The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My car got broken into, and now it needs parts. Advice?

Guest Skidracer

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn it, what a mess. :( Very sorry to see this mate hope you can get it sorted with the minimum of trouble.

The huge amount of damage is probably because the cage of the stereo sits behind the dash on the supra, so if you want it in a hurry you'll have to smash it up... exactly the same happened to mine. :(

Guest Phillw454

sorry bud cant help with the parts atal, maybe ebay as theres a few supra's being broke on there?

looks a nightmare! duno what id do if i saw my car like that!

hope the lil twat gets what is comming to um!

Guest Skidracer

Thanks for all the support guys! It really helps :)

The forensics people have allready been here. They where actually quite fast. The regular police however who wanted to have a word with me, are still eating donuts...

I'm having the damage to the alarm and wiring checked out in a couple of hours by the people who instaled it, so I'll know more about the technical damages by then. I just hope all the controllers for the AC etc are still alright.

might be obvious but swob the blood or get the police to, then they can check their DNA database

The forensics people have allready been here. [/Quote]

So I think he has that bit sorted ;) Although if this truly is a complete lowlife bum that does this sort of thing a lot - not sure how long the police will keep hold of them even if they do catch the maggoty puke - I mean the Prisons are apparently overflowing so they will just give him a roof for the night :(

So I think he has that bit sorted ;) Although if this truly is a complete lowlife bum that does this sort of thing a lot - not sure how long the police will keep hold of them even if they do catch the maggoty puke - I mean the Prisons are apparently overflowing so they will just give him a roof for the night :(

I understand where your coming from, but its better to do something rather than let them get away with it, if they all thought that the victims of crime won't be bothered because there is little reprisals from their actions, there is no detterent at all. You can ask the police for his details when they find him so your can make a civil claim for damages, that way, you know who he is, and where he lives. ;)

I understand where your coming from, but its better to do something rather than let them get away with it, if they all thought that the victims of crime won't be bothered because there is little reprisals from their actions, there is no detterent at all. You can ask the police for his details when they find him so your can make a civil claim for damages, that way, you know who he is, and where he lives. ;)

They need to bring back public birchings or stocks for people like this ;) Get the guy stuck in stocks, then hold a Supra meet at that location - making sure the attendees have all seen the photos!!

Guest Skidracer

Well.. It's been an eventful day. I had the people from saxtons up here to have a look at the wiring, and why the alarm was acting funny. Turns out that the wires hanging out of the dash has got nothing to do with the alarm, so I just have to fint a loom from an other car and plug it in. That's one problem sorted.

Next, the reason the alarm was being funny, is that the engine needs to start before it resets itself. Of course, the starter turns, but the car doesn't start, but that could just be because the battery's low.

The part of the wiringloom that's been snapped off is the one that goes to the aircon controllers, stereo, and up behind the instruments. Can anyone tell me what else is afected by that spesific part of the loom? Also, do I have to get the new wires from a car with similar equipment to mine,(not much) or is this a standard loom for all the cars (not much)

When it comes to the dashboard, quite a lot of parts are damaged. The skin is broken, and so is the big part of the face, that sits around the cdplayer. They also managed to damage the frame that the instrumetpanels are bolted to. I suspect most the inner struckture is damaged as vell, since broken mountingpoints are to be found all over the car. The piece around the ashtray and gearlever is cracked , but still in one piece. So just to be on the safe side, I'm looking for a complete dashboard. That's the dash itself, upper glovebox, all the faces, and the inner structure. And it has to be absolutely mint..

An other thing that was bothering me when I parked the car is that right before it was broken into, that the engine suddently started to sound a bit "uneven", and that it smells of antifreeze when you stand directly behind it... Also it wasn't any faster than a bmw e36 320 i 2nd and 3rd gear.... But there's no smoke, and no grey goo on the caps. Oil also seems fine. But there's a whistling sound, almost like it gets a little bit of extra air somewhere it shouldn't.

@Jezzybabes: you will have a pricerequest from me as soon as I have a complete parts list. I might as well replace some other parts on the car that I'm not completely happy with.

@Jezzybabes: you will have a pricerequest from me as soon as I have a complete parts list. I might as well replace some other parts on the car that I'm not completely happy with.

No worries mate. I have a complete unchopped dash loom already removed, and a few nice full dash tops/frames. Just let me know dude. ;)

Sorry to see that mate, I had mine broken into in a similar way last year, it really is sickening to see your P&J violated by some scrote :complain:

If there are any parts you can't get second hand from Jezzy and you need a source for brand new parts give me a shout and I'll sort you out a good deal.