The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rotorstock today

CJ

Crowd seating arrangements are a lot better at Shakespere than most strips, with a great view of queing and the whole strip, but how safe did you feel on the springboard aging timber planks! That aside from spectator point of view the inop Times display was main let down.

I do rember feeling track felt stickier than the Pod when i ran my car there last year, do they use more glue/track prep than the Pod or is that just me?

On the same note do they prep both lanes at the Pod equally? I always feels theres more traction in the O/S (right) lane there, once again just me or all the years of substance abuse left me a paranoid car enthusiast?

:blink:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had a good time on the Sunday, stopped until about 11pm and witnessed the strangest DJ ever :blink:

Never seen the Envy car run before in the flesh so that was worth the ticket price for me, and also the burgers at our club base camp. Thanks for eating the burnt sausages Pete :D Good to see you Hadyn, shame I seemed to miss the other forum members that where around though.

Also fair play to the drifting Supra, did us proud :)

Some photos from the Sunday can be found here along with a video clip of the Envy Supra: http://japworcs.10.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=413&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=&sid=f9d871f72da94eff15f14d49accd084a

On the same note do they prep both lanes at the Pod equally? I always feels theres more traction in the O/S (right) lane there, once again just me or all the years of substance abuse left me a paranoid car enthusiast?

:blink:

Hehe, from the 2 times I've been to Santa Pod to race my car, I've felt that too, although Envy got their 10.5 in the left hand lane... we cant bloody win :D

They was only 3 other supras I seen run. Baby D car, Silver J-spec from the board I think, and a Red J-spec D** ROB. Never seen any other times posted apart from the Silver J-spec which got a low 12 (small single) - fast from the lights mind! :D

We got 10's all day on Monday Chris... 10.9 down to a 10.4 @ 145.

Gaz.

I think the Silver J-Spec Supra that Gaz mentioned was me (by the way the car is still on stock turbo's).

I had a good weekend and qualified 7th in the RWD class with a 12.248 @116.24mph with a 1.997 sec 60ft time. Unfortunately this put me up against the Envy Supra (which qualified with a 10.8) in the 1st round of eliminations.

Shakespeare were running a 'sportman tree' at the Rotorstock event (3 amber lights at 0.5 second intervals before the green) so it is easy to be too eager and get a red light which means disqualification.

I managed to cut a great light (0.14 seconds after the green light came on) and get away from the start line before the Envy car - however Kevin screamed past at about the 1/8 mile point and went on to win with a great 10.435 secs @145.12mph to my 12.448 secs @116.35mph. Good race!

Simon

Good times, for stock Turbo's!:) Your obviously into your drag racing. Is your Supra a manual or an auto?

I was just praying I did'nt mash a gear change up the strip. I new you would try to cut a good reaction time off the light to put some pressure on me, I would have done the same against a faster car.

I just had to concentrate on not getting excited and running a red.

The pressure obviously did me some good as I got a lot of things right on that run.:p

All good fun:)

Kevin

I think the Silver J-Spec Supra that Gaz mentioned was me (by the way the car is still on stock turbo's).

I had a good weekend and qualified 7th in the RWD class with a 12.248 @116.24mph with a 1.997 sec 60ft time. Unfortunately this put me up against the Envy Supra (which qualified with a 10.8) in the 1st round of eliminations.

Shakespeare were running a 'sportman tree' at the Rotorstock event (3 amber lights at 0.5 second intervals before the green) so it is easy to be too eager and get a red light which means disqualification.

I managed to cut a great light (0.14 seconds after the green light came on) and get away from the start line before the Envy car - however Kevin screamed past at about the 1/8 mile point and went on to win with a great 10.435 secs @145.12mph to my 12.448 secs @116.35mph. Good race!

Simon

Good times, for stock Turbo's!:) Your obviously into your drag racing. Is your Supra a manual or an auto?

I was just praying I did'nt mash a gear change up the strip. I new you would try to cut a good reaction time off the light to put some pressure on me, I would have done the same against a faster car.

I just had to concentrate on not getting excited and running a red.

The pressure obviously did me some good as I got a lot of things right on that run.:p

All good fun:)

Kevin

My Supra is a manual and I have been racing it for around 4 years now - gradually lowering the times to consistent low 12's - although I did run an 11.82 at last years Rotorstock event.

I also needed to concentrate on getting the gear shifts right and cutting a good light.

Racing creates a different set of pressures compared to time trials. Because of this most times in racing seem to be slower than qualifying so you did well to run your 10.4.

Simon

Guest Clive@MRC
Was quite dissapointed i wasnt able to make this event last week..with the failure of both the rx and scoob engine and the supra still being mapped...

But from what you guys have said its very much the same flaws as last year.. which MRC promised would be improved...

For them one of the biggest problems is lack of trade stands... i know they are often speaking to my old man and trying to pushing him into a stand before the event.

I think at the end of the day, its not a show for all makes... the lads that seem to enjoy it are the MRC boys.. who really go for a social if anything...for the rest there is very little to do as has been mentioned.. although last year i did find monday better than the sunday..not sure what you guys thought last year...

Doesnt help for us lot as well that some of the MRC boys are so unsocilable...wont mention names :D!

Hoepfully they will learn from the amount of disapointed comments this year and sort it next year!

Cheers

Gordon

Hi All,

First of all I want to thank all of you guys that did turn up for R3 and would like to offer my apologies and an explanation for the shortcomings of the event that were beyond our control that I feel you all rightly deserve!!

As some of you know I am the President of Mazdarotaryclub.com and we are the ones who dreamt up and organised this event for not only all of our guys but also all other Japanese car clubs such as yours and would like to point out that the past 3 Rotorstocks have been done for love and we do not receive any of the gate or sign on fees to run this event, in fact we charged money this year to car clubs to attend but these monies went directly back to Cancer Research.

Unbeknown to many we had severe problems with the track itself because of the fact that the promoter announced that he was pulling out of the track after falling out with the land owners and staff and as a result many of the things that were requested by MRC simply did not happen.

I am very dismayed at Gord R’s post especially as he was not even there! And would like to clear up a few things he has perceived and quite honestly lied about!

1st just had he has done on MRC he is trying to “big up” his Dad because his Dad has never ever been contacted by me to get his company to have a trade stand at Rotorstock, but I am pleased to say that every trader and sponsor involved with R3 has already committed to come back to R4 wherever we hold it.

As for this event not being for anyone else other than MRC why then have the Skyline owners club told me that this is there best event of the year due to the laid back friendly atmosphere that Rotorstock gives them in fact this year they all arrived Saturday dinner time because they enjoyed themselves so much last year!

So why did we ever put on this event ?

I am proud have been part of the Japanese Car community for some ten years now and have enjoyed the company at events of not just people with my type of car but also you guys out there with all types of Japanese cars.

When the opportunity came to put on Rotorstock from day one it was always intended to involve all the Japanese car community and not just Rotary’s and this was because by then ALL of us had done the stand in the field Shows all hears “I’ve got two zillion horse power” and decided the time had come to have a try and create a true Show n Go American “import Drag” style meeting for all Japanese Cars and was very aware that we needed to take the whole of the Japanese community to the event and try and cater for all aspects of our community and this is also why for the second year we had drifting because by then I knew that Drifting was going to become a full part of our Japanese Community.

I am proud to say that at R1 it was the first time that Japanese cars had raced together properly, yes they had been to Santa Pod by then setting times, but no one had actually put these cars head to head and raced them, indeed I can remember telling Riche Baumont with his 10second 200SX to “ get back in your car because your racing now and times don’t matter” after he got out of his car to go and get his time slip!.

If I hadn’t of rained this year you would have seen another first with proper class racing with RWD racing RWD and 4WD racing 4WD etc.

MRC has done its very best to try and put on event that not only pushes boundary’s but also to try and give ALL owners of Japanese cars a good exciting “laid back” weekend all paid for not by some big promoter, organisation or money man unlike JapFest or Jap show but another Japanese car club just like yours from its club funds and if there are shortcomings with this event that your not happy about please take into consideration that we are guys just like you that want to have a good time trying to put on a fun event for all.

Clive, all your hard work is appreciated as the previous Rotorstock events I've been to have been great fun, I think perhaps the crappy weather and lack of scoreboard simply dampened peoples spirits this year. Keep up the good work! :)

Plus your yellow RX7 is a superb example to any jap car owner to follow (I'm pretty sure we've met before, but I was usually lurking behind my brother Andy, who used to own the Silver C-West RX7 that made one of your calendars *I think*) :)

Guest Clive@MRC
Clive, all your hard work is appreciated as the previous Rotorstock events I've been to have been great fun, I think perhaps the crappy weather and lack of scoreboard simply dampened peoples spirits this year. Keep up the good work! :)

Plus your yellow RX7 is a superb example to any jap car owner to follow (I'm pretty sure we've met before, but I was usually lurking behind my brother Andy, who used to own the Silver C-West RX7 that made one of your calendars *I think*) :)

Thanks Bob ( by they way without a very dedicated few around me we couldn't even have thought about doing the event),

Gaz one of the highlights of R1 for me was that "sleeper" Dude of yours who knocked out some of the quicker cars there because they didn't know who he was and turned their boost down!:D

Gaz one of the highlights of R1 for me was that "sleeper" Dude of yours who knocked out some of the quicker cars there because they didn't know who he was and turned their boost down!:D

:)

It was pretty subtle as we had removed all the graphics the week before!

The faster RX7 (Reworx) had broke on its previous run and we were sure we were on for the final, but wasn't to be :(

Gaz.