Guest Essex_RS

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by cashpoint

Fact is UK Spec are high speced but that adds to there weight the only difference between my j Spec and a UK is a UK would have leather heated front seats. Which i don't like as sitting on leather in the summer can fing hurt.

J SPEC RULE :p

Don't forget that the uk-specs come with higher bhp and torque than j-specs which overcomes the weight difference.

:D

(now I wait to hear argument about faster spooling turbos etc.)

:p

Originally posted by AJI

Don't forget that the uk-specs come with higher bhp and torque than j-specs which overcomes the weight difference.

You forgot about the famous agreement us J-speccers like to bang on about!:D

To be honest I have driven both cars and like the heated seats on the UK spec and the very good brakes but for the extra money, poorer condition (years of salt laden roads) and USUALLY higher mileage I'd much rather have a J-spec.

At the end of the day you could buy a 6 speed Jspec fit some Brembo's to it and probably still save a few quid over a UK spec.

Either way you can't lose.:)

Originally posted by AJI

I thought J-specs had more torque?spec link could be wrong. Like cashpoint said, mine has 17's as standard as well as the bigger brakes, only thing missing is the dildos and seat heaters. Did the uk ever have foldie in mirrors, and lazy boy triptronic?

Edited to say: T

The link is very useful, as you can check year against chassis number, and trim spec etc.

Originally posted by Steve W2

To be honest I have driven both cars and like the heated seats on the UK spec and the very good brakes but for the extra money, poorer condition (years of salt laden roads) and USUALLY higher mileage I'd much rather have a J-spec.

Either way you can't lose.:)

Yes, this is what it comes down to.. most people (imho) end up with a J-spec because there is MUCH more choice when it comes to mileage, colour, auto/manual and the tend to be cheaper. The whole reason imports came over was to undercut the prices of the UK car market and for good reason.

However, there are still great UK examples about with low miles and that are in good condition, you just have to be patient.

I wouldnt worry about the road contidion and salt, as the UK's are all undersealed whereas j-specs are not, so if you bring a j-spec over without treating it I bet you're gonna end up with more probs than a UK that has been treated.

Again with the UK's you usually have some sort of dealer history, and imports are harder to track, but its all risk at the end of the day and if you can afford to go for a car you dont know as much about.

But you'll be happy with either, I guarantee it.