The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyones insurance up for renewal??

Supragal

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen Guys & Gals,

you MUST speak to the right person. Most of the sales people are complete muppets

I have confirmed ( and have in writing) that you do not have to notify them of any modifications, including Single/larger Turbos'. The ONLY increase that they are concerned about is Cubic capacity

The standard comprehensive cover includes business use, vehicle cover up to £50k ( you must provide examples of comparative vehicle values, keep pictures & invoices for mechanical mods)

last year my premium on my '99' Jspec RZ was £870.....

the nearest other quote with my level of mods was £2.5k:eek:

you really could save a packet:thumbs:

John

Sounds good to me as I reckon I would have a nightmare trying to insure the only manual TT aero in the country that used to be an auto N/A. Incidentally what would you insure a motor like that for with a total custom alcantara interior? I have timed the transplant to coincide with our insurance renewal. I was tempted to just say it is a TT and not mention the N/A part.

Originally posted by dangerous brain

Sounds good to me as I reckon I would have a nightmare trying to insure the only manual TT aero in the country that used to be an auto N/A. Incidentally what would you insure a motor like that for with a total custom alcantara interior? I have timed the transplant to coincide with our insurance renewal. I was tempted to just say it is a TT and not mention the N/A part.

did you get the engine in the end then? this is what bothers me about major work like engine transplants etc... didn't know yours was a manual?

Hi Rosie.... yes I'm an old fart, ( over 30):)

but I have been told that they will insure people under 30, IF they phone & IF they speak to the right person.

They would even put my 22 y/o son on my policy FFS. ( not that He's ever, ever going to get the chance to drive it:) .He reads this board)

just be assertive people....it works

I found Kevin :)

But he only had 2 minutes to chat as he was stuck on a call with an awkward customer (one of you lot no doubt :))

So he now has my mobile number and hopefully he'll call before he leaves at 4pm today, if not it's after 12 tomorrow when he's back in.

"Let me guess, you are a Toyota Supra owner" was one of the first things he said, promising start :)

Just before that I spoke to one of his colleagues who confirmed that Kevin didn't exist and there was no extension 5182, I love insurance phone monkeys :innocent:

Kevin called me back.........

{drumroll}

.......... I need to be 30 :(

WTF is going on here!

I tried a quote on my UK and another quote on a GZ for comparison, both flagged up that I needed to be 30 rather than my somewhat younger 27 and 11 months :(

I honestly have no idea how you lot are getting through their system but something doesn't like quoting me.

*sulk*

Right it looks like I need to find an alternative and quickly, currently I'm torn between Admiral and paying £100 less at Adrian Flux but needing a new alarm.... Bah!!

http://www.megaboost.co.uk/vbb/images/smilies/end.gif

Originally posted by Supragal

Mcanny- do you have points or anything? nightmare!

how much are the other quotes?

I have a 3 point SP30 on an otherwise perfect record, 9 years NCB, no claims ever made, car garaged, reasonable area etc etc

I'm currently looking at £746.16 plus a new CAT 1 alarm with Adrian Flux or £855 with Admiral to renew, Elephant wanted £876.

Originally posted by mcanny

£855 with Admiral to renew

I'm only 24 with 7 years protected NCB plus exhaust, guages, induction kit, wheels and brakes declared, plus breakdown cover for just under £1k. I have no points though, maybe that does make a difference.

I guess it's the points then. 'on the cheap' knocked together in Access in 5 minutes database maybe.

"Hey, what do we do about mods"

"Oh god I didn't design that in. errrr. lets make it free. yes. good plan"

"erm. ok. what about points and things?"

"ahhh thats all lumped under the same 'mass murderer' criteria"

I'm with Liv Vic on my pug and have been for well over a year now. I phoned to add the Supe to the same policy but they wouldn't insure me on that until I was over 30.......

They are good re mods though - really don't care :D

Also, when I phoned them up to declare my 3 points the reply was, "OK we've noted it, and it makes no difference at all to your policy" - No extra premium, nothing :D

grrrrr, snarl, grrrr. just pay it and stop moaning!! I'd be thanking my lucky stars if I was being quoted that!! :D lol

LOL, but I'm old and not exactly BPU+++++++ or anything :)

It's also a case of looking at the APR when you spread the payments etc - Admiral want 19% and Adrian Flux is 13% - it makes a difference :)

Originally posted by HISUPE

I'm with Liv Vic on my pug and have been for well over a year now. I phoned to add the Supe to the same policy but they wouldn't insure me on that until I was over 30.......

They are good re mods though - really don't care :D

Also, when I phoned them up to declare my 3 points the reply was, "OK we've noted it, and it makes no difference at all to your policy" - No extra premium, nothing :D

so it's all a horrible random mystery.

I wonder if mcanny tried with my car reg details if it'd be different? must be something to do with that then surely?

Mcanny, even with Admiral your quote seems high. Have you tried Elephant or Bell Direct? My renewal with Elephant was £700, Admiral then quoted £520 even though they are the same company.

Im sure you can get that price down somehow.

JB

so it's all a horrible random mystery.

I wonder if mcanny tried with my car reg details if it'd be different? must be something to do with that then surely?

I'm happy to call back with other car details if anyone wants to provide me with a reg number via PM - it'll be tomorrow now though.

Originally posted by Branners

Mcanny, even with Admiral your quote seems high. Have you tried Elephant or Bell Direct? My renewal with Elephant was £700, Admiral then quoted £520 even though they are the same company.

Elephant wanted £876 and I've just called Bell to get a £900+ from them.

A lot of people are moaning about the tints on the windows despite them being light smoke, Priviledge expected me to take the car on a dyno so that they could work out the % BHP power increase the car had thanks to the exhaust, apparently the car documentation should tell me the before and after power, it normally does...... r i g h t! ;)

Im sure you can get that price down somehow.

I'm trying but at the moment it looks like Adrian Flux are going to win, I just wish it didn't mean a new alarm - I thought the UK spec one was CAT 1 as standard?