The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyones insurance up for renewal??

Supragal

Got my Supra a couple of weeks ago and the insurance is £425 fully comp.

Five years no claims, protected, windscreen cover and when I added my wife as a named driver it went down by £11.:D

That is with EGG.

The last car was a Seat Leon Cupra and that cost me £476 fully comp, not protected!!!!

Go figure.:confused:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Bill Prawn

Got my Supra a couple of weeks ago and the insurance is £425 fully comp.

Five years no claims, protected, windscreen cover and when I added my wife as a named driver it went down by £11.:D

That is with EGG.

The last car was a Seat Leon Cupra and that cost me £476 fully comp, not protected!!!!

Go figure.:confused:

might be worth checking this see terms and conditions

All Drivers are at least 17 years of age, hold a valid driving licence and are permanently resident in the U.K.

The total number of fault accidents or claims, including theft claims for all drivers does not exceed 3 in the last 3 years.

The total number of convictions, fixed penalties or disqualifications for each driver does not exceed 2 in the last 5 years.

No driver has any illnesses or disabilities that affects their driving.

The vehicle is owned and registered by yourself, at your address and has not been modified or altered in any way (including wheels, suspension, bodywork and engine).

You can use the vehicle in connection with your business. If your spouse/partner is named to drive, they can also use the vehicle in connection with their business. Use in connection with the Motor Trade is excluded.

Your business or the business of your employer is not in anyway connected with any of the following: the entertainment and fashion industry, professional sports, foreign service or diplomatic personnel, scrap or salvage merchants, general dealers or market traders, mini-cab drivers or controllers.

The vehicle must be a U.K. model or built to U.K. specifications

(unless the vehicle description selected specifically states 'Import').

so basically if it does not say import on your policy unless you have a UK spec you not insured correctly

:) Just got myself a new policy set up to start next month with Liverpool Victoria. Tel.0800 608 608 x5182

I spoke to Kevin Radford.

My uk spec with single turbo and all the other stuff = £714

Not bad for someone living in S.E London

He didnt ask me If the car was parked on the road or not or about any alarm?

Last year I was with HIC and got fleeced £1700, and that was the best I got after 5 different quotes.

Now where on the car can I spend the money I've just saved...????

:D :D

this sucks

mcanny i took ur advice and checked before taking out the policy and the car Liv Vic quoted was wrong

went over it again with Kevin and he couldnt find model of car (98 tiptronic, i think RZ-S) so i pointed out it only said toyota supra on log book

then as soon as i mentioned it was a twin turbo he said couldnt insure me because under 30

so still having trouble finding insurance on a BPU supra as a 27 yr old with 4yr ncd!

to what extent should mods be declared with other comps.

starting going through them with Adrian flux and they said it would be over £3500

Picking up my 500bhp Supe tomorrow.

Needed a good quote so called Kevin.

£987 with protected no claims, mods declared, monthly payment terms.

He said to keep photos and receipts of mods.

Luckily I look 25 but am actually 30 :D

F'ckin result.

Originally posted by mcanny

Sorry to have been the one that highlighted the issue :(

well better than being incorrectly "covered" you would think the insurance companies would sort their computers out. Worst thing is if at the time of the claim anything is wrong seems its down to the customer!

anyway still looking for insurance

Originally posted by qaisar

well better than being incorrectly "covered" you would think the insurance companies would sort their computers out. Worst thing is if at the time of the claim anything is wrong seems its down to the customer!

anyway still looking for insurance

Well technically if you clearly state your model on the phone then you can record the time and date and if it ever did come to a claim you have stated the cars actual model type and they have the recording. Myself I wouldn't wanna risk it but by law they should have to pay.

Rang LV last night to get a quote for my uk tt after going though everthing with them got to point as to what car model its was and he said we dont insure that model so asked to speak to the manager he came on and said the same thing but said he asked the underwriters tomorrow just to make sure phoned me back tonight and said that they do not insure uk tt supra auto. So there you have it i just wonder if its because the jap spec is less bhp in standard form.(and im over 30)lol

i done a online email quote with admiral this for a ......

TOYOTA SUPRA SZ (IMPORT)

FULLY COMP

5K LIMITED MILAGE

2 YEARS NCB

23 YEARS OF AGE

£827.40

HERES THE EMAIL FOR YOU

Dear Glenn

Thank you for visiting admiral.com for a quote for your car insurance. Based on the information you provided, here is our most competitive quote for your insurance cover.

Type of cover : Comprehensive

Manufacturer : TOYOTA

Model : SUPRA

Driver(s) : Yourself Only

Years NCB : 2 Years No Protection

Class of use : Social & Commuting

Total Premium : £827.40

Originally posted by enduroace1

Rang LV last night to get a quote for my uk tt after going though everthing with them got to point as to what car model its was and he said we dont insure that model so asked to speak to the manager he came on and said the same thing but said he asked the underwriters tomorrow just to make sure phoned me back tonight and said that they do not insure uk tt supra auto. So there you have it i just wonder if its because the jap spec is less bhp in standard form.(and im over 30)lol

The J-specs aren't less BHP, they are only quoted as being less;) I won't go into that though:(

Alot of insurance companies have stopped insuring people under 25 on these cars. They also don't seem to have much of an idea about the various different models, you have to be careful whatb you are actually getting insured on.

Some people have been driving around only to find there insured on a mk3!!

• 5 weeks later...

i would suggest tesco, have been insured with them for 3 years have been very good until this year. they're now charging me 1800 for my NA, paid 1200 last year, this is apparently because i am under 25 (this wasn't a factor last year) and i have moved house. so 600 quid extra for moving from the middle of nowhere into town.

How gutted am i. well i either sell the car or pay it.

pay the bill it is then.

ps

please see post "my ass for sale" in for sale section

lol

• 2 months later...

I tried LV... and the monkey on the des told me that they would not be able to insure it since they didn't have the auto listed on their system... simply as that... no quote...

Out of interest, try the following and let me know... mention that you are part of the supra club...

Speak to Liam

Phone is 08704 440556, Choose existing clients from the menu, admin and ask for me when you come through and we will take it from there….

I went with Car Highway... but it turned out they didn't realize it was a Jap import, but I got nasty with them....

And they found another quote through someone called Kinetics for 800.... including mods (nose, body skirt, uk brakes, NOS, alloys and in car computer stuff) and since they finally admitted it was their fault they didn't understand it was a jap import... they took the difference on themselves (guess those audio tapes did work in the end)

So all in I got it for 556...

But I'm busying going down another route...

Gav