The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aberdeen meet?

kslb

Hi Eck,

I'm still hoping I can make this but as of now my car is still lying at my parents place with a broken BL autobox and me still waiting on a new one coming from the states under warranty :(

If I can make it I'd be setting off from Bathgate around 9AM to make it there on time.

Cheers,

Brian.

hey brian

mate if you really want to go and you cant get the car done in time give me a p.m and ill come pick you up and you can tag along with me!!

BL gearbox eh!!

sounds fancy lol;)

alex

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Eck,

I'm still hoping I can make this

Cheers,

Brian.

If your motor aint ready you should take G10ECK up on his offer it should be a good day and I am sure once you get here there would be plenty other seats spare for the drive out and track side of things for a bit of variation.

I should be picking up my motor from Envy on Monday so was thinking I might head up and try out the Crimond track one evening next week just a bit of a tester for the 16th. Can't wait!

Enjoy mate. Don't know how you are containing yourself at the moment!

Let us know what you think of the track...although not sure I have the confidence to get mine on a track yet. Would appreciate it if someone else could give her a run just so I know she is running correctly and the turbos are spinning up properly. I not sure number 2 always does. Definitely went from 3000 - 4500 rpm on the way home in fourth and there wasn't the usual boost but I gave it another go and it definitely came in the second time. Have i got anything to worry about?

Let us know what you think of the track...although not sure I have the confidence to get mine on a track yet. Would appreciate it if someone else could give her a run just so I know she is running correctly and the turbos are spinning up properly. I not sure number 2 always does. Definitely went from 3000 - 4500 rpm on the way home in fourth and there wasn't the usual boost but I gave it another go and it definitely came in the second time. Have i got anything to worry about?

I hope all is ok, I wouldn't have thought No.2 coming on or not could be an intermitant problem but I am certainly not the person to ask, I would post in the Tech section and get some educated diagnosis. Good luck!

Does this describe the symptoms:

1. Gradual increase in acceleration - 2nd turbo doesn't (always) kick in

2. Rapid or hard acceleration - 2nd turbo always kicks in

Does this describe the symptoms:

1. Gradual increase in acceleration - 2nd turbo doesn't (always) kick in

2. Rapid or hard acceleration - 2nd turbo always kicks in

Yep perfectly! Why is that?

I hope someone can also give me a few tips (at crimond track)on driving ,still not 100% on rear wheel drive after i spun mine about 4 months ago and smashed my alloys .always felt in controle in the old celica ,still a bit worried when exiting from rounabout in the supra ,not long to go now ,will have to give her some tlc to put the twinkle in her eye .:)

:( I will still be at the meet but:

I have just got the dates for an operation I have been waiting for for a while and it is on the 12th June. I will get out the following day but not able to drive for a week which is going to delay me getting the car back and mean I won't have it here for the meet. I will get there even if I have to drive my truck but was wondering if for the drive out someone would be able to make room for a cripple?:rolleyes:

I don't want to put anyone out and if it's not possible I don't mind I can print up some route cards for the drive and pass on contact info for the track. I will be at the BBQ anyway.

I am gutted I won't be able to stretch the legs of my baby on Saturday 16th but I have spoken to Gaz at Envy and might pick it up the following Sat and follow him to Santa Pod for a bit of a drive.

Sorry for those of you who wanted to see what the work on my car was like but trust me you will get another chance.:sly:

I am still really looking forward to it and will see you all there.:D

Shame mate, especially after all the work you have put in to it. My eldest is coming with me now so can't offer you a ride, sorry for that as well.

Hope it is not a big op, imagine not as you are out next day. If it is any consolation I was driving 2 hours after the snip ,, lol :blush:

Shame mate, especially after all the work you have put in to it. My eldest is coming with me now so can't offer you a ride, sorry for that as well.

Hope it is not a big op, imagine not as you are out next day. If it is any consolation I was driving 2 hours after the snip ,, lol :blush:

I aint getting no snip!!! I hopefully will be driving after the op but probably not quick enough to get the motor picked up I should be alright to drive the Surf as thats auto so shouldn't be too bad.

I am having a hernia operation so probably be a bit uncomfortable for a few days, if it is possible to get the car then I will try and get down but doubtfull.

Kslb ,you can get a lift with me & the wife ,will ASK her to sit in the rear ,i live in Aberdeen ,could pick you up & drop you off if you want ,PM me if you want ,cheers keith.

Sounds good I am only a couple of miles from the hotel so I will defo get there, I don't want to religate the wife to the rear but we can sort something on the day. Thanks alot.

i've got a space so no one has to get relegated!

Hope you're alright after the op! My dad was up and about a couple of days after a double hernia op. Certainly wouldn't recommend driving the supe though, especially as you have been deprived for a while!

I could do with someone coming with me anyway just to make sure the noises she makes are the ones she's supposed to etc... You welcome to have a shot on the track as well; I really want to know her limits and what it feels like when the back steps out but would rather do this in a controlled environment!

Really looking forward to it!

i've got a space so no one has to get relegated!

Hope you're alright after the op! My dad was up and about a couple of days after a double hernia op. Certainly wouldn't recommend driving the supe though, especially as you have been deprived for a while!

I could do with someone coming with me anyway just to make sure the noises she makes are the ones she's supposed to etc... You welcome to have a shot on the track as well; I really want to know her limits and what it feels like when the back steps out but would rather do this in a controlled environment!

Really looking forward to it!

Thanks Eve a very generous offer to let me drive her, If I am up to it I would certainly love to and thanks for the offer of a lift as well. I suppose if I am up to it I will then owe you a shot of mine when it comes back from Envy.

Oh and thanks for the father comment makes me feel a whole lot better or older.......yes deffinately older...lol.

Don't let the hernia fool you I am a youngster honest!

LOL, and if they are operating in that area anyway Keith .............

Not a hope my swimmers have only ever had practice runs would hate to take away their chance of a shot at the real thing! lol

I don't know if any of you have followed the dispute thread between me and PHR with regard to a few issues? However the dispute was never financially driven it was driven by principle and the belief that we should not expect problems and accept delays just because we choose to modify our vehicles. Therefore the $250 I have been sent by Joe at PHR for a shipping issue and other delays will be used in the following manner for the Aberdeen meet:

Best looking Supe: $100 (Judged at the Newmachar Hotel)

Best looking Engine Bay: $100 (Judged at the Newmachar Hotel)

Most amusing on the track: $50 (you can guess)

I of course will not be entering as I probably won't have the Supe with me and it would kind of defeat the purpose.

I am open to ideas about who should judge, If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

It's just a bit of fun!

I don't know if any of you have followed the dispute thread between me and PHR with regard to a few issues? However the dispute was never financially driven it was driven by principle and the belief that we should not expect problems and accept delays just because we choose to modify our vehicles. Therefore the $250 I have been sent by Joe at PHR for a shipping issue and other delays will be used in the following manner for the Aberdeen meet:

Best looking Supe: $100 (Judged at the Newmachar Hotel)

Best looking Engine Bay: $100 (Judged at the Newmachar Hotel)

Most amusing on the track: $50 (you can guess)

I of course will not be entering as I probably won't have the Supe with me and it would kind of defeat the purpose.

I am open to ideas about who should judge, If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

It's just a bit of fun!

thats a very kind gesture sir!:)

im really lookin forward to this ive not had the supra out since moving into the new house 3 weeks ago and im trying to resist till the meet.

oooohhhhhh goody;) lol

thats a very kind gesture sir!:)

im really lookin forward to this ive not had the supra out since moving into the new house 3 weeks ago and im trying to resist till the meet.

oooohhhhhh goody;) lol

Just had a look in your garage lovely looking car and the best colour but please tell me that fog light is sorted and suitably destroyed/burnt/jumped on please!!!!

Just had a look in your garage lovely looking car and the best colour but please tell me that fog light is sorted and suitably destroyed/burnt/jumped on please!!!!

no not yet!

it will be though

im after a small LED type i can fit to the under side of the bumper and hide it!

BUT when i took it off there are 3 bloody big holes to fill so when it gets a coat o paint itl get done then

but i know mate it looks bloody awfull

good job im N/A and no one will see the rear of the car lol;)

no not yet!

it will be though

im after a small LED type i can fit to the under side of the bumper and hide it!

BUT when i took it off there are 3 bloody big holes to fill so when it gets a coat o paint itl get done then

but i know mate it looks bloody awfull

good job im N/A and no one will see the rear of the car lol;)

Nice idea with the LED, do you not fancy the reverse light option? So easy to do and pretty much free. Short term option to cover the holes would be slightly longer No. plate? Just a few ideas because the car is stunning and would look sooooo sweet with that gone!

See you all soon!

:p

I think I should judge all three :)

Seriously nice gesture Keith, though my car won't win any at the mo (unless I make a t*t of myself on the track ,, lol

:p

lol I am sure we are all capable of making a t*t of our selves!

I don't even need a car to do that!lol:D

Nice idea with the LED, do you not fancy the reverse light option? So easy to do and pretty much free. Short term option to cover the holes would be slightly longer No. plate? Just a few ideas because the car is stunning and would look sooooo sweet with that gone!

See you all soon!

WOW!!!!

ive just been in my garage and those pics are bloomin old!!!lol

i gotta update that!!

any way this is it now!