supra666

Feeling your mileage not right?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Feeling your mileage not right?

• Yes I've had it checked
    • Don't want to know true mileage
    • Going to check it after reading this
    • Have wondered if mileage is correct

well he said he will dig in more and told me to give him a couple more days, but im not really bothered anyways because i wont ever sell the car and if it does blow il just put in a new engine:d

I like your attitude matey, who cares where the cars been, its where it is now that really matters, and judging by the amount of time, effort and enthusiasm you have for yours, its in good hands :)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In that case if mine comes back as clocked then it would deffinatly be the uk importer by the looks of it.

That is usually the case, things go amiss in the UK, But saying that in recent months probs have been occuring at the docks regularly, cars wrecked and parts stolen

Before you import they have to go through quite a procedure in Japan , de registration etc etc, which is why all the tosh when imports started back in the mid nineties with stories of them being clocked / stolen etc, is total rubbish

It doesn't benefit the Jap seller to clock his car, remember they are sold by grade more than anything and at Auction

The main reason they sell is due to the "shaken" and new cars being so cheap, remember Japs very rarely buy 2nd hand cars as they beleive you are buying someone elses misfortune...

Cars in general are seen as a status symbol, which is why they are so looked after and also if you have no place to park a car you can't have one as you need permits etc etc

I always thought this Shaken excuse was over used.

The shaken is done on any car over THREE years old, not ten.

The only difference at 10yrs is that it's done anually instead of every two years

So what.. they have to have an MOT done every year at ten years old, instead of every two years. No reason to ditch your car I don't think.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaken_%28Car_Inspection%29

I always thought this Shaken excuse was over used.

The shaken is done on any car over THREE years old, not ten.

The only difference at 10yrs is that it's done anually instead of every two years

So what.. they have to have an MOT done every year at ten years old, instead of every two years. No reason to ditch your car I don't think.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaken_%28Car_Inspection%29

Well they do.... why do you think the world is flooded with imports of a certain age... the Shaken is the driving force behind it..... good news for us though we get great interesting cars..;)

They also don't buy 2nd hand cars, its usually cheaper to buy a new car than pay out the huge cost for the "Shaken" cars are mega cheap and i think they only pay something silly like 1% interest ( last i heard anyway)

Guest Nicholas

Just got mine back too: -

Japanese Import Mileage Check Ltd

Please find below the information that you have requested for the following vehicle.

Chassis Number: _JZA800038324____________________

Current reading as supplied: _62156____________

-------------------------------------------------------

Our research shows that this vehicle has the following history through the Japanese Auction House system.

Last recorded Auction date: _2006/09/07 ___________

Last Recorded Kilometers: __61000 __________

Another happy fella then:)

Okay , Im sure there are going to be people who say that the mileage could have been altered prior to the auction , this is always a possibility, however I am happy that mine was correct.

I will use this info as a selling tool when or IF I eventually come to sell the car.

Also this is as accurate as it gets, same as the BIMTA check which guarantees mileage at the UK Jap autions

Guest Nicholas
Another happy fella then:)

Okay , Im sure there are going to be people who say that the mileage could have been altered prior to the auction , this is always a possibility, however I am happy that mine was correct.

I will use this info as a selling tool when or IF I eventually come to sell the car.

Also this is as accurate as it gets, same as the BIMTA check which guarantees mileage at the UK Jap autions

Well said that man ;)

• 2 weeks later...

43200Km - CONFIRMED
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_grin.gif

Just got my mileage checked and the result came back today. It was 43200Km's when it was imported so I am well chuffed with that;)

I was in two minds whether to check, but you have to live on the edge eh!

That was the second best £10 that I have ever spent:thumbs:

• 7 years later...