Track Day

Bobbeh

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We just measured my car and without baffle its 113db @4500rpm and with baffle 108db @4500rpm.

As mention in PM, nice to meet you yesterday, your car is awesome :D The pick up from 3.5krpm is so much better than my BPU car, when it comes on boost christ its quick!

We managed to get a better check (open air rather than where I tested it before) on my RSR with baffle and it came out at 99db max. Going to stick with that for the track day... It seems as quiet as a mouse from the drivers seat!

I've pulled out because my zorst is too noisy :(, also a slipping clutch! My mate with the 1992 Porshe Carrera RS has confirmed the booking.

I'll come to watch. Muffleman, if you do pick your car up from Turbofit that day and are going to this event, would you mind giving me a lift as I'm dropping my car off to Knight-Racer that morning?

Cheers,

Ro

I've pulled out because my zorst is too noisy :(, also a slipping clutch! My mate with the 1992 Porshe Carrera RS has confirmed the booking.

I'll come to watch. Muffleman, if you do pick your car up from Turbofit that day and are going to this event, would you mind giving me a lift as I'm dropping my car off to Knight-Racer that morning?

Cheers,

Ro

No worries Ro. I dont think Muff is coming m8. Get your mate to add you as a passenger, that way you can get a ride with him :)

Bad luck Ro :(

I'm heading past Milton keynes at stupidly early hours so can offer a lift to Bedford if its any good.

How stupidly early Darryl? :D I might take you up on the offer :)

No worries Ro. I dont think Muff is coming m8. Get your mate to add you as a passenger, that way you can get a ride with him :)

Is that an option when you book or can you do it on the day without too much hassle?

Cheers,

Ro

How stupidly early Darryl? :D I might take you up on the offer :)

Just realised it's not so close the MK, the nearest I'll be is J13 M1 but can take a detour to pick you up if its not too far!

I have to be there at 08.30 at the VERY latest, so probably be at J13 of the M1 by 07.45 latest.

You've got my number so we can chat closer to the day.

Is that an option when you book or can you do it on the day without too much hassle?

The impression I got from the company handling it was that you could 'upgrade' on the day, but you might want to check with them first - link is in Bobbeh's 1st post.

I would love to do this Bobbeh but my cars a bit bent, chassis leg needs pulling, shocks are fecked and i keep getting a intermittent misfire when the car is warm,cold or bored. I wouldnt mind coming up to watch or bringing my uncles 996 Carrera 2 so you can all see how yours fair against it?!

I`D blow it away:D

• 2 weeks later...
Just need to check whether miami-gt zorst with insert is quiet enough. Oh and get wheel alignment setting checked. Fingers crossed for good weather :-)

I've got the db meter back from Wez so we can test on Sunday :)

Hope he makes it. If hes fitting stock cat back system I'm sure he'll pass the noise tests?!

Homer, are you going on Sunday, if so we'll have a chat :)

I hope so too. Yes, I'll be there Bobbeh, will keep an eye out for you!