Rotorstock today

CJ

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone actually got any times for Supras from yesterday, or will be getting any for today? Can you pick up a time sheet for all cars. like you can at circuit race events? To not have the speed / time board working was a bit naff, to say the least, wouldn't happen in Germany...

Yeah poor show agreed. Camped out with some mates and stayed Sun left Mon bout 2pm as it was just so boring never realized how boring watching drag strip without time board working.

The MC could have been babbling out train times over the Tannoy for all I could hear of them.

Shakespere did feel like it was run by a bunch of Hill Billies (no offence intended if reading) but various parts of the place felt like the set for DELIVERENCE.

Didn't run my car as haven't sorted misfire out yet but did have it parked up somewhere in the show stand area next to my mate Tom's Bayside Blue R34 GTR for best part of both days.

Might go next next year if still have Supe and get to bottom of misfire!! purely for the no fuss unlimited runs down the strip, hopefully they'll sort the cable munching rabbit by then.

Oh and yes RX8 fronted RX7 was very clever indeed was very impressed and it even suited having Lambo style opening doors!

The venue I thought was good, track prep etc was good - apart from the boards not working which was a disappointment. The waiting times for running were good unlike Pod!

The event was spread over a large area and as you say not a lot to do. Was involving if you were racing though!

Gaz.

The venue I thought was good, track prep etc was good - apart from the boards not working which was a disappointment. The waiting times for running were good unlike Pod!

The event was spread over a large area and as you say not a lot to do. Was involving if you were racing though!

Gaz.

How were your times compared to other Supras running? I don't really like drag racing, but your car seemed to run strongly, what sort of power is it making these days? A lot of the cars that I saw run seem hobbled by slow gearchanges, yours not included, they sounded OK :)

They was only 3 other supras I seen run. Baby D car, Silver J-spec from the board I think, and a Red J-spec D** ROB. Never seen any other times posted apart from the Silver J-spec which got a low 12 (small single) - fast from the lights mind! :D

We got 10's all day on Monday Chris... 10.9 down to a 10.4 @ 145.

Gaz.

Was quite dissapointed i wasnt able to make this event last week..with the failure of both the rx and scoob engine and the supra still being mapped...

But from what you guys have said its very much the same flaws as last year.. which MRC promised would be improved...

For them one of the biggest problems is lack of trade stands... i know they are often speaking to my old man and trying to pushing him into a stand before the event.

I think at the end of the day, its not a show for all makes... the lads that seem to enjoy it are the MRC boys.. who really go for a social if anything...for the rest there is very little to do as has been mentioned.. although last year i did find monday better than the sunday..not sure what you guys thought last year...

Doesnt help for us lot as well that some of the MRC boys are so unsocilable...wont mention names :D!

Hoepfully they will learn from the amount of disapointed comments this year and sort it next year!

Cheers

Gordon

It's a difficult show for traders, we lost money but pretty much the same as every show except Japfest and JAE being possible exceptions.

Still it's more about PR and for us this year about supporting the three cars that we are sponsoring for the 1/4.

Cheers

Simon

I think it should just be treated as a RWYB day next year to avoid any dissapointment. To be fair, I probably wouldn't have been dissapointed if it wasn't for CJ posting what a great show it was and he never misses it! It's all Cols fault.

Still it's more about PR and for us this year about supporting the three cars that we are sponsoring for the 1/4.

You spent a fair bit on signs and sponsoring didn't you? It showed. You could've done with leaflets at the gate too with example pricing or something.

because both events were held on the same weekend..

I heard that - pretty stupid to arrange two events on the same weekend. Not only for the punters, but the competitors too.

It's like JAE last year and the other show that tried to steel its thunder by occupying the old venue. :rolleyes:

i been to the other rotostock when dude ran.i thought it was a good place.good getting to see the cars that were queing to race next.think i like that track more than any other.plenty of seating

Yeah I agree, poor organisation of stands if anything would be the only deraction in my view, I mean even the state of the road leading up to get on the drag strip at the Pod is a right state, with pot holes and puddles all the way up to the start line.

You should buy cars with proper engines then :p ;)

Gaz.

OOO Gaz was there a need for that :p

Supra is fine!!! Only taken 1year lol!

And im not being held responsible for the scoob!!i am blaming a certian tuner for that! They know who they are!!

RX yep all my fault lol!!

Hopefully my RS4...we will have a fully sorted race rx!

It's a difficult show for traders, we lost money but pretty much the same as every show except Japfest and JAE being possible exceptions.

Cheers

Simon

You lost money Simon?..

And you were in one of the "best" spots...

Gaz, were you the blue Soop...that was quick, and visibly so, once you got it to stick....