Track Day

Bobbeh

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Feedback on the circuit, what is it like ?

How are they for noise levels and scrutineering etc.

Can you take another car in with you with wheels and parts etc ?

Hopefully i can get on a track day soon.

The GT Circuit is good fun, good mix of straights, sweeping long corners and a couple of real sharp ones. (4.5 miles too)

The best thing about it is the amound of run off, ie if you start to come out of a corner too quickly you've got loads of room and space incase you cock up or if you chose to run wide.. so what :)

Noise levels, I didnt have any issues with my Veilside Ti with cats.. and that was without the baffle. They are strict, but just get something you can use or make up a baffle, you can turn up and if you pass the standard checks but fail the track tests they'll give you a chance to sort it. But its understandable why they're strict, sadly because they're newer they have tougher regulations.

Its an excellent circuit for a newbie. Its flat, which makes it a 'tiny' bit dull but there are some undulations around the track for some bumpiness :)

As for support vehicles.. I dont think they want people doing that, but tbh if you turned up with your stuff I dont think they'd tell you to bugger off, if they did theres plenty of places before you get there where you could make changes etc.

There was a great mix of cars there too.

Sounds like great fun, I went there a while back when my car was stock and only had it a few months, and I was the only Supra there. First time on a track for me too and it was totally like diving in at the deep end without being able to swim... I wonder how I'd cope now, 2 years on and bpu. If they'd let me in with bpu, how many db would I be making with full decat and veilside Ti exhaust? Too many?

Glad you all put in a good word for the supra, I bet after my performance all that time ago they would have thought it was a piece of shite!