tDR

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest willismaximus

Have to say i've always had a soft spot for the 300zx i quite like the wedge like styling but i still prefer the Supra.

Shame we don't know what Mac's 300 ended up running at given how much he was putting into it.

:) this was all happening when i owned my Z, having owned both I have never looked back on selling my 300zx after owning the supra.

Mac1s 300zx was at the time one of the quickest in the country no expence spared on the bits but not sure what the final bhp level was around 550 I think

• 1 year later...
:) this was all happening when i owned my Z, having owned both I have never looked back on selling my 300zx after owning the supra.

Mac1s 300zx was at the time one of the quickest in the country no expence spared on the bits but not sure what the final bhp level was around 550 I think

Seriously? After all that hype and 'bigging up' I was expecting at least 700HP, especially for 23k 6 years ago.

Was he happy with that?

ive owned both cars and even when i had the 300 i always knew i should have got the supra but there was no way in hell i was going to pay the stupid money that was being asked for the supra at the time so i just waited a few years and then got one.....they are now getting even cheaper so i may get another in a couple of years.......the 300 was very quick especially johnny's from grasshopper although we hit a traffic cone in his once at 170mph on the motorway and were convinced there would be nothing left of his front end only to find not a mark apart from the rubber where it went under the car

just read the thread from start (2004 lol)

that MAC1 car is about 1000 BHP iirc, know lot of money spent on it, but Supra Single owners do spend a lot to get to over 500BHP too.

as for the banter Supra vs 300zx obv we are going to be biast on here lol

i like the look of the Z, i even ownded 2 TT's, nice looking car, but not reliable, always have overheating issues, heavy thing, the Head gasket went on mine, oil dipstick kept popping out, just wasnt a great car.

having owned 2 Twin Turbo Z'ds and a TT Supra i can say that the Supra is the better car :)

much more reliable, better put together, looks more modern & sporty.

my Zed was nice looking tho :) and it wasnt slow either, i reckon would have enjoyd it more if i turned the boost up (but was afraid to incase blew up lol)

• 6 months later...