The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newera - Very poor service received!

Dragonball

FACTS ARE RIGHT BUDDY.

I was desperate for a Supra so I was very close to letting my emotions get the better of me, I so would have regretted paying all the money for that average example (it was poor for the money that you were demanding).

I offered to buy it if you would fix the bits that I highlighted OR knock down the price to reflect the work that I needed to get done on it. You weren't keen on selling.

In hindsight, buying that would have been a mistake and I am glad I didnt.

You couldn't care less whether I bought it or not, which is fair enough as there are or were plenty of buyers out there that put their hard earned cash on the table cause of your "reputation".

I was close to doing the same...but didnt ;)

Plus, didnt you knock the price down by £500 in order to shift it a couple of months later?

Car was immaculate as all pictures showed and frankly I didn't appreciate being told my description was inaccurate by you to try to lower the price. I knew it was 100% and I said so. Intimating our descriptions are inaccurate was not the way to get a discount. It just served to further cause me to refuse your offers and politely declined your business.

That VVTi 6 Speed was subsequently bought by someone after viewing in the UK. Unsurprisingly he found it to be exactly as described and shown by pictures on the website.

Miguel

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is from you Miguel (BTW - my name isn't 'Mike' :))

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your order.

We are able to supply a Works Bell steering boss to fit your Supra JZA80. This is fitment for a car that originally came without SRS or cruise control.

Price is: £48.50 + £12.50 P&P.

Total: £61.00

The RZ and GZ fitments are the same - the only difference between cruise etc is the electrics supplied with a boss

However - please do feel free to keep this going ;)

This is from you Miguel (BTW - my name isn't 'Mike' :))

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your order.

We are able to supply a Works Bell steering boss to fit your Supra JZA80. This is fitment for a car that originally came without SRS or cruise control.

Price is: £48.50 + £12.50 P&P.

Total: £61.00

The RZ and GZ fitments are the same - the only difference between cruise etc is the electrics supplied with a boss

However - please do feel free to keep this going ;)

I rest my case funny how he hasn't replied to my posts isn't it :D

My dad bought a Skyline GTR from Newera and Miguel could'nt do enough for him. Once my dad got the car from him there were a few issues and they did not want to no. Very unhelpful. Good sales but crap after care :(

Robbo,

Your father's car is the white 1994 GT-R with Nismo bronze rims, right?

Yes, I remember - a coil pack failed and we didn't pay to bring the car all the way from the North to put it right, but instead told him to use the warranty the car was supplied with.

He didn't want to at first, but in the end he made his claim, the warranty company paid and the matter was resolved.

Your father has since e-mailed to say how he loves the car and how many people have asked him if he wants to sell it. AFIK he's absolutely delighted with it, according to his e-mails. Am I right?

Miguel

Car was immaculate as all pictures showed and frankly I didn't appreciate being told my description was inaccurate by you to try to lower the price. I knew it was 100% and I said so. Intimating our descriptions are inaccurate was not the way to get a discount. It just served to further cause me to refuse your offers and politely declined your business.

That VVTi 6 Speed was subsequently bought by someone after viewing in the UK. Unsurprisingly he found it to be exactly as described and shown by pictures on the website.

Miguel

Miguel....seems like you are calling me a liar or some sort of a cheat. I physically saw the car in the UK @ motormall and I know what I saw.

Anyway, this thread is boring me now. Good for you that there are plenty of buyers out there that will buy from you. Just dont count me with them lot.

People buy from people

I rest my case funny how he hasn't replied to my posts isn't it :D

Didn't see the need to post to you too. Read below.

..Nope. I didn't try to bully you.

By your own admittance, this is not the first boss you've ordered from a supplier which hasn't fitted - but at least the 2nd if not the 3rd. You knew from the outset you'd had this problem, but wanted to order another from us to see if there was any difference.

I double checked the correct part had been supplied and it was.

I then proved it with information from the manufacturer's website.

So why should I stock a part correctly supplied to special order according to the info you gave us?

Miguel.

Didn't see the need to post to you too. Read below.

Ok but the fact and the supporting email makes it quite clear that you should be refunding Paul. IMO anyway.

Just remember a this for future reference. " I am the sort of customer you love, I never complain but when things are wrong I like them to be sorted. I don't kick off when things are not rectified and I have received bad after sales. I shop somewhere else and make sure other people don't suffer the same injustice"

Ok but the fact and the supporting email makes it quite clear that you should be refunding Paul. IMO anyway.

Just remember a this for future reference. " I am the sort of customer you love, I never complain but when things are wrong I like them to be sorted. I don't kick off when things are not rectified and I have received bad after sales. I shop somewhere else and make sure other people don't suffer the same injustice"

No, we shouldn't.

If the part was correctly supplied according to the fitment information given there is no reason for refund. Fact is the correct part number was sent out, as proven to the customer.

Miguel.

Miguel

You might still save the situation and just put it all down to a 'bad hair day' - but the more you go on the further on the back foot you will get

The fact is

I had no idea of 'part number'...

I just wanted the boss you said would fit...

It doesn't...

Now - would you like to keep going or just admit that you might have been a little premature - you had a bad day and you will sort it all out to my satisfaction?

Easy really...

No, we shouldn't.

If the part was correctly supplied according to the fitment information given there is no reason for refund. Fact is the correct part number was sent out, as proven to the customer.

Miguel.

although it may be true that you don't HAVE to give him a refund, do you think it's wise to advertise the fact that you're so inflexible with regards to returning unwanted products?

would certainly make me think twice before buying something from you i'm afraid.

No, we shouldn't.

Miguel.

Funny no mention of the part number in the email that is for you and your supplier to sort out.

Oh you might need this

http://www.edirectory.co.uk/pf/images/products/955/images/spade.jpg

No, we shouldn't.

Miguel.

The part number makes no difference to me - you chose the part number not me :)

Paul started the thread off by saying the following:

"1. I purchased a steering wheel boss from Miguel (Splash Boss)

2. No mention or choice of model number by me - just an assurance from him that it would fit for none airbag / SRS RZ etc - Hoorah!"

Assurance FROM YOU that it would fit and it didnt.

what say you?

No, we shouldn't.

Miguel.

Wouldn't you have found if the customer had the wrong part and it was returned, as "good customer service" offer him a refund of your own volition, then this thread would have been slightly different.

This feels a little childesh and wayward now guys. Sorry to but in, but I've never bought anything of Newera and haven't had any experience with other traders. I could personally say I'm very dissapointed with the service offered by Lucifer and co at the MKIV store - little reply to emails and Pms, no callback, full answering mailbox etc. Because of this they lost over £700 of my cash and I'm now trying to source a Racelogic unit elsewhere. But I know others, probably the majority 99% have had excellent service from them so maybe it's just a hickup.

The whole point is everyone makes mistakes and to slant traders or buyers over a thread is a little unjustified as others have had excellent experience.

Think the best bet is to just leave it. All the best Miguel and I don't intend on letting the above put me off trading with you at somepoint in the future. ;)

Correct part number as listed on the link posted to the manufacture's website is 534.

Part number supplied: 534.

I'm so far impressed so far by how logically minded you guys are...

Miguel.

Correct part number as listed on the link posted to the manufacture's website is 534.

Part number supplied: 534.

I'm so impressed so far by how logical you guys are! :p

Miguel.

Does it matter realy what the part number is? Be it 534, 596 1056843828384 or anything similar.

the product does not fit, it does not fit, it does not fit!

how many more times?!

reminds me of John Cleese in a parrot shop!

Who cares about the part Number that is irrelevent the fact is in your email (posted up). You have clearly stated a boss for a JZA80 supra has been ordered. It didn't fit so it is not as described simple as that. I can not see anywhere in you email a reference to the fact that there are differences in types.