The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aberdeen meet?

kslb

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi where and when is the meet?

i can do photos for people, i hav a camera with a tripod and all that malarkie, i stay in aberdeen and love supra's but dont have one yet.

thanks

Jonny (newbie)

See first post Jonny

ABERDEEN MEET 16 JUNE 07 @ NEWMACHAR HOTEL 1200hrs (ISH)

1. kslb

2. supra dan

3. G10ECK

4. tDR

5. AlanM

6. GrantBoy

7. RIJ8631

8. Supradoopa

9. fatbob

10. fordyce

11. craig l

12. Jakewebster

13. Mike M

14. GOGS

15. SupraPL

16. Renegade

17. kaapstad/dodste

18. Supraman

19. Eve

20.Pag

21.wallace9

22.Naybad

Getting close!!!! any more takers?

KSLB ,any thoughts as to the route for the cruise ,also isn't their a track of some sort in Alford or an old runway near Crimond for some fun.(:innocent: Newmacher-Olmeldrum-Fraserburgh-Crimond-Peterhead-Newburgh-Aberdeen)just a thought.

Sounds like a good route I like the newburgh road.

Looks like i'm going to have to miss this one, my excuse i'm still in the Falklands and don't get back till the twenty?? of June. I'm well peeved :( I was really looking forward to meeting up with you guys. Oh well bring on the next one :rolleyes: :)

Pete

Hope you can make the next one!

I have investigated the crimond idea and although we cannot get permission to get on the airstrip (cattle are apparently using it for drag racing and it has a 10mph limit)I have managed to get us on an oval track owned by the same people. I am going up to have a look this evening so I will get some pics and post them on here I have no idea if it is suitable how good the surface is etc but I will find out tonight and let you all know. Apparently it is used for racing so should be ok.

This was the suggested route and it looks good to me and includes the crimond option. I tried to google earth the track but no resolution. Will still go and look tonight.

Edit: ok i can't upload the route plan but trust me it looks good 86 mile round trip with a stop at crimond oval and estimated time to complete without the stop was 1hr 50 min.

Or this one if it's the Crimond one?

It's the second track which should be good as it looks a bit wider for when I spin out.lol

The guy just phoned again and gave me contact details for when we are on route there and said if we could make a "donation" it would be appreciated as they won't charge a set rate.

So we can just chip in on the day if everyone is happy with that?

Keith you are a genius! This is gonna be a great day.

I can't wait to get her on a track and find out where the limits are. Eventually had the guts to get the revs up for the second turbo on nice dry roads this morning. I have a constant smile on my face. Been driving like a wuss trying to get used to the power though.

Hope it's not wet!

Thanks for sorting all this!

KSLB ,any thoughts as to the route for the cruise ,also isn't their a track of some sort in Alford or an old runway near Crimond for some fun.(:innocent: Newmacher-Olmeldrum-Fraserburgh-Crimond-Peterhead-Newburgh-Aberdeen)just a thought.

Eve as you can see the idea wasn't mine I just made the call took a while to find out who to phone but being a small place the local post office gave me the contact details. Turns out the runway and oval track is owned by a local farm and they were very keen to help us out.

kaapstad82 the thanks are for you, sound idea and is looking like it will be a great day.

I should now be collecting my car on the 11th of June I can't wait...........

Keith.

oh yea!!!!!

let the fun begin ;)

tdr, HAVE YOU THOUGHT WHAT TIME YOU ARE GONNA LEAVE FOR THIS AS IM NOT MISSING THE DRIVE THERE

the story of the last one is still being told at nites oot and bbq's lol

anyway big thanks to all who set this up

im not missin it for the earth:innocent:

alex:cool:

It's the second track which should be good as it looks a bit wider for when I spin out.lol

The guy just phoned again and gave me contact details for when we are on route there and said if we could make a "donation" it would be appreciated as they won't charge a set rate.

So we can just chip in on the day if everyone is happy with that?

I'm more than happy mate. Can't wait to see you all guys. :)

tdr, HAVE YOU THOUGHT WHAT TIME YOU ARE GONNA LEAVE FOR THIS AS IM NOT MISSING THE DRIVE THERE

the story of the last one is still being told at nites oot and bbq's lol

Hi Eck,

I'm still hoping I can make this but as of now my car is still lying at my parents place with a broken BL autobox and me still waiting on a new one coming from the states under warranty :(

If I can make it I'd be setting off from Bathgate around 9AM to make it there on time.

Cheers,

Brian.