The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Do you own your Supra?

Pete

Do you own your Supra outright?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own your Supra outright?

• Yes - no loans for me!
    • No loan for the car, but the mods are on credit.
    • Loan, loan, loan :(

LOANS BABY YEAH!

I'm 24 and £31k in debt and loving it.

Not really bothered as living at home but paying decent rent, have a solid job (for now), and I like the things in life I can't afford immediately so I buy them on credit :) That figure includes my student loan, a £14k car loan to pay for car and clear my student credit cards, and the current £6k I owe in credit card bills mainly on repairing my car!, and working on it a little bit ;)

All is good.

Greg

That's what I like to see. A man who's got his priorities right. You're a classic K.I.P.P.E.R. (Kids in Parents Purse Eating Retirement Surplus).

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have my Supra and my girlfriends Corsa on a loan. Along with the £152,000 mortgage for the house. Do have a credit card aswell which has some on from when we moved house in March.

Would love the Single Turbo but with paying back the card and trying to do the house up its gonna have to wait. :(

I'm 24 and the missus is 21, we have a joint loan for £17k which has payed for my supra and her CTR which have a current joint value of over £20k which isn't too bad.

On top of that though i have £4k on credit cards and a £90k mortgage.

Not bad saying we currently earn about £15k a year each, i don't know how we get by but we do without too much stress....

Guest blueangel

Both the fto and the supe both paid in full and the vast amount ive spent on the supe all paid in full, I live in a rented house and now have 3 kids but we manage lifes for living aint it.

Guest sunnyG83

Im 23 the Supra i bought out wright in december 2005, living at home but have a mortgage as i own a house which i rent out while i live with my parents. life is good bought my Hyundai Coupe out wright too when i was 18

Im 23 the Supra i bought out wright in december 2005, living at home but have a mortgage as i own a house which i rent out while i live with my parents. life is good bought my Hyundai Coupe out wright too when i was 18

I wish my son was like you. Same age, but the only thing he owns outright are the clothes he stands up in and his Punto. Oh wait - I bought that!!

Own mine all paid for :D no borrowings from parents or loans. slowly getting there in the looks department too :D got my first supra at 18 (N/a) and now tt.. maybe some day single hehe

I look at loans as saving backwards, you can save and save and save for years, then eventually buy what you want, but by then its out of date and old. Or, get a loan and enjoy the benefit of what you want while you save backwards :D

I like your logic! :D

I like your logic! :D

The logic is flawed Captain because you'll be stuck with paying 10times back in interest to the Great White Shark Personal Finance Co. (as advertised on Freeview TVX channel) over the next 20 years. In which time we'll all be on the Mk XXX Supra Owners Club talking about the best way to distill hydrogen for our fuel cells.

The illusion is lost, when you pick up a gorgeous babe in yer Supra fanny magnet, :p get her turned on by the awsome power only to pull up outside Mummy's and Daddy's.:thumbdown:

All paid for, got it 4 years ago on a loan, which after about 2 months I realised was a complete waste of money and sent the finance company a rather large cheque.

I personally would prefer to save up for something if at all possible though, with the Supe I just got too excited. I blame JIC, they knew how to sell a car :)

They did didnt they. Prices were strong too in those days. Trick is to repay the loan faster than depreciation....in my case they were neck and neck for a while:)

Weren't they just, I can't imagine the laughter if I tried to sell my car for what I paid for it, I wouldn't even put up a late VVTI for that price now!