Guest Essex_RS

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by Bobbeh

Thats why you find 90% of J-spec owners spending £k's trying to get their pitiful J-specs up to our standard. You make me sick :D

What standard would that be bobbeh dude ????? fancy going for a spin ?? Sorry but you know the rules I am allowed to take the Piss , how long is it now ??

Dude:flame Dev

Thats why you find 90% of J-spec owners spending £k's trying to get their pitiful J-specs up to our standard. You make me sick :D

Must be nice driving along with the wind in your hair .... oh sorry forgot bobbeh dude you cant do that either can you !!!!:)

40 or so days :)

Have you asked for your license back and found out about booking tests etc , also get your lessons sorted with BSM (they use Corsas but im sure you will get used to the power )The theory is dead easy the extended test isant ( i failed mine .......for speeding ) , not long now though dude , bet youve had a little go though dude havent you ?????

dude:flame Dev

Actually, I think its more than 40 days, they're supposed to sending you proviosnal license applictation stuff 56 days before end of ban thingy, so i should be getting that soon, then I will go with BSM. Went with them b4, they're good peeps. Expesnive, but good. I'm not too worried about the test. Just all the hazard perception crap and other bits they've since thrown in. Grr such a joke. I dont think I can apply for a test until I get a license number, and I need that from the DVLA. :(

Actually, I think its more than 40 days, they're supposed to sending you proviosnal license applictation stuff 56 days before end of ban thingy, so i should be getting that soon, then I will go with BSM. Went with them b4, they're good peeps. Expesnive, but good. I'm not too worried about the test. Just all the hazard perception crap and other bits they've since thrown in. Grr such a joke. I dont think I can apply for a test until I get a license number, and I need that from the DVLA. :(

Wanna hear the Joke B ?????? Your license number is the same !!!!! Think about it your No is you date of birth all mixed up !!!!with the first bit of your surname !!!!!! its just another way they F**k you :devil:

Cheers John, I'll check into that. I went to the DVLA's site and they said they automatically send you the forms 56 days before, it wouldnt suprise me if they did fcuk all tbh. Grr.

I kinda thought the license number would be the same, cos all I'm doing is re-earning it back. I just need that number! :) I'll give them a call.

OK here's me sticking up for our UK-specs once again....

If you can find a UK-spec 6-speed then you are sorted, these cars are much the sought after model for numerous reasons as you will have no doubt found out in your search of this forum.

If you buy j-spec you be spending money on things like brake upgrades, headlight upgrades, wheel/tyre upgrades etc. etc. just to get up to the same standard as the uk-specs. Unless you can find a j-spec that has already had money spent on it.... but 9 times out of 10 people want a completely standard car when they buy.

It's coming upto spring shortly where the second hand car market picks up and new 2nd hand cars appear all over the place. If you can't find a uk-spec now just wait a few months and no doubt there will be a few for sale.

All these j-specs are flooding the uk with Supras.... a few years ago they were a rare car !!!!

:p

Well there you go..... time for me to get slated by the outnumbering import owners out there !

:conf:

Guest Essex_RS

Everyone has different opinions by the sounds of things!!

Problem is when advestised on autotrader they never state import or export!

Can anyone recommend a supra dealer to try and buy a uk spec 6 speed from?

What does everyone pay on insurance?

I have been quoted £1600.00 fully comp

I am 22 with 2 years ncb? on a uk spec car?

Essex_RS

Most people don't say import or auto on ads, or 100k miles, or brown etc..

If it's a UK car, it is worth more so WILL be in the ad. It's worth more because of the better brakes, fuelling, cheaper insurance, better response from dealers, some extra toys/bits, better history.

Jap cars are lighter with quicker spooling turbos - Fact :baa:

Don't know about UK cars, but

http://www.japanese-car-imports.co.uk/ are a good place to look at supras. They will let you take a few cars out with no pressure. Defo worth a trip.

I'm pretty sure that the larger brakes were on option on j specs as mine has them as well as the little sticker on the door frame saying what tyres to use and it says 17inch not 16 which would have ment the small brakes too.

As for insurance if you shop around there are some insurers that quote j spec at the same level as UK spec though some firms don't insure j spec these are also the firms that are expensive. When i was looking at renewing mine some firms wouldn't quote but in the end i got FC for £530 but i'm 29 now last year it was £750 ish

Fact is UK Spec are high speced but that adds to there weight the only difference between my j Spec and a UK is a UK would have leather heated front seats. Which i don't like as sitting on leather in the summer can fing hurt.

J SPEC RULE :p

Originally posted by Essex_RS

Problem is when advestised on autotrader they never state import or export!

Can anyone recommend a supra dealer to try and buy a uk spec 6 speed from?

As mentioned it normally mentions if its a uk car but for visual ID purposes all UK's have the bonnet scoop / intake and front headlight washers (commonly refered to by j-spec owners as dildo's) no j-specs had the scoop as standard although there are a some that have had it added.

so dildos + scoop = Uk car (99.9% )

Some uk cars do turn up at general dealers and sometimes at reasonable money but they tend to be sold very quickly.

IMO there are still some one/two owner from new cars out there that will come up for sale at bargain prices at some point.........

Guest Essex_RS

I wouldn't mind an auto, but if start increasing the power what can the auto box take? What are the bens / downfalls of auto / manual?

Essex_RS :)