• Going to check it after reading this
    • Have wondered if mileage is correct

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i hope its is because the guy importd it in 1998 and only drove the car back and forwards to work which was a mile away from him and then he smashed it in 2000, which my dad repaired it and not been driven much, so i hope it comes back good, but the guy he got it from was a crafty man

Our research shows that this vehicle has the following history through the Japanese Auction House system.

Last recorded Auction date: _2002/11/15 ___________

Last Recorded Kilometers: _111000 ___________

We would like to point out that this information is true and accurate as at the specified date supplied from the Japanese auction system. As such we cannot be held responsible for any irregularities or inaccuracies.

If our research shows that there is a discrepancy between the current speedometer reading and the auction reading we strongly advise you to contact your local Trading Standards Officer. http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk

Thank you for using Japanese Import Mileage Check Ltd.

thats what mine came back as but my car wasnt even at auction in 2002 it was in my front drive?

can someone tell me that last recorded date does it mean 2002? as above

my cars been with me since 2000 in my drive, if thats the date above then that reader thing is bullshit

Can't help you with that one sorry... they got my auction date spot-on.

You entered the Frame no. as displayed on your engine tag?

JZA80-XXXXXXX

I would get that Vin plate pic off this site asap. You should never make that data public.:( It is a bit like giving your birth certificate away.

jazz1: A couple of thoughts...

1.) Send them an e-mail telling them exactly what you told us (i.e. that the auction date is not correct as you had the car the whole time) and ask them to verify it.

2.) Has your car had any major front bodywork done? I know it sounds far fetched, but I have heard of rails/fenders from writeoffs used in repairs where the body shop forgot to swap over the VIN/engine plates.

3.) If you check your tag details againts those on the NZ MKIV site (http://mkiv.supras.org.nz/specs.htm), do they match up with everything you know about your car? (colour, year, features etc)

Mine came back looking correct. It was advertised to me at 28,000 miles so 44,000kms is about right. See below

Japanese Import Mileage Check Ltd

Please find below the information that you have requested for the following vehicle.

Chassis Number: __JZA80-0033657___________________

Current reading as supplied: __63000___________

-------------------------------------------------------

Our research shows that this vehicle has the following history through the Japanese Auction House system.

Last recorded Auction date: __2004/03/19 __________

Last Recorded Kilometers: __44000__________

heres what they replied:

I am not sure what has happened with your car but there is diffidently 2 records for that chassis number. I guess that you are in Australia? When did you buy the car or do you know when / month it was imported? I'm guessing but the July record could be yours and the 2002 date is either a wrong entry by the auction ( not likely) or the Japanese dealer used records from another Supra to run a second Supra through the auctions that was stolen or had something not quite right with it, it would not be the first time.

If you can tell me the month then maybe we can do a little more digging!

Sorry for the inconvenience.

heres what they replied:

I am not sure what has happened with your car but there is diffidently 2 records for that chassis number. I guess that you are in Australia? When did you buy the car or do you know when / month it was imported? I'm guessing but the July record could be yours and the 2002 date is either a wrong entry by the auction ( not likely) or the Japanese dealer used records from another Supra to run a second Supra through the auctions that was stolen or had something not quite right with it, it would not be the first time.

If you can tell me the month then maybe we can do a little more digging!

Sorry for the inconvenience.

oooops, sounds like someones got a ringer, either yours, or the other supe imported in 2002