The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What made you buy a supra

brian73united

Loved the MKIII when i was a kid, loved the MKIV even more. Great looks and performance in standard form, still could live with a lot of new £40k cars today. Also the endless possibilities in tuning them was a great factor :D Not a lot of other production cars can end up doing 7 second 1/4s if you're into drag racing, or if like me you prefer corners, not many others are as fun to drive :D

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why wouldn't you....

The roar of the exhaust note.

The dimensions, so long and sleek from the side and so menacingly wide from the front.

The 6gears.

Turbo spool up.

The looks of most people....and the secret looks of all the rest.

The dashboard.

The over-engineered engine and drive-train that just begs for more.

Correct-wheel drive.

The principle car of the Gran Turismo series.

And many many more....

DSCN1833.JPG

I remember seeing a tv program with one on about 10 years ago and just thought 1 day I will have one of them! It then became my dream car! Then fast and furious came to the big screen and my boner got even bigger! So I started to build up my no claims for a couple of years and then last year I thought if I don't buy one now I never will! So I thought I have no girlfriend to tell me not to, no kids to spend all my money, no house to pay the mortgage on so I bought it. IT puts a smile on my face everyday! I love everything about it! The nice V6 roar, the cockpit, the nice big arse and the RWD in the wet :ecstatic:

The first time I ever saw a MkIV was in a two page advert in National Geographic magazine. My MkIII lost a little shine after that.

If I remember right, the advert (US market) stated 157mph / 0-60 @ 4.6 secs and 35 mpg.

Second time I saw one, there were two of em sat in a forecourt opposite my office window @ £40 k +, winking at me. I was told soon after that 'I want that car' isnt a good enough reason for a payrise. I was reminded that Id also asked for a payrise when wifey got pregant, only to be told that as it wasnt the boss that had got her pregnant, no deal.

Finally filled my boots in '99.