The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyones insurance up for renewal??

Supragal

mcanny, what mods have you got because im with elephant and they quoted £470. im 27 just and have only 3 years ncb. i told them about my mods ( full body kit,wheels,exhaust,induction) and they wanted an extra £40. im not sure how they would feel about my boost controller and FMIC though and planned single:)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They must just have a mystery output machine!!! That or you are insured as a mk3. Don't laff that off cos despite asking tesco's on numerous occasions thats what it eventually turned out I had been insured as for 2 years! These mega cheap policies are cheap for a reason dood and that was the reason mine was so cheap. When they inputted my correct model it was nearly double the premium.

Originally posted by dangerous brain

They must just have a mystery output machine!!! That or you are insured as a mk3. Don't laff that off cos despite asking tesco's on numerous occasions thats what it eventually turned out I had been insured as for 2 years! These mega cheap policies are cheap for a reason dood and that was the reason mine was so cheap. When they inputted my correct model it was nearly double the premium.

i was insured as a mk3 i told them they had messed up and they tried to charge me an extra £27 with which i told them to shove it as it was thier mistake. :D 'sorry sir':cool: . dont forget im uk too

Originally posted by foodfreak

Listen Guys & Gals,

you MUST speak to the right person. Most of the sales people are complete muppets

I have confirmed ( and have in writing) that you do not have to notify them of any modifications, including Single/larger Turbos'. The ONLY increase that they are concerned about is Cubic capacity

The standard comprehensive cover includes business use, vehicle cover up to £50k ( you must provide examples of comparative vehicle values, keep pictures & invoices for mechanical mods)

last year my premium on my '99' Jspec RZ was £870.....

the nearest other quote with my level of mods was £2.5k:eek:

you really could save a packet:thumbs:

John

I agree about the mods issue, they didn't care providing the CC was the same. Cost me about £800

They are also incredibly cheap on the Laguna. All the main places wanted £550-£700. LV are charging me £350 :)

Originally posted by leett

mcanny, what mods have you got because im with elephant and they quoted £470. im 27 just and have only 3 years ncb. i told them about my mods ( full body kit,wheels,exhaust,induction) and they wanted an extra £40. im not sure how they would feel about my boost controller and FMIC though and planned single:)

Basic mods really, AVC-R, NuR, ARC SMIC, tints, OEM alloys in chrome shadow finish.... that's about it.

Insurance is a funny old business.

I've gone with Adrian Flux in the end, £733 was the final price they came up with, it went up to £950 if I added my 57 old Dad (with flawless history) so he's not getting to play this year but on the plus side they have confirm that they accept the standard alarm system as it is and won't insist I change it for another CAT 1 :)

Not the best result possible but I'm happier than I was at the end of last week.

Originally posted by dangerous brain

Yeah I've had at least 5 quotes come back in the post only to show me on an '89 Supra rather than the '94 info I provided - for those people who are insured with LV what does it say on your documentation?

I really can't believe that my 8 phonecalls to them have all resulted in a dead end, something isn't right, I hope it's with me and not with those existing policies :)

I love Elephants!!! :) :) :)

My new favourite animal and you know why?

£432, that's why

:thumbs:

Liverpool-Victoria wouldn't quote, nor would AA (just AAsk someone else)

Adrain flux couldn't get under a grand

Priviledge (my current insurer) was £736.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by wilfman

Just spoke to Kevin at Liv-Vic. Quote was going to come at sub £500 with Dline quoting £700 this year. :) However he can't insure me as they don't have manuals only autos listed on the imports:(

Time to call Elephant me thinks...

this scares me a bit... he couldn't quote me coz i'm not 25 yet but he ran a quote for STOX on my car out of interest and it came back ok!! weird...

Originally posted by wilfman

Just spoke to Kevin at Liv-Vic. Quote was going to come at sub £500 with Dline quoting £700 this year. :) However he can't insure me as they don't have manuals only autos listed on the imports:(

Time to call Elephant me thinks...

Mine is a manual and it's insured by Liverpool and Kevintoria :thumbs:

-Ian

Originally posted by Supragal

i'm with tesco... tried them?

Rosie - Be carefull with Tesco when it comes to renewal. If you dont tell them stop after the 1st year, then they will automatically carry on taking money from your account for the next years policy, and wont even quote you either, thats what happened to us. We just expected that once the policy was up, it would just end, like all other policys do, and that you'd have to agree to the next year. Luckily it was only on the Clio so was only a couple a hundred spread over the 12 months, but it meant that for the first two month of our new policy we were paying double. They also refused to give us a refund on those two months.

Personally, I'd never use Tesco insurance again, no matter how cheap. They were very rude and unhelpfull on the phone.

Thanks for the heads up but luckily I make sure I pay my premuim up front so they don't have my bank details (I hope!!) I didn't have a lot of choice about going with them because they are the only company that will insure me for less than £3500 if at all.

They sent me a renewal reminder- perhaps coz they don have my details ;)

In my experience, although you get the odd helpdesk muppet, they're pretty good- they've let me leave my policy on suspension while I've been having this work done so I can still build NCBs up. Result.

Originally posted by Barry

Personally, I'd never use Tesco insurance again, no matter how cheap. They were very rude and unhelpfull on the phone.

Barry, think you'll find you weren't actually talking to anyone from Tesco, but one of the unhelpful sods in one of our call centres...

Tesco's insured me as a mk3 for 2 years with me repeatedly asking them if they had my car right. 2 months from my renewal this time round they finally sussed on when I called them for about the fifth time about it. The renewal made me laugh it was double the premium of the year before and £200 dearer than if I just did a straight online quote from their website. Norwich Union Direct seem to be this seasons bargain bucket basement bonanza.

I just read this thread (well, i have ben away etc) and decided to call them. I told them about my turbo conversion and all the other mods but he wasnt interested so long as the engine remained the same CC capacity.

Bottom line is, DL wanted £1250 and these chaps came in with £590! Woohoo...I am a very happy bunny.

Originally posted by CJ

I just read this thread (well, i have ben away etc) and decided to call them. I told them about my turbo conversion and all the other mods but he wasnt interested so long as the engine remained the same CC capacity.

Bottom line is, DL wanted £1250 and these chaps came in with £590! Woohoo...I am a very happy bunny.

i hate you all :mad: