The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fairmlie BBQ Aug 25th Cobham

Mr T

hold on, I was the fat bald bloke in a shiney black supe that turned up at 7.30 and parked under a tree. Must have just missed each other. To be fair I did miss half the meet when queuing for a burger :D

as i was standing next to him if you did? your quite tall compred to me though LOL:D

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

as i was standing next to him if you did? your quite tall compred to me though LOL:D

Could well be, I talked to Jamie a few times. Actually i'm in both your pics, stood infront of my car talking to terawua :D

Oh well, maybe catch you next time!

Last year we had a couple of outside tables where we all sat and met up but this year was a bit spread out so is a shame that those who felt left out feel this way. I for one know alot of peeps from the club but it was still hard to chat to everyone so for anyone new it is not the members but the event ........... :thanks:

Its a shame the meet turned out like this. I was really looking forward to it. I left much earlier than expected, sorry about that, but if there was a central Supra focal point I'm sure thing would have been different, especially for thoose who made the effort and travelled some distance to go to other area meets.

We left (in the Yaris :( ) about half past 9. I forgot my Supra shirt as well!!

The BBQ was never worth a fiver, but what car show can you get in for a fiver with that many cars of so many varieties?

The girl with the orange Diablo is someone I know through a friend, she also has a Viper!! Lucky cow. I think her day to day runaround is a Sierra Cosworth! :faint:

Jamie I didn't realise that was you, not clever (but very impressive! :D ). My mate came up and said "That red Supe must have some power, you can tell from the amount of speed it was making even though the wheels were still spinning in 3rd!!". :thumbs:

But other than that not clever, I heard a couple of people give disgruntled remarks about you, especially after you went up and down a couple of times, overtaking a car with something coming the other way!! Probably won't be invited back now. :(

Now for some pics, wish I'd got more! Loved the blue Supe (what colour is that?), rubbish driving on the PS2 though :p .

Supra01.JPG

Supra02.JPG

Supra03.JPG

Supra04.JPG

Diablo01.JPG

Diablo02.JPG

Eleanor02.JPG

Vettes02.JPG

Vettes04.JPG

Porsche01.JPG

Jamie I didn't realise that was you, not clever (but very impressive! :D ). My mate came up and said "That red Supe must have some power, you can tell from the amount of speed it was making even though the wheels were still spinning in 3rd!!". :thumbs:

But other than that not clever, I heard a couple of people give disgruntled remarks about you, especially after you went up and down a couple of times, overtaking a car with something coming the other way!! Probably won't be invited back now. :(

From what i hear everyone was doing burnouts and spinning up up rd when they left later..

Did you light up the tyres on the yaris:D :p

I tried! :(

I wanted to stay a bit later cos I know everyone always gives it some stick when they leave, it's funny watching the 'lesser' cars making tits of themselves! :D

I loved it when you left, it was more the fact you went back twice with bike in tow, some people behind me were making comments (although could've been arrogant Porsche or TVR owners :p ).

Me and my mate (petrolheads) liked it anyway.

Great night folks... thanks to Andy & Susan for organising it.

Looking at some of the comments above, next year, we ought to see if we can sneak a bit of space for a gazibo (we could have done last night) and a few chairs. It would be a focal point for the club and somewhere new members could go to to say hello.

Great cars, we played the "what would we swap our Supe for" game, and decided that the Noble or Aston would be possibles, although wouldn't do it as we would miss our Mkiv buddies to much (and don't have the dosh) !

Liked the Vet's to, especially the sound of them leaving.

Jamie... you are a very naughty boy (but made me grin lots ...:D )

Hope to see you at the Sept SEM.

G

Next year for definate a flag (scull and crossbones lol) tables and seating for the old farts, boucy castle for the kids lol, only joking.

Think it would be a good focal point for the peeps that don't normally come to the South East Meet.

Point taken by those who felt left out of the fold so to speak to try and organise something better for ourselves within the confinds of the show.

Thanks to Andy and Sue for the organisation ...... :respekt:

From what i hear everyone was doing burnouts and spinning up up rd when they left later..

Did you light up the tyres on the yaris:D :p

There was a nutter in a Cerbera who was being a bit mad to say the least after you left. It was a shame you werent around to do some burnouts in front of the crowd though, having sai that your car was the fastest there, maybe thats why you were getting grief.. they were just jealous! :D

There was a nutter in a Cerbera who was being a bit mad to say the least after you left. It was a shame you werent around to do some burnouts in front of the crowd though, having sai that your car was the fastest there, maybe thats why you were getting grief.. they were just jealous! :D

haha... cheers:)

Hi guys,

Just to say "I" enjoyed the evening, all though I would of liked to have a bit more time to talk to you, but I was given the task of collecting the monies on behalf of the pub due to a last minute change of plan by the pub organizers. I believe we had 25 supra's which was a good turnout. Nice to catch up with the regular sem/asford crew, & good to see some nice new supras attend.

Having read a couple of peoples comments suggesting that it was a waste of £5, I must give you my thoughts on this!

Where can you get into a car show with such a wide variety of lovely looking motors, have a parking space reserved for you, & have some food, all for £5!:search: One of the best parts of the evening is to stay a bit later and watch & listen to the cars as they leave the event, in most cases, with tyres screeching & exhausts bellowing in their wake. I would pay £5 just to watch Jamiep in his red supra go up that road like he did.:) (sideways) It must have been the best exit of the 150+ cars I watched leave. Got it sideways at least 3 times as he went up through the gears along the road:D :D

Hope to see some of you guys & gals at Tuesday's SEM back at the Fairmile. Andy

Here's some photos for the people who could not make it this year.

IMG_0300.JPG

IMG_0301.JPG

IMG_0305.JPG

IMG_0308.JPG

IMG_0311.JPG

IMG_0298.JPG

IMG_0312.JPG

IMG_0309.JPG

No problem -- very welcome, one day I hope to hoon along too!

I did my own:p

I have the video evidence for that one!!! wow is all I can say!! :D :d :D

I got a few more pics of the day which I will post up when I can (and maybe the video?)

It was a good evening which I enjoyed and in my opinion was worth the money. I got my food straight away when the queue was shorter so no complaints there!!

Also its true what they say about the Veilside spoiler being a table and I put that to good use!!! :D

Sorry for the poor quality of the video but it was taken on my video phone (I have lots of high quality photos from the day which I need to reduce in size before I post them up) its a 3gp file which should play in Quick Time, I havent tried in Media Player

You can hear the guy on the bike reving behind and then the lovely burble of jaimiep's Supe to silence it and then he goes in a trail of smoke - mmmmmmm :D :D :D

Supra.zip