The mkiv Supra Owners Club

237mph road legal supra

mr lover

So your saying that the 237MPH claimed by this car is true. Just to put into balance Jun just about scraped 249.292 With a shit load more power gearing, aero and money ( coz wind does matter ;) ).

200+ is Very achiveable Just not as simple as made out and very rarely proven with the correct equipment.

If someone on this BBS has gone over 200+ with proof ( not worked out on a calculator) Then hats of to them. But i cant see it being very many.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and................I have a road test somewhere done in the states with proper equipment showing the std car could do 182mph unrestricted. Toyota claimed 185mph unlimited, bit optimistic by them or was that a big downhill.

That car had HKS GT25/30 sequential turbo's though.

It's not massively hard to work out- max power at which revs in top gear with the final drive and tyre circumfrence....

iirc it's 167mph.

Btw, fastest I've gone is a laser (two laser beams 2m apart) verified 188mph.

I was in a Porsche though :D

A very well constructed eBay auction doesn't mean the car is equally as well constructed IMO.

It reads well, the chap clearly knows how to sell things, but would a car like this be so unknown within the Supra world until it gets sold?

I'd say it's possible, however unlikely. At least the internals were built. I like this line:

"I am a profesional motorcycle racer (3rd in Europe and many times Polish Champion) = I take care of my machines better than of my wife"

At least his priorities are straight, I'd say he can be trusted. *waits for stuff thrown by the girls* :hide: :stickpoke

No way will it pull that top speed, you only have to work out the drag figures and the power to pull it, and look at the spec you'd need. Without even looking at the link I could smell Yank.

Too bad it is not a Yank. He is from Poland. Nice call on the bullshit-o-meter though old man. ;)

Hmmm ....True = GPS in my book but i could be wrong;)

Tommy Bahn Managed 201mph On a massive spec a couple of months back And he had a major problem with wind. His spec was also very large indeed 3.4 , Gt47 yadda yadda So 237 on this spec I have a hard time swallowing never mind a stock car with raised limmit ;) Where are all these 200+ boys hidding then :D

Serves him right for eating beans before the test run...

:tumble:

Sorry to ruin it for all you who LOVE to spend your lives calling BS on the 'net, but that car is very well known and well built and very fast.

Yes PLEASE do the maths on the drag/aero (I have) and then tell me a Supra that powerful won't do 230+mph.

Oh, and as for Tommy Bahn - that 201mph was in the STANDING MILE! You think it was topped out? LOL.

i dont see why the car cant do that top end if it is as powerful as they say it is. crd supra has done 200mph at ten of the best in just over 1.5 miles and that has the same sort of power. imagine what crd could pull on a motaway

Apart from Jun, why has no-one done it?

Why weren't all these tuning firms invited to Nardo last year by Continental tyres like RUF, Gamballa, 9FF, Konigsegg etc... 9FF hit 248mph at Nardo in a tuned Porsche GT2. Where were HKS? Top Secret? Amuse? TRD?