how many miles can you get for a ten pounds of petrol

Guest supratuning

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

are you telling me you cant do 50 miles for ten pounds of petrol in a supra because thats what i get with my punto

Please dont be offended, but you need to do some more research before making any choices, the fact your comparing supra consumption to a 1.1 litre car tells me your not too clued up about cars??

I think if your worried about consumption, dont go near a supra, they are very thirsty cars, big engine, heavy car = big thirst

have you considered an mr2 or 200sx, im sure they may be a little easier on fuel

Your Punto is either completly shagged, or you drive like a muppet.

My 1.3 Econobox gets 90 miles from a tenner if I thrash the absolute living arse off it- 110miles is more usual, but i have got 130miles miles out of a tenner driving steady like a suicide bomber in Tel Aviv...

In the Supe 50 is usual, 70 is saintly, and I'm sure I got it down to a pound a mile at Bruntingthorpe!

No offence but if you are questioning the MPG then you are going to soil yourself when it's time to replace the discs and pads...

Just wondering how many miles can you get for a ten pounds of petrol because i get 50-55 miles now on my 1.1 punto and i was thinking if it is similer i should upgrade to a supracar

cant answer that cause I would be surprised if we pay the same per ltr of fuel.

if its any help I get 20mpg out of mine in central london. high twenties, low thirties on the motorway.

i did once do a test to see how much £10 got for me, and its usually around 33/34 miles before the light comes on. iv never actually driven it while the lights on for long so cant say exactly how much before the tanks dry. i like to keep certain things moist ;)

You must be driving your punto like you stole it!!:p

I have a punto i use for work and i get around 80miles to a tenner, whereas the supe is around 50-60miles to 10squid

50-60 miles to £10 in the supra? damn what are you doing? pushing it?? :p

Guest supratuning

i have sold my R32 skyline to buy a supra, maybe i should stick to the skyline and buy another one after listening to you guys. by the way i work in a garage so maintanance isnt a problem at all.

if your thinking of a tt mate you got to expect around 20mpg on a good day, and then after bpu im sure it drops a little. but you could consider getting a supra for the weekend or a part time car? and keep the fiat for long journeys and every day driving?

Seriously speaking, around town on a tenner in an NA supe (my experience to date - and about to change) - I got between 16-21mpg depending on the amount of lead in my right shoe, giving you between 38 - 50 miles per tenner (oops usually bordering the 38 ;) - driving miss daisy becomes more eco vialable at this rate, but bloody well nowhere near as fun)... If you are talking motorway: 58-62 miles per tenner spent (at current prices approx) - drops rapidly away with passing annoying middle laners ;).

+ what imi said, we all pay different ammounts especially as some of us are buying Optimax etc.

I guessed at an average £4 a litre or just over, so at my usual 22-23mpg I was getting; £10 would go for about 50 miles.

All you guys averaging 30 miles from a tenner (12mpg!!!!) need to get your cars checked!

And a 1.1 Punto doing 20mpg has some serious issues!! What colour is you exhaust smoke again? :p

You had an R32 Skyline? What kind of mpg did that do? If your Fiat's knackered then you might not find the Supra that much of a shock.

i have sold my R32 skyline to buy a supra, maybe i should stick to the skyline and buy another one after listening to you guys. by the way i work in a garage so maintanance isnt a problem at all.

Was your R32 a GTR or GTS? My b/f has had 2 R33 GTS-t's and has had an R32 GTR and now has an R33 GTR. What year was your R32 and what was the spec? Would say the fuel costs on an N/A Supra and a GTS or GTS-T will be roughly the same.