The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newera - Very poor service received!

Dragonball

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets not all jump on Miguel folks, if you personally have had a bad experience with them then take it up with them. We've already seen that one such complaint in this thread wasn't actually dealing with Newera after all.

I personally know of two people who got cars through Newera (some years ago now though) and sang Mig's praises all day long.

We're not going out of business at all :Pling:

Newera is the only importer that has been in business supplying imports since 1998 that's still growing whilst others around us are going out of business because they cannot get consistent quality. Why? Because we're the only ones with a genuine office and staff in Japan selecting cars. We don't purchase or offer any cars we don't see ourselves and check / test carefully.

Do any other companies do this?

No.

We will be here for the foreseeable future supplying high quality sports cars, genuine performance parts and aero parts (no poor quality copies) and creating high quality DVD's of the JDM car culture.

As a further example, because of our involvement in sourcing & supplying base cars for F&F3, we have been offered our choice of genuine cars from the film, as these cars cannot be sold in the USA. We are currently considering whether it's worth taking a trip to LA to purchase and import some to UK (Bearing in mind that cars can only be SVA tested in standard unmodified condition). Perhaps not, as the costs of conversion, etc. will be very high and in reality the cars were mostly built in a rush meaning close up, the quality will likely not be good. We know of cars having expensive leather interiors painted, etc.

Newera is also one of the fastest growing performance parts suppliers - with goods direct from Japan worldwide at fastest possibke delivery. A fresh new parts website to continue developing into largest choice of items on offer from Japan is about to be launched.

I physically see lines of poor quality Supras and other low quality sports cars bound for the UK lining up at Yokohama docks, waiting to go to UK trade auctions, to be sold in exchange for people's hard earned money. This is what members should be warning each other to beware of..

What I have said is simply fact about the Supra market and advising people of where it's likely to be going in the UK.

and stating our position within it. Like some people here, I'm an avid car enthusiast and my company supplies cars I'd like to own myself were I looking for such cars. But like anyone else, I don't like dealing with unreasonable or dishonest individuals.

If members here want to have the best cars, performance parts available only in Japan at discounted prices, etc. then it's in their interests to have integrity and not create problems that aren't really there in the first place.

Miguel.

Just my 2p worth, rather than spouting on how good you are, perhaps you should look at expanding your customer relations. Going by this thread alone there are a few unhappy people with the level of service they have received. You can be the most fantastic company in the world, but if you don't take care of your customers you will soon have no customers at all!! On this forum we have many traders whose customer service is second to none and in means that people will go back to them time and time again.

Remember the adage " If a customer has a good experience he will tell his friend, if a customer has a bad experience he will tell TEN of his friends"

I physically see lines of poor quality Supras and other low quality sports cars bound for the UK lining up at Yokohama docks, waiting to go to UK trade auctions, to be sold in exchange for people's hard earned money. This is what members should be warning each other to beware of..

Miguel.

Miguel, dont forgot, I have seen your cars 1st hand at motormall 2 years ago and I wasnt impressed with that outfit.

Was shocked at the condition of the car that I was interested in. It was dirty, not presentable at all, and looked abused (worn seats, dash, messy engine, bodywork wasnt immaculate) And for the price that you were asking close to £16.5K that I exactly NOT what I was expecting.

Took it out for a testdrive and it was sluggish too, so for a deal I was asking you to give it a service and a proper once over (checking the turbos, etc, etc).

Thx to your lacking sales skills, you weren't keen on negotiating and I am glad I walked away from that example.

Good luck in whatever you do, I for one will keep my distance.

Like they say, 1st impression is the last impression :)

We always deal with any customer's problems fairly.

Tthere are people who don't have much integrity and will try to cause problems or make claims for things which are not appropriate.

One customer on here was asking for a lot of money for items he said were faulty after he'd inspected and collected his car, even though we both knew the car went out fine.

So we asked him to return the car to be inspected so faults he was claiming were could be put right if appropriate. The car was never brought back and we never heard from the customer directly since.

Is it then justifiable for him to complain publically to cause trouble? I think not.

See our sold stock list and you'll find some awesome quality Supras on there, most of which have absolutely delighted owners.

We simply don't stock Supras any more as there are so few decent quality ones for sale in Japan and prices for the best ones don't justify importing.

The low prices poor examples in the UK are setting the standard with nowadays means it's not feasible to pay strong money for them in Japan any more.

Our experience of this one recent customer has left a bad taste in our mouths, further discouraging us from getting involved with these cars.

So instead people have to buy them either off importers who cannot physically inspect these cars and test drive in Japan before purchase, or worse - Supras that are coming into the UK via trade Import auctions.

Sadly, the people that lose out when there's behaviour like this are forum members who want nice Supras.

Miguel.

Thats unfortunate as a Trader on here has imported and continues to import Top quality Supra's for members on the board here and feedback has been excellent. There is still a market for Supra's and many people still willing to pay top dollar.

The same could be said of the Skyline aswell (as many shoddy cheap ones knocking around)

BTW this isn't a dig just seems you may have misread the market somewhat

As I already said, we deal with problems fairly. You're making the assumption that all customers are entirely reasonable people.

Sadly - this is not the case.

If you sell items retail, you'll know this first hand and will have experienced some very unreasonable people.

Miguel.

Fact is you NEVER bought anything from Newera at all and you know this is a fact.

Here's where you publically apologised on the GT-R forum:

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/showthread.php?t=60070

Here's another thread where a customer who has bought many performance parts as well as 2 Skylines over 8 years felt he should post:

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/showthread.php?t=59981

Well all i can go on is facts as i put in the threads on the GTR club and the fact that i sent the money to a newera email account via paypal and the fact that apart from the guage, all the other parts were skyline related that was being sold so to put 2 and 2 together to link it to newera i think is reasonable.

Yes i posted up an apology as i really dont like going public with stuff like that and i feel the thread title could have been worded better but couldnt edit it and once when i was offered the refund it was on the basis that i apologied and stopped the paypal action which i was happy to as i was getting my money back.

To be honest Miguel it seems as if i'm not the only one so yes i know you source some cracking cars and have seen a few myself but as i said in one of my other posts, maybe theres a weak link in your company and needs to be sorted?? just my opinion.

Mike

. We don't purchase or offer any cars we don't see ourselves and check / test carefully.

Do any other companies do this?

No.

Miguel.

thats why u need somebody u can trust in japan,

we get all our cars inspected by our japanese staff or for other highly modded cars the japanese performance dealers we buy them off gives them a full inspection, we cant do more than that when we are in uk.

miguel we know you buy nice cars as i can see your site but its harsh to say we uk based importers dont get them checked out properly etc i know i do, and if anything is wrong upon arrival i rectify in uk, as much as i can possibly do even if it means losing my fee.

the import business is not helped if any false claims are made against cars you import but this is the world we live in.

and yes the supra market in jp is difficult as the prices for good cars there is expensive and in the uk you can now buy tt for less than in jp

As I already said, we deal with problems fairly. You're making the assumption that all customers are entirely reasonable people.

Sadly - this is not the case.

If you sell items retail, you'll know this first hand and will have experienced some very unreasonable people.

Miguel.

So true and if you sell a stearing wheel for a Supra and it does not fit then under the sale of goods act they are enitled to a refund (Not fit for purpose)

Miguel, dont forgot, I have seen your cars 1st hand at motormall 2 years ago and I wasnt impressed with that outfit.

Was shocked at the condition of the car that I was interested in. It was dirty, not presentable at all, and looked abused (worn seats, dash, messy engine, bodywork wasnt immaculate) And for the price that you were asking close to £16.5K that I exactly NOT what I was expecting.

Took it out for a testdrive and it was sluggish too, so for a deal I was asking you to give it a service and a proper once over (checking the turbos, etc, etc).

Thx to your lacking sales skills, you weren't keen on negotiating and I am glad I walked away from that example.

Good luck in whatever you do, I for one will keep my distance.

Like they say, 1st impression is the last impression :)

Let's get facts right here Imi:

You wanted to buy the car after seeing it at Motormall. I have your e-mails on file to prove it. Want me to post them here for all to see?

Fact is you got sour grapes because I wouldn't sell it to you at the price you were offering - some £1,000 less than the asking price at the time. Eventually after repeated e-mails from you I told you to go elsewhere for a car, as I wasn't interested in further negotiation.

We subsequently sold it to someone else - who found it to be immaculate as around 80 pics on our website clearly showed.

Miguel

all the other parts were skyline related that was being sold so to put 2 and 2 together to link it to newera i think is reasonable.

Yes i posted up an apology as i really dont like going public with stuff like that and i feel the thread title could have been worded better but couldnt edit it and once when i was offered the refund it was on the basis that i apologied and stopped the paypal action which i was happy to as i was getting my money back.

Mike

Mike,

Newera doesn't sell handbags, etc. nor does it trade used parts on ebay.

Gareth used a Newera e-mail address to send you a message.

Why?

Because he'd genuinely sent out the goods and so expected them to turn up within a few days.

You knew all the facts before you posted today, plus you've received a full refund from gareth, yet he's lost a gauge he did send to you...

Face it, you were out to cause trouble yet again today - but this time you knew the facts.

An apology would be more appropriate than trying to justify your post.

Miguel.

Let's get facts right here Imi:

You wanted to buy the car after seeing it at Motormall. I have your e-mails on file to prove it. Want me to post them here for all to see?

Fact is you got sour grapes because I wouldn't sell it to you at the price you were offering - some £1,000 less than the asking price at the time. Eventually after repeated e-mails from you I told you to go elsewhere for a car, as I wasn't interested in further negotiation.

Miguel

FACTS ARE RIGHT BUDDY.

I was desperate for a Supra so I was very close to letting my emotions get the better of me, I so would have regretted paying all the money for that average example (it was poor for the money that you were demanding).

I offered to buy it if you would fix the bits that I highlighted OR knock down the price to reflect the work that I needed to get done on it. You weren't keen on selling.

In hindsight, buying that would have been a mistake and I am glad I didnt.

You couldn't care less whether I bought it or not, which is fair enough as there are or were plenty of buyers out there that put their hard earned cash on the table cause of your "reputation".

I was close to doing the same...but didnt ;)

Plus, didnt you knock the price down by £500 in order to shift it a couple of months later?

Mike,

Newera doesn't sell handbags, etc. nor does it trade used parts on ebay.

Gareth used a Newera e-mail address to send you a message.

Why?

Because he'd genuinely sent out the goods and so expected them to turn up within a few days.

You knew all the facts before you posted today, plus you've received a full refund from gareth, yet he's lost a gauge he did send to you...

Face it, you were out to cause trouble yet again today - but this time you knew the facts.

An apology would be more appropriate than trying to justify your post.

Miguel.

Miguel,

How do i know that the guage was not send from newera? i dont!! and to be honest, and i dont mean this so sound like an accusation but i dont know if the guage was ever send? i asked for proof and was never given it hense why i felt i had been ripped off.

The newera email was the one on the paypal account and gareth was a little shocked about that when i told him.

I'm not here to cause trouble, the thread was about poor quality of service from a trader which i feel i have every right to post up about the dealings i have had and trust me if it had been good i would have gladly put that up so it swings both ways.

I do feel your missing the point that a few people have said including me, most of the stuff posted is about aftercare etc so as i said before its worth taking some critisism sometimes to make your business a better one!!

Mike

thats why u need somebody u can trust in japan,

we get all our cars inspected by our japanese staff or for other highly modded cars the japanese performance dealers we buy them off gives them a full inspection, we cant do more than that when we are in uk.

miguel we know you buy nice cars as i can see your site but its harsh to say we uk based importers dont get them checked out properly etc i know i do, and if anything is wrong upon arrival i rectify in uk, as much as i can possibly do even if it means losing my fee.

the import business is not helped if any false claims are made against cars you import but this is the world we live in.

and yes the supra market in jp is difficult as the prices for good cars there is expensive and in the uk you can now buy tt for less than in jp

Jurgen, this is not a knock at you, as I realise you do import some decent quality cars too and have integrity in the way you run your business:

But AFIK you don't have any Japanese Staff working for JM Imports and you don't have a registered business in Japan. You buy via Powervehicles and other suppliers, but these people are independent, not your company's staff.

Andy at Power Vehicles is a good personal friend of mine, as you recently discovered. He's a good guy and knows his cars, although the examples he buys are rarely the same cars I select to purchase for Newera stock.

Miguel.

As I said I rarely complain as I understand what it is like in retail sales...

Unfortunately it would appear that your poor aftercare service is not confined to my experience (!) We must all be wrong...eh? :)

You tried to bully me into accepting you had not made a mistake - when it was YOUR choice of boss to send me - not mine...

Perhaps you are getting too big to care anymore...?

Good luck anyway...It might make you might think twice when dealing with others... :search:

The knowledge i have regarding Newera is that they get cracking cars and are very helpful when purchasing the car however after care is very poor. Customers can be a pain in the a**e we all no that but how does the old saying go...."the customer is always right".

To keep customers happy and to retain business then the service must be right from both start to finish. My family had a slightly bad experience from the start with the attitude and a comment that was made not from Miguel but from a guy that works for him about my father. Not very nice but we just laughed it off in the end!!!

I have never ever used Newera nor do i have any connection with them.

From the attitude displayed from them on here, i dont think i ever would!

I have in the past worked for dealers of UK Used cars (not imports) that sold cars above market price, BUT they then backed it up with EXCELLENT aftersales. the cars were either top notch, or very close to it an were then given a very through inspectiona nd any parts rectified.

The only way you can get away with higher price is to offer something others dont. If your aftersales is failing, then its only a matter of time...

EDITED to say that Having a sly pop at Jurgens business is not good sport. Thumbs down there chap

Miguel,

How do i know that the guage was not send from newera? i dont!! and to be honest, and i dont mean this so sound like an accusation but i dont know if the guage was ever send? i asked for proof and was never given it hense why i felt i had been ripped off.

The newera email was the one on the paypal account and gareth was a little shocked about that when i told him.

I'm not here to cause trouble, the thread was about poor quality of service from a trader which i feel i have every right to post up about the dealings i have had and trust me if it had been good i would have gladly put that up so it swings both ways.

I do feel your missing the point that a few people have said including me, most of the stuff posted is about aftercare etc so as i said before its worth taking some critisism sometimes to make your business a better one!!

Mike

Justified criticism maybe, but where it's unjustified, in public - I feel it's important to set the matter straight.

Youhave never dealt with Newera Imports or Newera Parts directly, you dealt with an individual who is employed by the company who sold items privately and this has been pointed out to you several times already.

We don't sell used items on ebay and as a fair few people on the GTR forum stated, we send all parts (new only) direct from Japan with tracking numbers.

Miguel

Regarding the market, just keep watching Supra prices over the next year or so. Same pattern's developing as has already done for FTO's, MR2's, etc. They're not getting any newer each year.

Miguel.

You have a point however as said before can the same not be said for the Skyline look at the prices of some of those. Yet you still sell them.

Another interesting point is have you seen how many are being written off at present. In America prices have started to increase its only a matter of time before the same happens here.

Also you seem not to have replied to my post around the sale of goods act. Is it not fact that if you have no hard proof (funny that you have no email to back up Pauls claim) then it would be in you interest as a business to refund Paul for a part you supplied in error.

As a "specialist" I would have thought you should be asking the questions to ascertain what part was actually required. You failed to do this ao you have failed the customer. Again under the sale of goods act he os entitled to a refund.

As I said I rarely complain as I understand what it is like in retail sales...

Unfortunately it would appear that your poor aftercare service is not confined to my experience (!) We must all be wrong...eh? :)

You tried to bully me into accepting you had not made a mistake - when it was YOUR choice of boss to send me - not mine...

Perhaps you are getting too big to care anymore...?

Good luck anyway...It might make you might think twice when dealing with others... :search:

Nope. I didn't try to bully you.

By your own admittance, this is not the first boss you've ordered from a supplier which hasn't fitted - but at least the 2nd if not the 3rd. You knew from the outset you'd had this problem, but wanted to order another from us to see if there was any difference.

I double checked the correct part had been supplied and it was.

I then proved it with information from the manufacturer's website.

So why should I stock a part correctly supplied to special order according to the info you gave us?

Miguel.

Jurgen, this is not a knock at you, as I realise you do import some decent quality cars too and have integrity in the way you run your business:

But AFIK you don't have any Japanese Staff working for JM Imports and you don't have a registered business in Japan. You buy via Powervehicles and other suppliers, but these people are independent, not your company's staff.

Andy at Power Vehicles is a good personal friend of mine, as you recently discovered. He's a good guy and knows his cars, although the examples he buys are rarely the same cars I select to purchase for Newera stock.

We're into the cleanest best condition low genuine mileage cars with recent performance mods, not ex drift cars and tuned motors which have been used hard.

Regarding the market, just keep watching Supra prices over the next year or so. Same pattern's developing as has already done for FTO's, MR2's, etc. They're not getting any newer each year.

Miguel.

i know it wasnt a knock on me mate, just tought i mentioned it on here before anybody else got any ideas lol, cars that come into my stock will always be awesome or made to a very high standard but private imports you are then working to their budgets so it can be difficult but hopefully the buyer realises that and knows what he is getting into as we can sell tt for 8k on road or up to 13k and the lower priced ones will need extra work but we cater for all and every budget as the import game is very hard, and we will be as honest as we can.

we have brought some really really nice unmolested highly tuned cars for a big money and we have also bought some highly tuned cars for not as much money the end of the day you get what u pay for and what the customer wants.

at the minute i have a white rex that has cost me a fortune but its a cracker and i will never get my monies back thats went into it but am happy to keep it as long as i can as the rx7 are hard to find in such condition with the miles it has.

anyway all the best miguel