Track Day

Bobbeh

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just got home as I took a detour to visit Nan so I am knackered.

Thanks for telling us about the trackday Bobbeh, it was fantastic. Great to meet you guys as always and to witness our cars mixing it up with the other marques is a treat indeed! These cars continue to amaze me in terms of their capability on track - so much better than I am lol!

My only real regret is that i didnt have my miami-gt exhaust when myself and Homer went through Hatfield tunnel on the way back!:p

Take care :cool:

We asked after him several times, but I don't remember seeing a black RS at all!

Just spoke to him and he was definitely there. He said he went out on his own first and shat himself. Then an instuctor talked him through it. He mentioned the Testarossa spinning out or something? Did you guys get there quite early? He seemed to think he saw Supras earlier on - He sounded quite confused, lol

Really gutted I missed this one, just had too much to do plus my car was way to loud on boost :(

My car measured at 95db with the Mongoose exhaust on! I just had a quick look at upcoming trackdays via bookatrack and even the static limit at Oulton Park (106db) is too low for my other exhaust. What did yours measure at?

Rgds,

Yeah the Testarossa went in to the gravel trap just outside the pits, they ended up getting the Red flags out while they pulled it out. Probably an expensive paint job required on that one :)

There were plenty of Porkas there, GT3's and a yellow RUF RS which looked stripped out with a roll cage, they were very quick.

I have a fun day today, checking nuts, brakes and bearings and the like as somethings gone on mine. Lucky I have the Civic right? :D

Just spoke to him and he was definitely there. He said he went out on his own first and shat himself. Then an instuctor talked him through it. He mentioned the Testarossa spinning out or something? Did you guys get there quite early? He seemed to think he saw Supras earlier on - He sounded quite confused, lol

A pity we didn't meet him. But equally, you should have let him know to come over to the Supras and say hi :-) We don't bite - usually lol.

When I arrived at around 8.30, the other guys were already there. Homer arrived before the gates opened I think :p

Rgds

Yeah the Testarossa went in to the gravel trap just outside the pits, they ended up getting the Red flags out while they pulled it out. Probably an expensive paint job required on that one :)

There were plenty of Porkas there, GT3's and a yellow RUF RS which looked stripped out with a roll cage, they were very quick.

I have a fun day today, checking nuts, brakes and bearings and the like as somethings gone on mine. Lucky I have the Civic right? :D

Mate I hope it is nothing too serious.

Three cars spun along the pit straight - black Evo, an elise and the testarossa. It was a strange place to lose it as they were no where near the hairpin at the end.

Rgds,

Had a great time yesterday, was good to see you all again and I really enjoyed being a passenger :)

Pity it took until lunchtime to get on the track but a full day would have a been a bit too much for some I think, I know Bignum do £100 in fuel just for that afternoon :blink:

Just glad everyone got to take there cars home in one piece. Bobbeh you really need to get some slicks and save yourself some cash mate! You can't go buying £750 worth of tires every couple of track days :blink: :D

Well I got them mainly because I needed to drive with them on there and back etc, I was told when I called up I couldnt take a support vehicle, which seems to have been a load of tat. Slicks maybe an option for when these die, but I've also been told before that the Toyos dont favour heavier cars as they're quite a soft compound.. but they worked really well, not much was faster around the corners... apart from Si :D

BTW, are you still on the stock LSD simon?

Loved it when I went out with Homer, in car conversation went a bit like this:

Homer: There's Bobbeh

Burna: Quick catch him!

(Bobbeh then shoots around the corner for the long back straight)

Homer: Look at that grip!

(Bobbeh disappears of into the distance on the back straight :D )

Amazing amount of grip for road tyres mate :thumbs:

Also:

Homer: What gear is this corner?

Burna: 2nd? (What's he asking me for? I drive an auto and don't have a clue what all this gear business is he's talking about :p :D )

Toyo 888s. The Pirelli Corsas I was also considering would have cost me £100 more (for just the tyres) than I got the Toyos for which included them being fitted and balanced.

TBH for a session learning the limits of my car etc, I decided to go for the 'cheaper' option to start as I probably wouldnt benefit from the more expensive option from day one, if you get me?

They were great.. maybe put too much stress on my setup.. either them or Homer anyway ;) :D

Some amusing banter going on here lolol!

I was running kumho ecsta sport ku31s. My car is an everyday runner and these now have a couple track sessions behind them. Not let me down yet - but I am probably not quick enough lol! It was amusing observing the rolled up bits of rubber still stuck to them:cool:

jesus those tyres look like they took some abuse, i dont think you would get many trackdays out of them and still be useable on the road, expensive game isent it, good look with the car and let us know when the next trackday is.

Glad you guys made it back ok and also hope your brother gets his gearbox sorted. I was watching you out on track together, very impressive:cool:

Rgds