Guest supratuning

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:wtf: Please tell me this is a wind up! :blink:

If i had to put £10 of petrol in my supra at the garage i would have to hide my face in shame! :blush:

Anyone who does this, shame on you! I dont care if your skint, leave the car at home! :D

I put £10 petrol in the Supra sometimes, just when I need it filled to the 'F' mark. i.e. only when it needs a little topping up, as I like to have a full tank of fuel most of the time ;)

I don't find it shameful :run:

Guest merlin2002

Thought I would join in lol, I just sold my 300zx TT which would do about about 20miles on a tenner, so thinking of getting a Supra N/a, my 300zx drank more fuel than any car I have owned yet, including GTO 3000cc TT and R32 GTS-t, so going back to where I started with a N/a Supra

Rob

Are you kidding

Thats very very cheap i thought that was a price for a NA when i first saw that post.

Surely not 3k

nono

I am quite sure that was right, another one for sale and 5k for a UK tt

shocking what kind of cheap supra out there and I am sure they are rubbish quality too. That wouldnt stop any chav buying will it?

• 2 weeks later...

starting to think my car needs a tune up...

35 to a tenner today and that was taking it easy...Auto NA

i've just seen the "LPG Supra" thread aswell and its got me thinking :confused:

starting to think my car needs a tune up...

35 to a tenner today and that was taking it easy...Auto NA

It is not really possible to 'tune' a Supra in this sense of the word, as pretty much everything is controlled electronically by the ECU computer.

First thing I would try is to reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. Then go for a drive for a few miles, it may run a bit rough to start with, but the ECU will relearn certain settings after a few minutes driving.

If this does not help improve things, then it's most likely to be old worn out oxygen sensors. The oxygen sensor is one of the most important sensors, if it is not working properly, the ECU gets a poor reading and pumps in big bucket fulls of fuel, to ensure the engine does not run lean.

Replacing the oxygen sensors (2 on an NA) with new ones is an easy job and they should improve fuel economy, make your engine run smoother at lower rpms and reduce emissions. New O2 sensors are a little pricey, but they will pay for them selves quite quickly in fuel savings.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=35940

On the oxygen sensor issue mine has double de cat and the oxygen sensor is not attached at all, just pushed behind a heatshield. I know because it fell out from its hiding place one day outside the local Toyota garage as it happens so they put it back for free.

Is this likely to be causing me any fueling issues at all? Car is only NA but still?

Drinks like a fish in traffic but on a run she isn't bad. I can get about 300/340 to a tank but as i say traffic crawl really makes it slurp.

m.

On the oxygen sensor issue mine has double de cat and the oxygen sensor is not attached at all, just pushed behind a heatshield. I know because it fell out from its hiding place one day outside the local Toyota garage as it happens so they put it back for free.

Is this likely to be causing me any fueling issues at all? Car is only NA but still?

Drinks like a fish in traffic but on a run she isn't bad. I can get about 300/340 to a tank but as i say traffic crawl really makes it slurp.

m.

your fuel consumption sounds about right to me mate.

Are you sure the sensor was the O2 sensor and not the temperature sensor for the cat? When the cats are removed normally the cat temp sensor is tied up out of the was, this has no effect on the running of the car.

If your O2 sensor was removed you would definitely hear it, because it woud leave a 1cm hole in your exhaust manifold which would be very noisy. I tend to think it will have been the temp sensor, not the O2 sensor.

The O2 sensor is usually the main reason for poor fuel economy, it is very likely to be this, even on your NA. O2 sensors should be renewed around every 3 years (depending on mileage done).

Here are a couple of links that explain things fully:

http://www.accessconnect.com/oxygen.htm

http://www.autohausaz.com/html/emissions-oxygen_sensors.html

Just wondering how many miles can you get for a ten pounds of petrol because i get 50-55 miles now on my 1.1 punto and i was thinking if it is similer i should upgrade to a supracar

I get about 280-300 miles to £70 so I suppose 40 ish to £10 and this is the thirstiest car I have had even more than 4 litre v8 jag. thats some thirsty Punto you have!!!

i have sold my R32 skyline to buy a supra, maybe i should stick to the skyline and buy another one after listening to you guys. by the way i work in a garage so maintanance isnt a problem at all.

I had a R33 with grade one mods (400bhp ish) and that was slightly better mpg than the Supe I have now although this is auto as well

LOOOOL ....a 3000cc and a 1100cc big different....supra is a big more solid and heavier aswell, has more electrics and more hi tech stuff....and you have to be realistic mate....when you jump from a 1.1 to a 3.0 supercar you rigth foot will get so excited at the peddle it will be so hard not to push ur car every now and then....expecially with the added attention ull get to show off and that...