Got car-jacked tonight!

RedM

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Martin you are an arse !

I can't believe no one twigged even with your hint about 'you read this kind of thing in emails' :rolleyes:

Oh well you got people interested anyhoo.

Some of us haven't yet seen the warning Pete posted. So us Gullible members felt genuine concern - be prepared for us not to in the future. :p

Mike

That's almost as 'good' as MonkeyMarks cancer thread a few years back :rolleyes:

I was just about to mention that one. Oh how we all laughed when he told us that he only had a few weeks to live.

Hilarious it was - :rolleyes:

I thought this one was quite good though TBH

Hey Matt,

Just out of interest. How good is Blackjax? Can it be bypassed without setting off the alarm/immobiliser etc? If someone wanted to drive off in my car how likely would it be that they could?

The idea of Blackjax is that it will let them drive the car away for a short distance. Just enough to allow you to be out of harms way when the car does stop.

Chances are, that they would only get a couple of streets away at best. Close enough for you to retrieve the car safely.

There are always exceptions, (I'm not going to say what they are in public as I don't want to educate the scumbags!).

Like everything it could be got around, but only if :-

1, they are aware the car has Blackjax and they know what 'can' be done

2, They have a tool kit and are prepared to re-wire it

3, They have a sound proofed lorry parked just around the corner.

Personally, I think it's a great feature. Takes a bit of getting used to, but when you do, it's almost second nature.

Matt,

I have Blackjax. I use it all the time. Only ever turn it off when the car is being worked on.

Basically, anyone pinches the car they aren't going to get far unless prepared.

Could you PM me details on the exceptions. I'd like to know what they are in order to maybe make it even harder to nick.

Cheers.