The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Starting my engine build

JamieP

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamie, can you do us a techie favour and weigh (to the nearest gram) your pistons and rods, and the stock ones that are removed, and post the results up? Just to see what the differences really are, cheers :)

-Ian

Yes mate.. ill take some scales over tomorrow:)

The T71gtq or gts is not bad, works ok for me with the hi stall. You have the advantage of a manual transmission so it should be even better.

Some general figures from the BL site if you have not already seen them

Average Horsepower Rating in RWHP(spool depends on A/R sizing)

T61 P : 550-600(3600-4000rpm)

T67 P: 620-670 (4000-4400rpm)

T71 GTQ : 720-820(4600rpm)

T74 GTS: 840-870(5200rpm)

Keep in mind that they are American dyno figures so take them with a grain of salt. Also no idea what boost or fuel is used for those figures.

I think you'd be amazed at the spool and drivability of the T67DBB, Jamie, but I don't know if it'd offer the power you are accustomed to. It'll probably push 700bhp at those high boost pressures but for how long...?

-Ian

Yea it sounds like a great turbo for drivability but i just want that bit more power..