The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance

jagman

this does sound good, was with lancaster before on an awesome deal for my situation, but this cuts that in half.

really does sound too goo to be true, im guesn it wont be like for like cover or agreed value, but most insurers aernt anyway so for 450 you cant complain

there must be some catches though, surely!

cantw ait to find out how this goes tommorrow now :)

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

track day insurance as well! you are taking the piss,but I will ask ,also for europe wide cover which I doubt,I will also ask about agreed values but I suspect it will be book values,how would you value the modifications? especially as most of them are done with second hand parts-well on this board they are:) pikeys

Jagman - My Insurance is up at the end of this month so will be very interested to hear what the cover is like.

agreed value?

like for like?

modified okay?

imports okay?

age restrictions?

area restrictions (i.e. South East only)?

limited mileage?

Thanks for thinking of us

Mike

I will certainly ask any and all questions put up and would suggest he put all the answers on his website as if the questions you ask would be asked by the general public as well ,so it would make sense for him to put on the web .

thinking about it is £440 that cheap or is it we are all just so used to getting ripped by insurance that it seems to good to believe? strikes me that every big city I go to the biggest and best skyscrapers are all owned by insurance companies yet they constantly tell us about massive losses on earthquakes/tsunamis/landslides/floods/terrorism etc etc

ohhhh this is AWSOME! IF this is true and not a scam of any kind i would save approx £1200 on a years insurance :p

Think i'll wait until they kick off properly, then if everything seems ok cancel my current insurance, take this policy and have quite a bit of spare cash to go on a spending spree lol get ready traders!! wooooo hoooooooo!!!!!!

yeah does look a bit pikey doesn't it.

well u never know if this insurance does pull through the price of cars like supes,tvr and other performance cars might rise in price. what i wanna know is what happens to no claims bonus and do i get another 1yrs ncb at the end of this policy, if the price is fixed then what is the need for ncb.

yeah does look a bit pikey doesn't it.

Too right m8 but it may be low-cost thrills in order to keep the financial outgoings to a minimum.

My only observation in relation to the web-site is that it doesn't mention many insurance specifics relating to performance jap cars (i.e. there is 'nothing' mentioned, including no reference to 900BHP Supe motors being insured if its under 16K).

Just an observation but I would be surprised if they are going to allow highly modded Jap car owners to participate. If they are, then I'll be first on their list!!

i rang this company as my 18 yr old daughter is driving a mgzr 120 on my insurance with her as named driver and the renewal cost is going to be £880

but with http://www.4allinsure.com it is onty £440 fully com in her own name they will take up to 12 points and any car any driver any age as long as you have a full licence bargain i believe it only covers private use

Gambie

UPDATE, sorry I cant be arsed to reply to PMs so I will just put on here what I have found out today , Firstly it is not a scam ,(am I the bringer of good news or what?) The underwriters were until 2 days ago eeasy brokers and zurich insurance 75/25% but eeasy brokers have bought out zurich insurance 25% so now 100% eeasy brokers , they are new to car insurance underwriting having been shipping/boat underwriters before,so its a new field for them,I passed on to them that the website looked a bit pikey ,(your comments ) and they have changed it .I spoke with their company rep/marketing chap and explained that most would find it too good to be true , he replied that fixed price policies are not new and many countries like the US have had this for years and it is only new in the UK and that people would soon get used to it,however they are FSA /BIBA REGISTERED and would be putting that info on their site

The policies are £275 TPFT AND £440 FULL COMP , The maximum value of car is £16000 , NO restrictions on modifications ,NO restrictions on age ,NO restrictions on vehicle, TPFT UK only COMP covers all EU countries,only DRIVER covered and ONLY on the insured vehicle ,£500 excess MANDATORY.

NO restrictions on points,however you must inform them if you gain more points (as we all will) there is no "no claims" scheme -its a fixed policy

Guest huwt4ng

Just gave them a bell....Im 17 and there more than happy to insure me on a 3ltr NA???? Is this madness gone politcally correct?

(Sorry, I heard that quote on the Now show, and thought it sounded good)

Sounds good, but my concern is loads of 17 years olds buying cars (or parents buying cars) that are way too powerful for them and ploughing into other road users. I realise that many younger drivers are careful and responsible etc, but many arn't. At least high insurance prices does mean that people gain experience of driving on the road before getting more powerful vehicles, which can't be a bad thing...

J

Guest huwt4ng

I agree totally Jaymdee, and I think after the high rise in car related teen deaths, the gov or the insurers will rethink their policies.

Huwt4ng. :)

continued ; private domestic,social & pleasure use only to from work included, DOES NOT COVER commercial activities,racing,competitions,track days,4x4 off road events, does not cover airport aprons,use by motor trade,or hiring. NO requirements for thatcham alarms,NO requirements for garaged at night, windscreen covered subject to £500 excess,hi fi covered to a max of £500 , legal cover to a max of 10 times the car value or £50000 max.

NO cover of vehicle if being towed or on trailer, CAR INSURED FOR MARKET VALUE or new car of same spec,so yes you can have mods without loading but they only pay market value on claim less £500 excess, NO postcode loading its a fixed price policy,NO import car loading, they will have a claim line number on the website and claims settled same as any other insurance company. They are clearly targeting the younger / modified market as oldies like myself would not really benefit except for paying for the kids insurance:) they expect the youngsters to use them for the first few years then move on to other insurance companies for NCB when they are older,or for modified/import cars ,all in all a result for some and a major result for others.