The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance

jagman

apparently you all seem to base a companies validity on the quality of their website,surely if you wanted to scam people- easy just have a fantastic website! you lot would be hooked:)

I agree, just because they have a crap website it doesn't mean they aren't legit... but when the company they say they are resellers for also don't have a website, and the company they are agents for's website has seemingly expired, I don't trust them. And there's sod all information on all three companies when doing a quick search around on the internet.

It also mentions nothing on their site about being underwritten by zurich, and you yourself said they were now 100% Eeasy brokers so I've no idea why you mention that.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish id not seen this now as feel like im being ripped off for insurance, will be paying up three times this amount ina few weeks and i thought i was getting a good quote!

Could you not sign up for this with your credit card and if there's any problems just cancel the payment?

if it was a scam and you paid on credit card you could claim it back.

your current ncb stays valid for 3 years so you could take this for 2 years then go back to the ncb youre on now. (as long as you dont crash! lol)

if car is written off it depends on condition and company, its Not usually written into policy.

i bought mine back when it was written off for a tiny bit of cosmetic damage (silly assessor) then used the other 10 grand for a trd kit, ha ha!

your current ncb stays valid for 3 years so you could take this for 2 years then go back to the ncb youre on now. (as long as you dont crash! lol)

2 yrs mate, i was told 3 yrs and lost my no claims :( so basically take this policy and then renew just under 2 yrs with your no claims...so it will be 2 yrs cheap followed by 1 yr exspensive and plus side if u crash when not using your no claims you dont loose them :D

CJ - I dont know is the simple answer , but I suspect yes just buy 2 fixed policies? I still dont know 100% that it is real , it does seem radical for insurers I hope it is... I think a call to the FSA is required , but if they are advertising in max power every man, and his dog ,and his dogs best friend is going to want to know about it and every shitbox fiesta/corsa/uno/ group 1/2 insurance car will be worth less than a skip!!!

I hope this insurance thing is going to come to fruition. SKY quoted me £1000 and Adrian Flux have just quoted £835.00. All mods declared with an agreed value of 12K for both.

Hope this is not a wind-up as I'm the first one to go for a good deal!

I am sure this is not a wind up (Jagman doesn't do humour) but am also sure that there wont be an agreed valuation option.

2 yrs mate, i was told 3 yrs and lost my no claims :( so basically take this policy and then renew just under 2 yrs with your no claims...so it will be 2 yrs cheap followed by 1 yr exspensive and plus side if u crash when not using your no claims you dont loose them :D

3 years with churchill and sun alliance, used mine after 2.5 years in hybernation because of accident/ban, this was only last september so doubt its changed since then.

you might have lost your ncb because of an insurance salesman that didnt know what he was talking about!

I have to say that this seems barely credible. Nothing to do with their site either.

Just a few weeks back, Standard and Poor (an independent company that provides credit ratings/investment indices on major companies) said in a report that UK Motor Insurers would have to raise premiums in the near future. This is because on average, motor insurers are paying out £113 for every £100 of premium they receive. This is obviously a situation that cannot be sustained. I think Norwich Union currently pays out £104 for every £100 of premium.

To enter the motor insurance market with a fixed price product like this wouldn't be such a bad idea if they applied some sort of minimum acceptance criteria to at least try to avoid the worst risks, but this company doesn't seem bothered about this. This looks suspicious in itself.

This product will certainly attract the bad risks. Think about it. The best risks for motor insurance will probably be paying around this figure anyway. Even if they're paying £550, will they think it will be worth the extra excesses (particularly the windscreen one!) to save £110? So many of the best risks will stay where they are - with their current insurers. Amongst others, this company will attract the max-power brigade and who knows how much they will end up paying out in claim settlements? With a smaller 'per policy' income too, the sums won't add up for long. All this will do will be to put the bigger insurance companies in an even stronger position as they will lose their worst risks (that they didn't want anyway) to this company and keep the good risks.

The product looks so 'non-standard' that I'd want to read their T's and C's very carefully before going with them.

The insurance industry over recent years has become more and more sophisticated in how it rates risks and applies loadings etc to motor policies in order to make sure that risks are identified more accurately and premiums reflect a 'truer' level of risk. To simplify the situation like this by throwing rating factors out the window completely could turn out to be financial suicide - unless they plan on not paying out where at all possible.

Agreed.

the money is to be made off kids insuring stuff worth thousands for absolutely nothing but only paying "market value" for the car. If you have an NA-T at 12K i bet they'd only give you back an NA off the boat 3k if you were lucky. Still you've saved all that insurance cash so it is fine!

I think this will be nice and legal and fine until something goes wrong, after that, good luck making a claim.

m.

I have tried contacting the FSA to find out if this is kosher or not , as either way people would need to know, all they could tell me was that under the names that I gave them they were not registered , So I say to them "this is a scam then" they replied that under the trading names I gave them they are not registered , but they may be registered under another trading name so may be ligit, also they could be operating under another larger insurance co who are regulated , but have some sort of "approved" agents under their FSA registered number- So that didnt help then!

But they have already issued insurance certs as I have seen one , these may or may not be just paper? IF its that easy ive got loads of paper and a printer , I can insure your single supra for a quid ,underwritten by my great uncle Bulgaria.....in turn underwritten by ...

So still open verdict on this one