of their dyno's.