The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Seling things on here

Guest EncoreWRC

Guest EncoreWRC
I think Muffleman still has one for sale from the Trial supra.. give him a shout:)

Yes he has but he wants way too much for a used item - sorry - I can buy new with my special discount at Abbey for a fraction more.

Thanks for al your help though.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EncoreWRC
Mr Encore, you seem a nice chap from when i have spoken to you, please dont go because of something like this.

The member in question has had a fairly hard time of thngs lately, as indicated by your mention of his PM, maybe he will see this and have a change of heart - im not sure!

Cheers Rob - top bloke. I too have had it really hard and I can double Steves bill... in the last 2 weeks!!!

And I have 4 kids that I now struggle to get to school and that make me late for work which I am now getting in troubl for. As you know - I am old Bill and its not good! We all have hard times.... But I still stick to my word... thats everything to me.

Cheers though Rob

Guest EncoreWRC
I think it's well out of order if someone agrees to sell you something, then gives it to someone else!! For me, you are nothing without your WORD!!

I think if issues like this happen on the forum then it should be opened up for discussion between the members with names of who's involved and get a concensus of who's out of order.

I'm not saying name and shame but it's good to hear both sides of the story!!

Maybe it would make people do the right thing by their fellow members!! I wouldn't take my ball home just because somebody has not done the right thing as Mawby said.

H.

Cheers for the backing..... I am not however taking my ball home just for this..... This has just topped a string of things. And its all been from the selling forum...... Funny that!

i wont talk about my pain with wheels i bought off here,

i keep my word when selling, when ive agreed a sale i stick with it

Yep, Top Bloke you are SI.....

Same as Me, I have a Nur spec R for sale next week, and it is promised to a member for a set price. even if someone offered more, I couldn't take it as my word means more than a few quid.

Si

Guest EncoreWRC
i wont talk about my pain with wheels i bought off here,

i keep my word when selling, when ive agreed a sale i stick with it

I can Vouch for that - this is a trustworth seller.

Cheers for the spoiler Lockys96

Guest EncoreWRC
Yep, Top Bloke you are SI.....

Same as Me, I have a Nur spec R for sale next week, and it is promised to a member for a set price. even if someone offered more, I couldn't take it as my word means more than a few quid.

Si

I wish they were all like you mate - maybe you could spread that behaviour to Newcastle!!

Yes he has but he wants way too much for a used item - sorry - I can buy new with my special discount at Abbey for a fraction more.

Thanks for al your help though.

Ah, just replied to your pm before seeing this thread.

Oh well, neigh bother. Like I said in my PM, non-mappable F-cons sell on ebay for £200 or so, mine is fully mappable and comes with fields harness - so I don't feel £450 is too much for an F-Con V-Pro gold. And if you can get one for not much more from Abbey, I suggest you do that as you will have a warranty.

I have sold items on here before and been offered more after yet stayed true to my word, so I totally understand your gripe. But you would have to pay £450 for an emanage ultimate if you include everything, and the F-Con is somewhat better.

I don't think £450 is too much and I'm positive I will get more on ebay.

Guest EncoreWRC

probably will. As you will have probably guessed - the prce was £450 all in. Good price. For £200 more you can buy new f you have a good relationshp wth a suppler. or less f you buy from the states. Mates just got one for his skyline from USA for £500 brand new with Harness. I wll offer anyone that £450 for an F con pro with harness - thats the whole thing - its not like am knocking the price.... As pm'd that is being offered as per your post "450 s your reserve and you wl sell to a board member for that"

i agree with you re the sale going south............

however reading your other thread re future mods i'd question the need for it anyway. As others advised why not just decat and restrictor ring your way to 1.1-1.2bar? far better vfm than the few extra horses a fcon will give i'd have thought? could be wrong though.......

Guest EncoreWRC

Just going on advice mate. Been advised by Abbey Motorsport that its the way to go. I have been told by others too. Sure there are other ways of getting big power though.

Sorry for all the moans above but really been screwed over.

Got another one now though from an understanding and very local member.

Cheers

Guest EncoreWRC

I will..... my missus and 4 kids and 4 broken cars for your F con!!! - I would need my 5th car to fit the F con to..!!

Cheers Matt

I think it's well out of order if someone agrees to sell you something, then gives it to someone else!! For me, you are nothing without your WORD!!

H.

very well said. i would rather sell cheap and make a friend than get a few quid more and make an enemy.

T'was me. Yep I had to take another offer, no it wasn't a better one. Encor wanted me to wait until the end of the month which I could have got away with doing... before I was hit with over a grands worth of bills for the Supra, all after xmas. It just wasn't an option and I couldn't have lived for the rest of the month if I had of waited for Encor to be paid. I apologised but I'm obviously still an evil bugger. Still... I'm an evil bugger who can now afford to eat for the rest of the month. Sorry again but I made a loss on the offer I accepted just so I could survive

T'was me. Yep I had to take another offer, no it wasn't a better one. Encor wanted me to wait until the end of the month which I could have got away with doing... before I was hit with over a grands worth of bills for the Supra, all after xmas. It just wasn't an option and I couldn't have lived for the rest of the month if I had of waited for Encor to be paid. I apologised but I'm obviously still an evil bugger. Still... I'm an evil bugger who can now afford to eat for the rest of the month. Sorry again but I made a loss on the offer I accepted just so I could survive

Another case of "Doesn't seem so bad when you've heard the other side of the story" then.

Another case of "Doesn't seem so bad when you've heard the other side of the story" then.

Yeah, have to agree...

While it is bad to go out like this in sale, I can quite honestly say I'd do the same. I've been in that situation in the past and needs must.