Why so many autos?

RobEvans

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Owned many of the TT autos?

Nope.....test drove one, its got a good box, but I prefer a stick shift, enjoy the thrill of driving the car albeit slower than an auto....unless you are brutal with the gearbox and a bloody good driver :)

Each to their own - like the man said, GT car = designed to eat away the motorway miles = hence autos are more common.

Personally, cant remember changing gears too much while on the motorway....so not quite sure how that fits into the Auto & GT theory :(

I loved my auto for years and then i went single. It became annoying off the lights as it was dead up to 3800 rpm.

I went for a higher stall and some days i loved it, some days i hated it.

So, yesterday my 6 speed conversion started :cool:

So did we ever decide which one was better?

Auto - Better for spinning off the road when it kicks down

Manu - Better for clanking and rattling when stuck in traffic.

Well I've been driving a 56 E220 Merc around for the last week and it just goes to show how good a Supra Auto box is... the Merc box is awful...

I dont know what you are moaning about. I used to have the Daewoo Leganza and that was an auto...'nuff said eh? :(

i have the tt auto, which is cool, i test drove the manual and the auto, actually prefered the auto, now i have a manual aswell:D but alas its a 5 speed n/a, but i do enjoy driving it around twisties:D and now in 2 minds whether to convert the tt or sell and buy manual single:rolleyes:

Please can we close this thread! Comes back time and time again :)

Personally, I've only driven an Auto Supe and love it! I've tried many other autos from Hilux's to Golfs, to BMWs and the Auto box on the Supe does win hands down. I love it.

However, I would never dismiss a manual as I think they'd be great. It just seems a lot of manual drivers are on their 'high horse' of my car's better than yours a lot of the time, when, as Homer has said, very few of them have actually tried the Auto box.

To be honest, I'd be happy just owning a bloody quick and lovely car like the Supe - which I am, regardless of what box it has in it. ;)

Greg

I dont know what you are moaning about. I used to have the Daewoo Leganza and that was an auto...'nuff said eh? :(

Pah!! Bloody luxury:d I once had a Daff 850 auto (cost me some beer) - now THAT was a crap EVERYTHING:Pling: And yet it was the best car I ever had - no expectations = no disappointment. Never worried about it, never even locked it (had a stubby screw driver permanently stuck in the ignition) - that car lasted me 8 months (gave it away in the end) and only ever cost me a few quid in fuel LOL:d :D

(ok, back on topic now)

Please can we close this thread! Comes back time and time again
Don't read it then!

Makes me laugh when folks call for threads to locked because the person think it's boring.

Anyway, you've been on here 5mins. Imagine how many times some of us have seen this subject done to death.

Personally I'm more interested to know what drugs Sim is on.

Don't read it then!

Makes me laugh when folks call for threads to locked because the person think it's boring.

Anyway, you've been on here 5mins. Imagine how many times some of us have seen this subject done to death.

Personally I'm more interested to know what drugs Sim is on.

Notice Jake the title of the thread said "Why so many autos?" not "Auto vs Manual" hence why I read it.

I'm just saying there's so many of these posts around. As for being here 5mins, WTF does that mean? On this thread? Or on these forums?

Greg

Guest CoolsBlue

one of the little things that probably lead to the japs being more ahead in technology etc, less shifting whlile driving, more time to think etc? i duno...lol