What made you buy a supra

brian73united

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had been thinking about getting a car I could do something with as I'm not allowed to change the Motability car in any way. Was on my way back from Manchester and was passed by a few Supra's which got my interest up. Then I went to Brands Hatch to watch the first A1 Race and was next to a gorgeous black one. When I got back I had a look on the net and as soon as I saw this...

I knew I wanted it. The shape, the colour, everything was right. Within 3 days she was parked outside my house, with me sporting a huge :)

i was pissed 5 years ago and went out for a test drive in a supra , i didnt drive it , my brother did ... made me throw up in the back seat ... the garage was not very happy with it, but i told them ill buy the car they were ok about it . the strange thing was i was not after another car , my brother was, but he could not get the money together , i paid by visa card .......went to the pub later and forgot about it until 2 days later my brother asked me when iam going to pick up the car ???. i replied what car ? then i remembered ...bummer ... you should have seen the wife's face when i arrived in the car the next day , well it was my birthday .......i havent regreated it yet ....strange i did the same thing with my TVR aswell ..... lesson to learn , dont go and look at a car when iam drunk ??and brother is driving !!!

Well first i had the 3000GT.

And i keept looking at the Supra.

It was sooo beautiful and fast.

I fell in love with the Targa mainly....

So i sold the 3000GT , saved some money and bought the Supra MKIV TT.

:D

And also love when people ask what car you own.

And you just say " a toyota " , hehe.

Guest Flat4_ire
Well first i had the 3000GT.

And i keept looking at the Supra.

It was sooo beautiful and fast.

I fell in love with the Targa mainly....

So i sold the 3000GT , saved some money and bought the Supra MKIV TT.

:D

And also love when people ask what car you own.

And you just say " a toyota " , hehe.

They are all badge snobs in sweden, apart from an enormous amount and volvos and saabs over there everyone owns class cars, i was there twice and i saw some amazing rare cars!! i wanted to stay there and nearly did

i was pissed 5 years ago and went out for a test drive in a supra , i didnt drive it , my brother did ... made me throw up in the back seat ... the garage was not very happy with it, but i told them ill buy the car they were ok about it . the strange thing was i was not after another car , my brother was, but he could not get the money together , i paid by visa card .......went to the pub later and forgot about it until 2 days later my brother asked me when iam going to pick up the car ???. i replied what car ? then i remembered ...bummer ... you should have seen the wife's face when i arrived in the car the next day , well it was my birthday .......i havent regreated it yet ....strange i did the same thing with my TVR aswell ..... lesson to learn , dont go and look at a car when iam drunk ??and brother is driving !!!

Can I come out drinking with you please...........;)

And to all the people who put their Supe on their credit card, huff, how much money have you got, its not a pack of beers you know. Wanting the car of your dreams - £15,000, paying the interest on it - £2000, the wife finding out what you spend on your drunk impulse buys - 1 divorce, for everything else theres MasterCard :D

Well me, I had remortgaged and had 30k burning holes in my pocket. I was supposed to go and put all that down on a house, but ended up spending 2/3's of it on the Supra and putting 10k on the deposite :eyebrows:

I was intially looking at the GT3000's as I didnt like the Supras headlights, then browsing Ebay and spotted mine, fell in love with it, emailed the bloke and said if I bought would only do it privatly, so went up to Leeds to see the car, he took me out and as soon as we hit 130mph I had to have, didnt even test drive it then but left a deposite and returned a few weeks later :innocent: Picked her up in the morning from Leeds, drove her for the first time around 09:00 in the morning, then me and the chap I bought it from went to the very first 10 of the best and raced her down the strip at 163mph, beating the chap who I just bought it off of by 1mph on the top speed run......he wasnt please but what a day that was :D

They are all badge snobs in sweden, apart from an enormous amount and volvos and saabs over there everyone owns class cars, i was there twice and i saw some amazing rare cars!! i wanted to stay there and nearly did

Got to love Sweden !

Drove around for some days ago and spotted some Ferraris...

Was at the meeting in "Helsingborg" yesterday.

Alot of cars, about 100 cars +

Saw some cool :

Supra MKIV TT

Skyline R34 GT-R

Lamborghini Gallardo

Here is a really bad picture from my mobile phone of the Lambo

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4463/lambo4ul.jpg

Years ago I played the original need for speed it was called road and track and it had a supra in it, me and my mates would say can you imagine owning any of the cars on that game, the game had really good video showcases of all the cars along with the supra. Always wanted a super sports car that made jaws drop wherever it went. What can I say, I'm a materialistic showoff. So a supra purchase was inevitable. :)

Yup Road & Track's original Need For Speed on the Panasonic 3DO games console! Remember watching the video showcase for the Supra on there and thinking it just looked so much cooler than all the other cars on there...

I recently rescued my 3DO from the bottom of my old wardrobe at my mum's house and have been playing it again. Remember the annoying "Mr. X" guy you raced against, was so smarmy in those video cut scene's when he beat you... Was great beating him :D

I'm gonna have to try and extract the video showcase from the CD, I've downloaded FreeDO (3DO emulator) and will try and have a play around with that.

My Uncle had a MKIII turbo and I fell in love with it. Years later I went back to the states and he had gotten rid and showed me a MKIV. I have wanted one ever since but could not afford it, so I forgot all about it and plus I was only 17. In 1999 I saw lovely silver one in Bracknell with 2 huge bins coming out the back end, deap disk alloys and the veilside c2 body kit. Looked and sounded great and reminded me so I started searching but had no where to park it so I had to wait till I moved house and made sure there was Supra space with the house :D

I miss driving a Supra.....:cry:

Hehe yeah, I remember that, was the slowest car in the game but was to battle with the 911 which was one model quicker :)

I think the RX-7 is actually the slowest one, and the NSX is not much quicker. As for battling the 911, pffft I could beat Mr X in anything with the Supra ;)