2uz 4.7L TT Install

Nic

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Truly amazing project you have there Eric. A lot of effort has gone into that. :thumbs:

A couple of questions for you.

I noticed a few pages back that you mention a dynamic compression ratio of 9.6:1. This would put the static CR somewhere in the region of 13~14.5:1. I'm interested to know how this has affected your approach to mapping? Have you had to be a little conservative with timing? What do you think will be your realistic power/boost celling on pump fuel running this CR?

The static CR is the CR without intake valve closing X degrees past BDC. On my engine it's 9.77:1 static. On my cams the intakes close at 37 degrees past BDC, so the dynamic is 9.6:1. The compression in each cylinder supports this as each cylinder is ~175psi, dynamic.

Thanks!

Eric

I'm not going to question any of that as I don't know any of your internal specifications. What I'm genuinely interested in is your approach to the tuning of what is generally regarded as higher than normal compression ratio for a boosted engine. I'm not here to rain on your parade, far from it, I just have an interest in high compression boosted aplications. I honestly believe it is the way forward, and so do many manufacturers.:)

My original questions apply:)

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey cowboy, nice build as seen on other forums. Also clean just like your old white supra was, had been looking at this thread before but had to register because I swore I heard a turbo car fly behind my house and well... proofs in the video. Good ol' brooks lane.

• 2 months later...

Well, let see here. A lot has been said about this build some good, some bad. But Darin from Titan gave the car a little pressure today and it's outstanding! There's more in it no doubt, especially in the mid range, but even still the car pulls great by just rolling your foot forward. The motor was on it's best behavior. Oil pressure was stable, and engine temps were cool. If anyone ever tells you that the Toyota V8's overheat, you tell them that they're a liar. :) This is through a Th400, 3400 stall, unlocked converter. 2nd gear pulls.

Here are the dyno sheets.

9psi low boost:

19psi new boost:

More to come:)

Edited by cowboy bebop (see edit history)

I was just trying to weigh up in my mind if I thought the HP and torque figures were high or low for this set-up.

I've come to the conclusion, that circa 650hp and what is realistically 500ft/lb would kinda be about the middle ground.

Anyone else have any thoughts?