The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Starting my engine build

JamieP

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have read of a few failures on the 71gtq.mine got nicked from dudes workshop never had any miles on it too.now got a t74gts in a carrier bag lol.read some good things on the 74gts.aint the gts about 50hp more than a gtq with slightly slower spool.

whats t88 like for traction on road.is it scary on boost

whats t88 like for traction on road.is it scary on boost

The T88 is pretty good imo..It is a little laggy but the lag dont really bother me... little revs from pull away and it wont come of boost again... it wheel spins in 3rd when the boost comes on but i only have to feed the throttle a tiny bit and its ok, same thing when its goes into fouth if i slam it in gear it will spin.

Still cant make my mind up on what turbo to go with so im gonna stick with the T88 for now and see what its like with the bigger rev limit...If your ever in the area give me a shout and ill take you for a spin.

:( That's a shame really as given the choice it's the pistons that make all the difference. If you can be arsed I (and others I think) would appreciate an individual weight session ;)

-Ian

Im going over saturday... if they are still there ill do it again;)