The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bad points about your Supra

Guest Steve Burnett

This is NOT the car for you...

if

you`re the self-conscious, shy, withdrawn type, lead a sheltered existance, don`t like people pointing, kids waving...etc....etc.....etc..

Not quite true.. I'm like this, unless I'm in the soop.. Then I change, just like the Hulk...

Raaarrgghhhh.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of little niggles thats all.

1. The "Jesus" handle breaks easily.

2. Boot rubbers often need replacing

Both are inexpensive to do but seem to happen to quite a few Supra. Apart from that your local petrol station owner will have you on his Xmas card list and you must repeat must resist modding your Supra because once you start you won't be able to finish.

Enjoy your car, it has some exclusivity about it :)

now thats intreasting as i would have thought people would have said the traction control, from reading loads of the site, dash sratching can be annoying in anycar, but a few coats of paint and will look good as new :)

brakes is intreasting is a uk spec upgrade sufficient or is it worth going the whole hog and six pots all round ? {mainly a fun/ track day driver for me}

The stock traction control is indeed ghastly. The sequential system can go wibbly woo in strange fashions.

Old age sees to:

Intercoolers

Boot hatch rubbers (they don't go 'regularly' though)

Coil pack clips

breather hoses

All of those bar the intercooler are easy and cheap to fix though.

The facelift version doesn't have that crap rubber coating on the dash, in fact it cured a lot of minor niggles from the pre-facelift.

-Ian

yeah uk brake upgrade is fine for most people, nic does a good deal on these also carbon dash, looks soooooo cool

is there a picture of the carbon dash anywhere i cant find one, i tried searching but had no luck weather it was his one or just a kit

good news on the brake upgrade then :D

people saying that autos are better and the uk are faster

The truth hurts :D

I would say take into account that some of these cars are now 13 years old and alot of parts need replacing if they haven't already been done by the previous owner. You can get very obsessed with it and find it hard to draw a line, I personally enjoy this part of Supra ownership, although my bank balance does wince alittle now and again :D

A couple of little niggles thats all.

1. The "Jesus" handle breaks easily.

2. Boot rubbers often need replacing

Both are inexpensive to do but seem to happen to quite a few Supra. Apart from that your local petrol station owner will have you on his Xmas card list and you must repeat must resist modding your Supra because once you start you won't be able to finish.

Enjoy your car, it has some exclusivity about it :)

Someone else that calls it the "Jesus" handle :)

head lights,, misting up

swerls in black paint

flapping bonnet at high speed scares the shit out of me

no button to leave the ariel at half height

water collection tank located in drivers side wing mirror that dripps for a day after washing

ill take the fuel thing on the chin cos its what do you expect.

smoke from the exhaust also worrys me.

Guest chiefvinso

IMO the soop is well built and can take a lot of abuse. Its a performance car so if anything does go wrong thats just the way it is.

not a lot, but overall I'd say:

It's really a two seater (actually plus point for me!)

It is a big car (very wide and long) so manuvering can be tricky. Related to this, the visability out of the car is not amazing.

It goes too fast too easily (good and bad) - as mentioned 100 feels like 60 lol

Traction is not enough to cope with the power and the stock traction control is shockingly bad (i.e. best to switch off and replace)

It just wants to be modded - great but bad for the bank balance...

Fuel economy is actually ok imho - it consumes a lot but it is a 3l TT car with 300+ bhp, what did you expect?

Bad points, when your driving along and you hear a noise from the car that you've never heard before, then the dread at thinking 'what the hell was that?, whatever it was its probably expensive'.

Good points far outway the bad though, have to say, its the continuous stream of rubber neckers as you drive down a high street somewhere, the performance is just a bonus :)