My Wrecked Supra

ndwgolf

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As already said, got to be one of the nicest cars on the forum.

Just to confirm it's Candy Apple Red isn't it? Always my fave colour.

I think the wheels suit it perfectly, what's the engine spec? And how is it manual RHD aerotop, did you convert it yourself?

Color Candy Apple Red

The car was converted by the previous owner to a 6 speed

Engine Spec is:

Block 2J-GTE

Piston Standard

Piston Ring Total Seal

Connector Standard

Connector Bolt ARP

Crankshaft Standard

Bearing Clevite 77

Intake Camshaft Stock

Exhaust Camshaft Stock

Camshaft pulley HKS

Valves Standard

Retainers Standard

Spring Valves Standard

Pulley Red anodized aluminium

Crankshaft Pulley ATI Pulley weight balance

Turbo Greddy T78-33D

Waste Gate Greddy Type C

Blow Off Valve Greddy Type R

Throttle Red anodized aluminium 80 mm

Head Gasget Cometic Multi Layer Steel Gasket 1.3mm

Header Greddy

Intercooler Greddy Spec M 4"

Intake Manifold Veilside

Exhuast Muffler HKS Sliencer

Radiator Aluminium Custom Made

Oilcooler GReddy GREX

Fuel Pumps Walbro 255 l/hr x 2

Injectors SARD 650cc (i wanted 800cc but ran out of money)

Fuel Rail Custom Made Red Anodized

Regulator HKS

Oil Pump Standard

ECU HKS F-con V Pro

Spark Plugs NGK Racing # 9

Spark Wires Standard

Ignition Expanding Standard

Replaced all hoses/pipe work with Red hoses

Anything that could be polished was polished

The engine bay is now show quality but will it stay that way???

Transmission

Gear 6 Speeds standard

Clutch ORC tripple plates

Flywheel ORC

Final gear 3.266 : 1

Limited Slip Cusco 2 Ways

Suspension

Front Shock Absorbers HKS Hypermax ll

Rear Shock Absorbers HKS Hypermax ll

Front Spring HKS Hypermax ll

Rear Spring HKS Hypermax ll

Front Brake Brembo F40

Rear Brake Standard

Brake Pad Project Mu

Front Wheel Weds Kranze Borphes SMB 19 x 9.5 + 28

Rear Wheel Weds Kranze Borphes SMB 19 x 10.5 + 16

Front Tire Toyo Vimode 245-35-19

Rear Tire Toyo Vimode 275-30-19

Exterior

New TRD Wide body

New Xenons Lights

Interior

Guages Defi BF (Boost, Fuel Press, Water Temp)

Boost Controller Greddy Profer B Spec II

Wheel Steering TRD Airbag

Gear HKS

Driver Seat New Leather with red stiching

Passenger Seat New Leather with red stiching

Belt Standard

New Carpets from Wayne

thats a great car ,did your insurance pay for all that work to fix it i mean,who says we all go out get pissed & crash our cars im off,lol only a joke.great job on the car though;)

The whole job cost me B750.000.00 (+/- 10 grand Stirling)

The insurance originally said they would pay me +/- 5K Stirling and have now said 1500 Stirling so i am taking the B**tards to court.

I mean 1500 wont keep me in Heineken for a month?????????:innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

Looks stunning :thumbs: not sure about the rear badges, although I suspect the Thai chicks will love them ;)

It just needs a better set of horns and a shiny upper rad/FMIC panel IMO.

Badges are staying..........

Can you give me some ideas of what i can get for a upper panel, i heard that there is one called a ARK or something like that, any info will be much appreciated

Neil

Badges are staying..........

Can you give me some ideas of what i can get for a upper panel, i heard that there is one called a ARK or something like that, any info will be much appreciated

Neil

Hi Neil

Do you mean ARC? They do a titanium rad panel

http://www.arcinter.co.jp/arc/products/titanium/hoodpanel/list/toyota.html

A few other companies do them to

GReddy

http://www.trust-power.com/04cooling/airdiversion_plate.html

Carbing

http://www.okuyama-go.to/products/radiator/detail/4210090.shtml

PHR

http://www.powerhouseracing.com/files/nwindow/catalog.php?id=../media/catalog/Toyota/Supra%20TT/37new%20stuff%200306%20081.jpg

cheers

So I took off from Bangkok at around 6 pm on a Friday night (not a good time to leave) but I had to take my car to have the wheel alignment checked seeing as I had just had the new HKS Hypermax ll installed, anyway I found the wheel shop to do the wheel alignment but missed the turning out of there for the road south and ended up loosing over an hour trying to get back to where I needed to be.

Anyway I eventually got going south but every time I went over some rough road (and there is plenty of it leaving Bangkok) the wheels keep hitting under the chassis, basically this happened all the way to Phuket (980 km).

We stayed in a hotel about 150 k south of Bangkok for the night and left early in the morning for Phuket

We stopped for lunch just outside of Phuket and after lunch took off for home, I got maybe 500 meters down the road and smoke started pouring out of the bonnet vents, I stopped the car and popped the hood and there was smoke bellowing out around the turbo/exhaust manifold. I sat there for about an hour wondering what to do and called many people asking advice when a guy stopped and asked if he could help me, while he was having a look around the engine compartment I got my wife to turn the engine over and it was then that I could see where the problem was. When they installed the oil line going to the turbo it was touching against the rear part of the turbo and had melted away the inner part of the steel braided hose causing oil to pour over the exhaust manifold which off course is wrapped in heat resistant lagging.

To cut a long story short, the guy that stopped to help me, took off the damaged braided line and went to a hydraulic shop and got a rubber hose made up so that I could get my car home, the bad thing was that when I was driving into Phuket town in heavy traffic I had this beautiful shinny car that was still bellowing out smoke (due to the lagging being covered in oil) and all these Thai guys pointing at my car laughing and pointing “F**k I was embarrassed!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway since then I have had the car raised one inch, I have ordered a new braided hose and am back at work for a month, so hopefully when I get home I will be able to have some fun with my car, I am just hoping that the rest of the old oil on the lagging will burn off after a few miles of driving??

Later

Neil