The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Starting my engine build

JamieP

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamie, can you do us a techie favour and weigh (to the nearest gram) your pistons and rods, and the stock ones that are removed, and post the results up? Just to see what the differences really are, cheers :)

-Ian

Didn't Mig just sell a set of OEM rods and pistons to someone on here ? (sale post below) maybe they could also weigh them ?

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=83900

Looks like ill be getting some prices on a 71GTQ.... any traders see this pm me please.

Miami-gt have some great prices on these and TerryS will be able to supply too. This is the same as i'm running at the moment. According to that chart you posted up the GT40 is a 64.7mm turbo

Looks like ill be getting some prices on a 71GTQ.... any traders see this pm me please.

I would give MVP a call or e-mail, otherwise I would go direct to BL.

MVP has the best track record so far on sticking to thier delivery promises. At least with me that is...

If you want to stay at home then your options are MKIVstore or Paul E has some special prices on these I believe. Terry S might also be able to assist.

Nearly as good as mine:p

It will be a stormer! Just wondering about the 1000 miles run in - there won't be one lead foot[GRIN][/GRIN] I really don't think you'll be able to go much faster with NOS on the bike and on the car! You have changed my base line again:search: Now I need to start again! All the best mate Jonty

Nearly as good as mine:p

It will be a stormer! Just wondering about the 1000 miles run in - there won't be one lead foot[GRIN][/GRIN] I really don't think you'll be able to go much faster with NOS on the bike and on the car! You have changed my base line again:search: Now I need to start again! All the best mate Jonty

cheers jonathan.:)

I would give MVP a call or e-mail, otherwise I would go direct to BL.

MVP has the best track record so far on sticking to thier delivery promises. At least with me that is...

If you want to stay at home then your options are MKIVstore or Paul E has some special prices on these I believe. Terry S might also be able to assist.

Yea ill contact mvp monday... cheers joe

isnt the t71 almost the same size turbo as the T88 just a little less laggy.maybe a 74 dbb maybe a good option if you are after a fair bit more power with very similar spool characteristics to your T88

Yeh it is very similar although should spool alot quicker than the T88 with the newer technology and smaller hot side