The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My car got keyed a little bit...

nismo_lp

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glad your getting it sorted mate... the mess they made of the car looks terrible!!

I honestly didn't know insurance companys pay out for this sort of thing!!! My mr2 was keyed about a year and a half ago and cost me £650!!!!! If only I knew!

this bill is close too £4.5 K :( if they didnt pay out i would have been truely fuked!

You have every right to use CCTV covering your drive (it is public roads and places that you cannot cover without a licence)

Not sure about this. Private individuals (not companies & local authorities etc) can basically record what they like on CCTV. If anyone doesn't like it they have to take civil action against the owner to get it moved.

For example one guy I know had his car keyed like this, so fitted 8 cameras around his house with night vision & sound on 24 hour recording.

The people opposite (who were suspects for the keying) complained, but as the one camera they complained about was centred on the road and only covered the drive of their property there was nothing that they could do to get it moved.

Needless to say his car hasn't been keyed again, and the people opposite have been nicked a number of times based on the footage ;)

Only seen this thread till now. Really awful stuff that people do these days :( are you gnna be getting cctv installed when the car comes back?

All done ... was fitted about 2 days after ... incase they came back for my dads car... now that wud have been bad news!

Thats really shocking...

wtf is going on... pure jealousy if you ask me and as said earlier probably filmed on a mobile phone...

total mindless bas***ds

Can't understand what thrill anyone would get out of doing that

Must admit I have been thinking about cctv for a while (not that we have probs) but a total dickhead tried to break into my garage at 10.00am one morning to try and nick my 13yr old lads moto x

Long story and the same teenager (about 17-18 i think ) mugged him of his phone 3 mths later,

All went to the Police etc and now 5 mths later after being arrested etc etc he is still walking the streets and no compo for the phone...

Police are totally useless.. you can really see why people take the law into their own hands,

Hence a few of the older lads who found out about the mugging .. erm sorted it ... with my blessing

• 2 weeks later...

This is how i recieved the bumper... about 3 inches is missing from 1 edge... various holes dents and scratches :(

They manged to recreate the missing (smashed off) edge and obviouly repair the holes etc but unfortunatley they did not fit the bumper until it was fully painted etc ... resulting in an awful fit and end result (gaps etc) :(

Will put the final pics up in a new thread!

office4 005.jpg

Image047.jpg

Image057.jpg

The company i got the bumper off are actually really good ... the damage is due to the postage ... its a big shame tho! The damage alone was £100 and it still doesnt fit correctly ... will probably cost an additional £100 to get it to fet then it going to need repainting :( after all that it may have been better to just get an original?

Just read your thread, feel for you mate, id be wanting serious revenge if it was me. little fucking chavs, thats what they are mate, hope you get the supe fixed :(

Silver 94 J-spec n/a

18'' gewalt gold racing alloys

Lowered

Limited slip diff

Blitz nur spec cat back

HKS front pipe

2nd cat removed and as noisy as hell!! :eyebrows:

And lots more to come..........