The mkiv Supra Owners Club

F****** Dvla

Tom S

got home from work and opened my mail today.

Letter from Poole - DVLA

FAILURE TO RELICENSE VEHICLE - (Car Reg)

Dear Mr Sawyer,

according to our records, you were the unregistered keeper of this vehicle on the 01/06/06..........

What pisses me off is that when i bought he car and TRANSFERRED MY REG PLATE from the supra I did so at a DVLA office as you have to.

So how the F*** can I get this letter. I paid for 12 months tax at the same time. Even the police have me as registered.

So tomorrow is going to be spent making complaints and demanding an apology. Really steaming here,

Rant over................................

Nope, they're idiots. Bought a car for work a couple of months ago and it had no tax, so the next day I taxed it online. What it didn't make obvious was that the tax disc would be sent to the current registered owners address, not the address of the person taxing the car. So the next day I had to take the green slip from the v5c and tax it at the post office. The car is now taxed TWICE ! I wrote to them straight away with all the evidence\proof, no reply. Have written again - no reply ! Assholes.

Yeah 'do it online' it's much easier, but don't do it if you have only just bought the car :rolleyes:

Yeah 'do it online' it's much easier, but don't do it if you have only just bought the car :rolleyes:

Cool thing is, once you have paid for it online, you are not taxed :D you need to get the tax disc before you can drive (illegal to drive with no tax disc) which can take up to 5 days, go DVLA!

I've heard of people sending off their license, and it coming back with extra/missing categories. One guy phoned to complain that his bike license had been removed by accident, and they said unless he could prove he'd passed, he'd have to redo the test.

Make a copy before you send it off....